Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who want to use sleeping pods?

Sleeping pods? For real? Look everybody, we, friends and family of mine and me are not allowed to use sleeping pods, as one of those automatic futuristic beds in my game, but I'll give them to alien sims, who are futuristic. Y'all like to use sleeping pods?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Oh yes they were fun in TS3 Into The Future and like it's TS3 counterpart you'll be able to make your sims have several dreams you want them to with an upgrade to the bed. Get that handiness skill up. Also Sleep Pods are one of two new woohoo locations in Get Famous. The pod works like the vampire coffin in regards to woohooing.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Didn't even know we were getting those. I can see my own alien families using them and maybe some future high tech stuff. Seems cool.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think they’re neat. The dream thing in ts3 was cool, especially when it was the easiest way to meet your coworkers.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited November 2018
    I liked and used the sleeping pods in TS3 and I'll probably feel the same with these ones if they're similar.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll use them but not for the famous actor types unless they are using them as some "treatment" sleep. They will be in my scientists homes, alien homes and possibly other futuristic modern homes and areas.
    There is a set coming also that looks like a spaceship... I think that is where they have the saber fight? I think there is another one too but can't find the link. Anyway I'm hoping to be able to fit these sets somehow as background in other builds. Something like a pod bed would fit there .. most other types would look strange.
    Not everyone plays the game out as their real life and what they would want in it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I never had the chance to try sleep pods in TS3, but I can guarantee you they really bring out the sci-fi nerd in me and will be using them in some specific households. I don't know which ones yet.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Didn't even know we were getting those. I can see my own alien families using them and maybe some future high tech stuff. Seems cool.

Starts at 14:22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o-JDx3JtgM&t=743s
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Starts at 14:22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o-JDx3JtgM&t=743s

Oh this is great I didn't know it came with these upgrades or subliminal possibilities. Even better. I thought it was just for sleeping in. :).
    egTcBMc.png
    Maybe their testing these sleep pods for future heart shaped beds.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Sleeping pods? For real? Look everybody, we, friends and family of mine and me are not allowed to use sleeping pods, as one of those automatic futuristic beds in my game, but I'll give them to alien sims, who are futuristic. Y'all like to use sleeping pods?

Are we getting those back? Way cool! One of my families is from the future. This will be great. My soon to be singer Sim will likely once again have his pod to sleep in. LOL Never mind that he will end up residing with his younger sister and her new husband in her husband's inherited castle. It's fun to 'mix n match'. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I can't wait for this object, I think it's the one I am most interested in.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited November 2018
    Didn't care for them in TS3 - still don't care for them.

I thought it was rather odd that they were introduced in this pack. I hope this doesn't mean that the ones who want a futuristic pack end up being cheated. I don't really want it, but there is enough of a demand that those who do should get it before this series ends.

Edited for langauge. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Are we getting those back? Way cool! One of my families is from the future. This will be great. My soon to be singer Sim will likely once again have his pod to sleep in. LOL Never mind that he will end up residing with his younger sister and her new husband in her husband's inherited castle. It's fun to 'mix n match'. ;)

Yes see the video above I posted. I can't wait to get this object back.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I barely touched them in TS3 but I'll probably play with it at some point. Perfect for aliens of course, techy sims, or rich sims looking to spend money on gadgets. I'm a little confused why it's in this pack. As much as the gurus like to say they never leave hints... it's been done in the past (including this series).
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I loved them in TS3 and will use them all the time.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I barely touched them in TS3 but I'll probably play with it at some point. Perfect for aliens of course, techy sims, or rich sims looking to spend money on gadgets. I'm a little confused why it's in this pack. As much as the gurus like to say they never leave hints... it's been done in the past (including this series).

It's in the pack because of celebs having the nicest objects however any sim especially rich sim can have the pods. This is also why they included golden versions of the toilet,sink,bathtub,shower and tiger everything patterns.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

It's in the pack because of celebs having the nicest objects however any sim especially rich sim can have the pods. This is also why they included golden versions of the toilet,sink,bathtub,shower and tiger everything patterns.
    I get the rich & famous theme but in my opinion, the sleep pod is more sci-fi/futuristic like Into the Future style. *shrugs*

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Didn't care for them in TS3 - still don't care for them.

I thought it was rather odd that they were introduced in this pack. I hope this doesn't mean that the ones who want a futuristic pack end up being cheated. I don't really want it, but there is enough of a demand that those who do should get it before this series ends.

Edited for langauge. - EA_Cian

A lot of big stars have weird stuff like sleep pods, sensory deprivation chambers, etc. -- I've even seen something similar to sleep pods at tech trade shows, where you can pay to catch a quick catnap in one. (Second in popularity to the massage therapists -- nothing like a good foot massage when you're walking show floors all day.) I might have my musician get one just to try it out, then if I recreate my alien family they'll all sleep in them.

Post edited by EA_Cian on
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    These will be perfect for my alien and mad scientist sims. :)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I would love to be able to use it for my modern vampires - hopefully someone can mod them to be usable by vamps.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I think a alien sim maybe?
    Aine wrote: »
    I would love to be able to use it for my modern vampires - hopefully someone can mod them to be usable by vamps.

Vamps should be able to use these. Am I missing something? I haven't seen any conformation vampires can't use this object.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    This is awesome! I'm working on designing a futuristic house for my alien Sims and I can't wait to add these to it!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Vamps should be able to use these. Am I missing something? I haven't seen any conformation vampires can't use this object.
    I mean, for the vampire energy thingy, I don't remember what it's called.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---