Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duplicate A World

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

In order to extend the possibilities, Duplicate-A-World tool could allow the players to copy any existing worlds.
The idea is to increase building area in the same landscape.

Copy San Myshuno would also increase the number of apartments available in the game.

It would be a "light" copy, I mean no festival in San Myshuno clone, no party event in Winderburg clone.
The original ones remain the place of all the events.

It would be possible to rename the clones and to choose between empty map (no building like Newcrest) or complete map.

Comments

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i like it
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    [quote="LeGardePourpre;d-950498"]Hi,

In order to extend the possibilities, Duplicate-A-World tool could allow the players to copy any existing worlds.

Copy San Myshuno would also increase the number of apartments available in the game.

It would be a "light" copy, I mean no festival in San Myshuno clone, no party event in Winderburg clone.

It would be possible to rename the clones and to choose between empty map (no building like Newcrest) or complete map.[/quote]

Would be interesting If in that patch they included a filled version of NewCrest, sometimes i AM tired of filling ALL Rhode lots one by one.
    Oh, would be cool If we could choose individual neighborhoods... Lets say i want just a copy of the fashion district, It would appear like Forgotten Hollow.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    This is a totally thinking out of the box! I like this idea!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    That would be great. It's annoying when I have to copy my favourite lots to put them in a new save.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mimi88jpmimi88jp Posts: 6 New Member
    this sounds exactly what im looking for. the worlds get smaller and smaller so i was looking for a way to create hidden lots by duplicating the police and hospital lot and building something else there instead.
    Since maxis EA won't build us a create a world tool, I wish they'd at least give us worlds/neighborhoods we could buy for like more space or something. Our sims could use a taxi to get there :-).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

It would be possible to rename the clones and to choose between empty map (no building like Newcrest) or complete map.

Agreed.

I'd also like the option to name them.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Also, if they added a remove/add world button to the manage worlds screen, than they wouldn't have the excuse to develop so small worlds like we had since after Brindleton Bay. If we decided to add all worlds they could jsut add a notification saying that it mgiht impact our game speed/performance.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I like all the ideas.
    We also need a CAW(Create All Worlds) & the ability to merge certain worlds into one big world.
    > @Forgeron said:
    > [quote="LeGardePourpre;d-950498"]Hi,
    >
    > In order to extend the possibilities, Duplicate-A-World tool could allow the players to copy any existing worlds.
    > The idea is to increase building area in the same landscape.
    >
    > Copy San Myshuno would also increase the number of apartments available in the game.
    >
    > It would be a "light" copy, I mean no festival in San Myshuno clone, no party event in Winderburg clone.
    > The original ones remain the place of all the events.
    >
    > It would be possible to rename the clones and to choose between empty map (no building like Newcrest) or complete map.[/quote]
    >
    > Would be interesting If in that patch they included a filled version of NewCrest, sometimes i AM tired of filling ALL Rhode lots one by one.
    > Oh, would be cool If we could choose individual neighborhoods... Lets say i want just a copy of the fashion district, It would appear like Forgotten Hollow.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!!
    Even if it could just copy individual neighbourhoods.
    > @Forgeron said:
    > [quote="LeGardePourpre;d-950498"]Hi,
    >
    > In order to extend the possibilities, Duplicate-A-World tool could allow the players to copy any existing worlds.
    > The idea is to increase building area in the same landscape.
    >
    > Copy San Myshuno would also increase the number of apartments available in the game.
    >
    > It would be a "light" copy, I mean no festival in San Myshuno clone, no party event in Winderburg clone.
    > The original ones remain the place of all the events.
    >
    > It would be possible to rename the clones and to choose between empty map (no building like Newcrest) or complete map.[/quote]
    >
    > Would be interesting If in that patch they included a filled version of NewCrest, sometimes i AM tired of filling ALL Rhode lots one by one.
    > Oh, would be cool If we could choose individual neighborhoods... Lets say i want just a copy of the fashion district, It would appear like Forgotten Hollow.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!!
    Even if it could just copy individual neighbourhoods.
  • LauriertjeLauriertje Posts: 10 New Member
    Wouldn't it also be cool if this really happens, that you can download a whole neighborhood from the gallery? :D All ready and set for you to play, because some Simmers like the game play and other Simmers like building much more! A win-win situation.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2020
    Zerbu might have found a way to actually do it.

Update: Appearantly you can do it right now, with sims4studio.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    logion wrote: »

Apparently, it is INCREDIBLY unstable and has been crashing games. Use at your own risk.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would prefer new worlds with different characteristics. A pack only with worlds or more worlds being included in all packs. Just delivering the chance of copying the exact same worlds that we already have sounds somehow lazy...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    logion wrote: »

Apparently, it is INCREDIBLY unstable and has been crashing games. Use at your own risk.

I tested it and it only really works when you are in the map view, once you go into live mode you will encounter problems like that the game will only show lots from your original world or vice versa. There are probably a lot of ID's that still needs to be unique.