Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder how many people consider here consider them-self as ehem... gay ;-)

I have only recently accepted that I am homosexual myself ;-)

Jag I played sims in a big part of my sims was gay or lesbians :-)

Often I made gay ones from their very young age, I was afraid to show it to my friends, that sometimes they would not take me for some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :(

It is very cool that more and more people from every age, professional or social group who are homosexual are more and more often admit to it.

And that you can be a masculine big guy, athlete or military and at the same time gay.

I made it clear to myself, among other things, thanks to playing the Sims, and after watching a few films, among others this one :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tW_Xl8yokA

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    YES HELLO THIS IS THE CHAT FOR ME
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    ever since i was a kid i always made gay and lesbian sims, lol, and now i just can't stop
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    This thread makes me so happy.

My father worked out that I was gay before I did, because I made a lesbian Sim couple of myself and an internet friend. He didn't say anything at the time but he encouraged my creativity with the Sims and when I came out to him a few years later he was totally supportive and understanding. Being able to have same-sex relationships and eventually marriage in the Sims was really important to me. The progression socially has been interesting. Sims 1 you could have romances but not marriage. Sims 2 you could have what seemed to be the equivalent to a civil partnership. Sims 3, at last, marriage! (I may have mis-remembered the exact games but this is essentially how it went.)

Having gone through it in real life... when my wife and I first got engaged, it wasn't actually legal for us to have a full marriage in our country yet. We watched the parliamentary debate together, and cried with joy when it all went through. The following year we got married. Now I can make us in the Sims and we're married there and in real life too.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
    Since I was young, I always knew there had to be a reason I was never excited about boy bands or acted the same way as other girls did. I finally started figuring stuff out a while later when I realised I just had no attraction to guys and eventually I got my first crush on a girl. It’s like everything is so much clearer now since I finally figured myself out 4 years ago. I haven’t yet been in a relationship, but I’m so excited for the future. (Yes, I’m young. Look at it this way; if I were put in a Sims life stage, I’d be at teen)

• PawelK198604PawelK198604 Posts: 323 Member
    This thread makes me so happy.

My father worked out that I was gay before I did, because I made a lesbian Sim couple of myself and an internet friend. He didn't say anything at the time but he encouraged my creativity with the Sims and when I came out to him a few years later he was totally supportive and understanding. Being able to have same-sex relationships and eventually marriage in the Sims was really important to me. The progression socially has been interesting. Sims 1 you could have romances but not marriage. Sims 2 you could have what seemed to be the equivalent to a civil partnership. Sims 3, at last, marriage! (I may have mis-remembered the exact games but this is essentially how it went.)

Having gone through it in real life... when my wife and I first got engaged, it wasn't actually legal for us to have a full marriage in our country yet. We watched the parliamentary debate together, and cried with joy when it all went through. The following year we got married. Now I can make us in the Sims and we're married there and in real life too.

What did you think about my sims?
    I plan to make the blond boy athletic brave gay astronaut or athlete I not decided yet :wink: And they nerdy one into typical straight absent-minded inventor or IT guru with dominant wife :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHH9U1AgQc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBT0pnETnVI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYB-V6RIexM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR1m_TzPDwE
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2018
    What did you think about my sims?
    I plan to make the blond boy athletic brave gay astronaut or athlete I not decided yet :wink: And they nerdy one into typical straight absent-minded inventor or IT guru with dominant wife :blush:

Definitely in favour of a brave gay astronaut <3
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    So happy that younger folks are more accepting of who they are. When I was a kid, I was mortified of who I was attracted to and afraid that people will figure out that I'm not on the straight team.

This year, I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary with my husband.

Love conquers all. <3
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    nastyjman wrote: »
    So happy that younger folks are more accepting of who they are. When I was a kid, I was mortified of who I was attracted to and afraid that people will figure out that I'm not on the straight team.

This year, I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary with my husband.

Love conquers all. <3

In my country, gays and lesbians can not marry among themselves, because the marriage of the married couple is legally defined as a union of man and woman. Personally, I probably would not marry another man because in my head he still does it as a sin. But I think that homosexual people should have the right to be happy, and therefore also the right to marriage if they so wish.

I personally still have a problem with accepting myself, and you are right that young people accept who they are.

This community also seems to have an open-minded :smile:

Speaking off look what I found :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCAgoof6uIU&amp;
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Acceptance is a road. Some have a short path, others a long journey. I was in the same position as you with regards as seeing it as a "sin", but found out for myself that love is never a "sin".

I hope you reach your destination in the road of yours. Because love between two consenting souls is a wonderful thing.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    What do you think about that :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3nRhwfXm9A
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What's with the wink face though? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    @PawelK198604, we probably live in the same country... Russia, right?

I'm a straight male, but had and still have gay couples in the game. Most of them, though, just choose someone of their own gender, so it's not like I create them to be gays. I hardly ever create families, I start with just one sim.
  • Nightleaf11Nightleaf11 Posts: 47 Member
    If you don't care about feelings, just skip over this one.

I feel bad because when I told my mom and my dad that I'm gay, I didn't really have any struggles. I was born in a country that doesn't want more trouble then necessary. They don't care if you're gay or straight or whatever. They just want you to have a job to pay your bills and vote for them the next time you vote. As long as you don't commit crimes, our private lives and love lives don't concern them. My mom, dad and me weren't religous so I never felt like I was a sinner. And I see all these people online coming out and it's very difficult to do for them, I just feel it's unfair to call myself gay. Especially while I've only dreamt about a woman hugging me and us both falling asleep. And *achem accidentally caught myself *achem looking at boobs *achem but never having been with a woman and having only having had two boyfriends when I was 11 and when I was 9. Back then I didn't even know you could be gay. Those boyfriends didn't last long but that could've just been the wrong guys. I'm not sure. I think I'm gay and I say I am but there's always this nagging feeling of guilt, like I don't deserve to call myself gay because of how easy it is for me to claim.
    Believe it or not boobs got autocorrected to plum. And please don't think plum means 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I'm not that much of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Can't you say breasts on this site? In that case I meant chests
    Ugh I meant breast instead of plum.
    Boo b s get translated to plum
    @Nightleaf11 Oh my goodness, same here! I was very lucky when it came to coming out and I feel so guilty about it sometimes because of the people that just don’t have it that easy. I was only 12 when I started to come out, I’m still coming out to this day but there’s always that guilt I have because I have it so easy.

• CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Not a lot of aces in the chat, so I thought I would stop by. My mom was a little confused on what asexual meant until I explained it to her. She was super supportive about it.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • uniisimmeruniisimmer Posts: 41 Member
    oh i love this chat already <3

i'm bi, and recently came out to my boyfriend and gosh he was so supportive i actually love him so much :)
  • GwenAutumnGwenAutumn Posts: 18 Member
    To the OP: I am so happy and proud of you! Sims has always been a safe way to explore life :)
    [img][/img]Cu7xidF.jpg
    Check out my Simblr! https://globalgwen98.tumblr.com/tagged/sims4cc

uniisimer wrote: »
    oh i love this chat already <3

i'm bi, and recently came out to my boyfriend and gosh he was so supportive i actually love him so much :)
    That’s absolutely amazing!! Congratulations!!

• cloudsky331cloudsky331 Posts: 220 Member
    I'm bisexual, demi-romantic, and genderfluid. So happy to see this thread!
    "Why is nothing in the sims sparkly? They should add a sparkles stuff pack. Sparklepack."
    giphy.gif