Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Play, More Problems

Hi, all. So I'm getting a little frustrated; maybe two weeks ago I wrote about my Sim, Tamara, who invited her brothers to move back in. But she had no memory that they were related. Though it said they were siblings in her relationship panel, she had no family tree. It listed her as married, but her siblings and children did not appear. Today the problem resurfaced with her grandchild Avery, except it's worse; I cannot even click on her family tree, and upon accessing her through a sibling's family tree, yes, she is all alone. I have tried resetting her, as well as quitting without saving. It does not work.
This family is saved in a previous version, which is still vacationing in China. I'm off to load that version to see if the problem occurred during their vacation, or afterward. Here goes nothing...
Be safe.

Comments

• RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    The problem occurred after their vacation; Avery's family tree is still functional in China. I have no idea what happened.
    Be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you use mods? If not, this could be a case of the travel transition breaking, or rather losing/corrupting some of the data in your save.

I wondered if your previous issue (one sim losing her family tree) was due to the moving/merging you mentioned doing in Edit Town, but it sounds like you've moved past that now.
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    I thought I'd moved past it, but maybe it's an issue that can lay dormant? Maybe it's only effective in the neighborhood the Sim lives in? As for mods, I don't use them. Partly because I don't want to cause further damage to an already problematic game, and partly because I can't figure them out.
    Be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If you don't want to use mods, that's perfectly understandable; many players don't. But there are plenty of people here who can walk you through the process of installing and using them, if you'd like to try. They're very easy to add to the game, and to remove if you so choose.

And while there are certainly plenty of mods that can corrupt your game, even if used properly, NRaas mods will not. In fact, many of them are designed specifically to clean up bugs, glitches, and useless data in your saves. If you're interested, all you have to do is ask.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    I will add to the advice above (no pressure, of course) that NRaas mods among some others that are also available were originally designed and now maintained and supported by professional developers/programmers. I would put AwesomeMod, although some don't want that for other reasons, and some from select developers at ModTheSims, Simlogical, and The Sims Asylum in the same category.

When mods are done properly those that are designed to protect gameplay as opposed to add new features, although those can be nice too, tend to add stability and relieve pressure from an otherwise overworked and flawed game. Will also add that NRaas mods are removable, others are too although sometimes some steps need to be taken first. But at no time do mods affect the game install, they only impact the game saves and the current TS3 user game folder in Documents just like other forms of added content.

We always try to provide at least two answers when players have issues: if you use mods try this, if not try that. But when we're talking about keeping long-running multi-generational games with world travel involved going and sim corruption begins to creep in, there are no modless solutions short of starting the game over or somehow moving your hopefully not too flawed current generation to a new world and starting over from there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net