Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

Comments

• vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    CAW
    vikixc wrote: »
    I feel lied to. This isn't a game changer and as for "this hasn't been done before", anyone remember the "Fish Eyes" cheat in The Sims 2?

The gurus said not to get overhyped about it. Be angry at the gamechangers for hyping it as much as they did.

Who said I was angry at the Guru's? They never over hyped anything.
    2UFyFUV.png

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Real babies
    First person camera?!

Not sure how that's "game changing" at all but ok. Improved babies would have been better.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    CAW
    I think it looks like EXACTLY what the gurus said "small but fun". I'm going to enjoy looking at my builds from the sims perspective.

Hopefully the game changers learn from how the community responds to hype 🙄. We'll hear whinging about this for AGES!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Attraction system
    teajaylove wrote: »
    I am not disappointed at all. I can't wait to play with it!

Do you play a lot of rpgs? Simmers really don't care about MMORPG features at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Without intending to offend anyone, but 1 game changer called it "mind blowing" and perhaps for him it was. That's his right. And yes, ONE guru spent time working on this for a bit just for laughs instead of doing "the things we want", but I'm actually happy to know some gurus like their job and colleagues enough to do a little more than is necessary, to play around with stuff, to just have fun at work. Because although you may think this is stupid, it's usually when we deviate a little that we come up with some really good stuff.

Idk, I enjoyed seeing them have fun, because it's still a job, after all. And it'd suck if you could never have a laugh. They didn't take any serious resources "away" from other teams just to make this feature. It was one person. Having fun. And sharing the results with us instead of keeping it to themselves, which is what they could've decided to do as well. At least this way, his fun made some people happy. What's the harm in that, especially if we were specifically told not to get hyped. Maybe sometimes, we should learn to relax a little.

Again, no offence.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    First person just makes the game's graphics look really bad. All those clipping objects and flat textures :s

I agree. I love first person mode but in games with stunning environments on a 4K screen. This...urgggh.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    CAW
    vikixc wrote: »
    I feel lied to. This isn't a game changer and as for "this hasn't been done before", anyone remember the "Fish Eyes" cheat in The Sims 2?

The gurus said not to get overhyped about it. Be angry at the gamechangers for hyping it as much as they did.

Although I'm not angry about this, it's true that it wasn't the gurus, but some gamechangers who got us hyped lol.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Disappointment!

What is it?

first person camera mode by pressing shift+tab

:/ Isn't this one of the least requested features ever? Maybe three people in the whole world wanted it. Geez, what a hyped up trip from game changers. :s

yeah a disappointment for me as well. i wont use it especially due to motion sickness, but good for the simmers who wanted it.

But there are over a million other people wanting something other than 1st person view more than one or two game changers.

yes, i haven't stated otherwise.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    CAW
    I think it looks like EXACTLY what the gurus said "small but fun". I'm going to enjoy looking at my builds from the sims perspective.

Hopefully the game changers learn from how the community responds to hype 🙄. We'll hear whinging about this for AGES!

Yes, they need to understand not to use terms like 'game changer' unless it's something many in the community have been asking for.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Without intending to offend anyone, but 1 game changer called it "mind blowing" and perhaps for him it was. That's his right. And yes, ONE guru spent time working on this for a bit just for laughs instead of doing "the things we want", but I'm actually happy to know some gurus like their job and colleagues enough to do a little more than is necessary, to play around with stuff, to just have fun at work. Because although you may think this is stupid, it's usually when we deviate a little that we come up with some really good stuff.

Idk, I enjoyed seeing them have fun, because it's still a job, after all. And it'd suck if you could never have a laugh. They didn't take any serious resources "away" from other teams just to make this feature. It was one person. Having fun. And sharing the results with us instead of keeping it to themselves, which is what they could've decided to do as well. At least this way, his fun made some people happy. What's the harm in that, especially if we were specifically told not to get hyped. Maybe sometimes, we should learn to relax a little.

Again, no offence.

Right with you, I'm happy for them if they have good time. But some influencers hyped us, it's the reason why I'm angry.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member

Do you play a lot of rpgs? Simmers really don't care about MMORPG features at all.

Simmers do care about those features, as I am one. I've been playing since The Sims. I actually don't even like most first person games, but I like the aspect of being able to "play" as your sim.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    CAW

Again, no offence.

nope, it was at the very least, 3 gamechangers lol

Again, no offence.

Right with you, I'm happy for them if they have good time. But some influencers hyped us, it's the reason why I'm angry.

Here's the catch - maybe those game changers were really hyped about it. I might care about this more too if I actually made videos, who knows. I just don't think they intended to overhype it, they just feel the way they do. And we might not feel the same.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies

Simmers do care about those features, as I am one. I've been playing since The Sims. I actually don't even like most first person games, but I like the aspect of being able to "play" as your sim.

You see to me that idea is creepy. I don't want to be my sim or kiss another sim in first person. I don't want to feel like I am a sim. I want to control them. I'm fine with it as long as it is optional but a whole game like that... I wonder how well it would sell.

Hope this doesn't sound mean because I don't mean it in a mean way.
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

You see to me that idea is creepy. I don't want to be my sim or kiss another sim in first person. I don't want to feel like I am a sim. I want to control them. I'm fine with it as long as it is optional but a whole game like that... I wonder how well it would sell.

It doesn't sound mean at all. I completely respect that opinion. To each their own. That's one reason I love this game, because I can play it however I want to, and others can too. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member

Again, no offence.

Are you really angry?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member

Again, no offence.

Are you really angry?

yeah there a 20-something page thread over on Feedback section where they could have a million ideas and not ONE idea was "first-person camera":
    6adMCGP.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Again, no offence.

Are you really angry?

yeah there a 20-something page thread over on Feedback section where they could have a million ideas and not ONE idea was "first-person camera":

And none of those ideas would probably come in a free patch.
    Attraction system

But was this a game changer request or those over on twitter? Because I know many people here who have been stating for years they can't play 1st person games for many reasons and not something they wanted in The Sims series. For those very reasons. Time, talent and money went for this, even if it was one talented developer. If you go back and search for this request four years ago, it didn't get a lot responses other than those who said they didn't want it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Attraction system
    06Bon06 wrote: »

As I said before TS4 is more like the Avatar game rather than a Sims' game.

But was this a game changer request or those over on twitter? Because I know many people here who have been stating for years they can't play 1st person games for many reasons and not something they wanted in The Sims series. For those very reasons. Time, talent and money went for this, even if it was one talented developer. If you go back and search for this request four years ago, it didn't get a lot responses other than those who said they didn't want it.

It wasn't a request at all. One guru just did it for fun, that's all there is to it.
    edited November 2018
    Attraction system

It wasn't a request at all. One guru just did it for fun, that's all there is to it.

I don't know, the game changer said he had been wanting this forever. ETA: And if it's just for fun, then will that team who makes the free content be adding anything this month? or did they help fix this up to add to game?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Attraction system

I don't know, the game changer said he had been wanting this forever. ETA: And if it's just for fun, then will that team who makes the free content be adding anything this month? or did they help fix this up to add to game?

So it's something that one game changer has been wanting to see... so?

And they probably did do other stuff besides the first person camera. We don't need to know what every single guru did for each patch or game, do we?
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Okay so it's free, it's stupid and nobody wanted it but it's free. However, it upsets me they spend time doing stuff like that with all the stuff that still needs fixed. And, hey, why not create something people want...seems simple enough. First person for sims is absolutely ridiculous. The whole point of playing sims is to live life through them, as a simulation of life. First person gets rid of the sim and it's just you now. Hate it beyond belief.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I don't get it. Is this a big problem, a middle-sized problem or a small problem?
    You are just angry because it isn't CAW or re-done Babies.
    It is just a new camera mode like the free camera used for screenshots. the way they described it, it doesn't sound like more than 3 people worked more than two days on it. Even a Stuff Pack takes multiple months for an entire team which has perhaps dozens of people involved.
    two EPs in one year is a big deal for them.
    Making Objects bigger was originally also such a joke that ended up as an official feature. And that might be just be switched numbers for the scale. And Builders found uses for it.
    It's small, it can be fun, but if you set your expectations to "All my dreams will come true now", you will be disappointed no matter what.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Real babies
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is this a big problem, a middle-sized problem or a small problem?
    You are just angry because it isn't CAW or re-done Babies.
    It is just a new camera mode like the free camera used for screenshots. the way they described it, it doesn't sound like more than 3 people worked more than two days on it. Even a Stuff Pack takes multiple months for an entire team which has perhaps dozens of people involved.
    two EPs in one year is a big deal for them.
    Making Objects bigger was originally also such a joke that ended up as an official feature. And that might be just be switched numbers for the scale. And Builders found uses for it.
    It's small, it can be fun, but if you set your expectations to "All my dreams will come true now", you will be disappointed no matter what.
    Yeah, some people are treating this feature like a personal insult, which is a strange attitude to have about a video game.