Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me?

Okay, I am going to sound really stupid saying this... but I am not computer tech with computers so I thought I would ask on the forums. Next year, we are getting a extension for the house so the computer is going to have to be moved as they will be knocking down walls and etc. I won't be on the forums due to this and my Sims. Will the save files stayed on the computer? I am not going to uninstall the game or origin or anything. Will the screenshots stay as well?

4Wv5dIG.jpg

Comments

• xiaoisxiaois Posts: 141 Member
    Yes if you are only physically moving the computer to a new location, unplugging it to do so will not mess with any of the files already on the computer so your saves and screenies will be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Your saves and screenshots, and any installed content, all reside in your TS3 game folder in Documents. This has nothing to do with an internet connection unless you've stored your files on OneDrive, which would be inaccessible while you don't have a connection. But otherwise, as long as your hard drive is intact, these files will be as well. If you're going to be moving your computer around, though, you might want to create a backup or two of your game folder, just in case. You could certainly copy the entire onto a thumb drive or external drive, as many of us do. You could also upload a couple of save folders to a cloud account, like Mediafire, if you're going to reconnect your computer in the future. More backups can't hurt. and renovations are chaotic enough without worrying about your data.

If you're curious about which files you might want to protect, Crinrict wrote a guide to all the files in your game folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    IllyDior wrote: »
    Yes if you are only physically moving the computer to a new location, unplugging it to do so will not mess with any of the files already on the computer so your saves and screenies will be safe.

Thank you for this! I thought it would be okay, but I just want to make sure
    4Wv5dIG.jpg