Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    *waves* Hi! I'm going to check in right now as I start my 40 hour work week tomorrow night (working overnight, filling online orders). Gotta love having a retail job and it being the week of Thanksgiving! :D [insert reference to it being the most wonderful time of the year here]

I'm working hard for my buddy... I'm experimenting with somethings that I've never done before... not sure if it'll work out as I hope it will but we'll see!
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Hey guys, I came for the check in, but I wanted to let you know that I'm currently having problems with my internet service, haven't had internet since a couple of days now (I'm using my mobile data right know) hopefully I'll get it fixed this week.
    My gifts are coming along slowly but fine so far ;)
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Thank you all for the warm fuzzy feelings about my Lucky! He was named Lucky because when I brought him home at the time I was living with my not to be discussed soon to be ex-husband. My husband told me and the kids, 'He is Lucky he didn't get hit in the parking lot and he is extra Lucky "I love you enough to let you keep him" .... No need to mention anything about that statement ... I know. But, my point is, my daughter and I were like he is indeed Lucky - so Lucky he be! ;)

He is a camera ham and the most lovable cat I have ever owned! He starts purring the second you reach for him! He is not a fighter but he doesn't back down or run from my mother's dog Emma either and he loves to hunt. He just recently dropped a dead mouse in my lap - I was like Wooo, gross my mom shushed me and said it is an honor not gross he is giving it to you as a gift. So I went and googled "my cat brought me a dead mouse" and it turns out he was most likely trying to feed me and show me his skills. Can you say Ewww and Ahhh all at once! One day I am going to try to make a Sim version of him but I am really bad at making "look-a-like" anything!

*sprinkles a little inspirational cheer*

christmas-decor-Highland-Holiday.jpg

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited November 2018
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Ziristha wrote: »
    Hey guys, I came for the check in, but I wanted to let you know that I'm currently having problems with my internet service, haven't had internet since a couple of days now (I'm using my mobile data right know) hopefully I'll get it fixed this week.
    My gifts are coming along slowly but fine so far ;)

**fingers crossed**
    Hopefully your internet service issues get resolved soon!
    Keep us updated in case a "plan b" needs to be sorted out.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Second gift is done. :smiley: So, I'm well on schedule, I think. I hope everyone else is having as much fun with their projects.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Checking in! Haven't gotten much done yet, but planning to spend some quality time in game over the weekend, after we get home from Thanksgiving with my mom! And I have a few ideas I'm really looking forward to playing around with!

Loving the pets and holiday decor conversations, lol...we've been pretty lucky so far! Our biggest tree related problem is keeping the furbabies from drinking all the tree water. But we solved that a couple of years ago with a tree collar instead of a tree skirt. So now there's a lovely wicker wall between pet noses and water! Did have the tree knocked over once, and some incidences where balls/catnip mice somehow ended up *in* the tree, and then pets got into mischief attempting to fetch them back out, but that's about it. And now that the dog is a few years out of his puppy chewing everything stage, we don't really have to worry about anything being chewed. But we still have the unbreakable "glass" ornaments only, and no actual glass balls. Better safe than sorry! :lol:
    All Buddies have checked in.
    The next and final check-in is Tuesday, December 4th.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Mystik1978 : Yes, a dead mouse is a gift, and he's giving it to you for precisely those reasons: To show you what a good provider he is, so you will keep him, and because he loves you. My own cats bring us their toys all the time, since we don't have any mice in the house. (And my ragamuffin wouldn't be a good mouser anyway; she's too easy-going and would probably try to befriend the mouse.)

I don't know if you've ever read any of the Joe Grey books. He's a cat who talks and is as intelligent as a human (smarter than most), and solves crimes along with his also-talking cat girlfriend. In one of the books, his "owner" (friend) Clyde asked Joe to stay with another friend (who didn't know he could talk) to watch out for her, since it appeared someone was trying to kill her. While he was there, Clyde told Joe that he needed to earn his keep, so Joe killed every mouse in the place... and lined them up all nice and neatly on her front doormat. It sort of freaked the woman out. :) In a later book the woman married Clyde and learned the truth about Joe, but at that point she was just freaked about how he had perfectly lined the mice up that way. And then sat there and looked up at her rather expectantly.

When a cat brings you a dead (or even live!) mouse or toy, you need to praise them and tell them they're a good kitty. Even if you're completely grossed out by the dead (or live) mouse. :)

Edit: Why don't you consider asking for a Sim version of him on the DNA thread? I've seen some really good pet recreations made by them!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Yeah, after my mom shushed me I changed my tone and told him what a good boy he was. I live in the mountains of West Virgina on my mother's land (since the shall not be named stuff with my soon to be ex-husband) it is pretty land. She has a little over 2 1/2 acres - On top of that the land boarding us is a Rancher Style farm house complete with cows, chickens and more .... They Even Have a Llama! Needless to say with all the animals and open land we tend to get field mice in the winter.

Here is a pic I just took, about 2 weeks ago, of my mom's land.

45469967_2232497490095828_1290246877668704256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=2494813c14c63d2596d6cd8b53e1e4a9&oe=5CAF8339
    It's very pretty. I've often considered West Virginia to be the prettiest state. I particularly love the autumn view with all those leaves changing color!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Hope this thanksgiving everyone can stay warm and indoors, like my cat, hunter, he knows how to stay warm! :lol:
    2rzuyi0.jpg
    but if you have to go out in the cold make sure to bundle up, as sometimes you just have to go out in the cold. Like I did when my cat, poodle, insisted on going outside...and boy was it cold!
    708eg6.jpg
    Poodle is adorable! And it does look like Hunter knows how to stay warm!
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @ADWilson Internet it's back!
    I checked my cables and connections and everything seemed fine, so I called my internet provider today and after I told them the issues we were having they told me it was most likely a problem on their end and if it was something else a tech guy would contact me, after some hours my service is finally back to normal :smile:
    I want to apologize by the way, for the briefness of my last post, I was concerned about running out of data and then not being able to check in nor explain the situation :confounded:
    So no need for a "plan b" :smile:

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    Ziristha wrote: »
    @ADWilson Internet it's back!
    I checked my cables and connections and everything seemed fine, so I called my internet provider today and after I told them the issues we were having they told me it was most likely a problem on their end and if it was something else a tech guy would contact me, after some hours my service is finally back to normal :smile:
    I want to apologize by the way, for the briefness of my last post, I was concerned about running out of data and then not being able to check in nor explain the situation :confounded:
    So no need for a "plan b" :smile:

Hooray! Glad your internet is working again. :)
    No need to apologize. I remember having to use the phone (and its data) when our internet was out & kept things to a minimum as well.
    For those who celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving!
    For those who don't, Happy Thursday!

Made pumpkin pie last night so there is one less thing to do today. Am roasting a turkey for the first time ... have helped other family members with theirs over the years but this year it's on the three of us to make it happen. This will be fun!!
    I hope your roast turkey turns out well.
    ciane wrote: »
    I hope your roast turkey turns out well.

It did, thank you. :smiley:
    We have an absolutely gorgeous day today. This morning's cloudy skies are now a pretty blue with just a few white clouds! I hope our day is gorgeous where you are and that you are having fun creating special gifts!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    HI EVERYONE!!! *waves to all*

First... I would like to give a big hug to those of you who are going to miss me in this exchange. @Addy KNOWS how much I love to be a part of them.

Second... The BIG MOVE happens in a few weeks!!! :# I am SOOOOO ready to move out of the house. I have been talking with a few friends on facebook, and we all agree that while leaving your childhood home (that I inherited) IS a good thing, it's the memories that have piled up that I am really going to miss. And since I have been packing up all of my late mother's stuff (( I took them all to a thrift store )), I have been talking (a lot) to both her and my late dad, and just letting them know that while I hate to leave the house, I can't do the stuff that has to be done anymore. (( i'm pretty sure they understand ))

OK. Enough of all that …..

@ADDY!! You've got some new people to come on board this time!! WELCOME!!! I see @BreeMiles.... heyyyyy!! WOW. For all the years I have known you now, this IS a first!!! You'll do fine, Bree. Your builds are A-MA-ZING. <3

I will have to pop back in AFTER I am all done moving, to see all the wonderful gifts. Which might be AFTER the New Year.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE and a Very (early) Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Tried to come by earlier to double check how many days we have to gift, and of course, that's just when the forum went down. I was thinking of something additional to make and realized I already have, um, plenty. :o:D

Waving back @MsPrissy88 just in case you make it back here sometime soon. Still hoping moving goes well and an early Merry Christmas back at ya.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Hi! just popping in, my gifts are coming along nicely, actually there all done been done for awhile just need to name one lot decided i didn't like the name I choose lol...but gifts are done and pictures are taken just waiting for gifting :)

@ADWilson is it too early to check-in?
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I may have missed a check-in, but I'm here to say my super secret stuff is still going on! :)<3
    edited December 2018
    Sure! Checking In early is fine :)

December 4th Check-In:
    BreeMiles (nope, you didn't miss any)
    ciane
    cmbaker16
    suzses
    Ziristha
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Mine too are done and pictures taken and waiting in my launcher, though I still have an idea or two. So... maybe something will change yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top