Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2018
    I *was* taking pictures and uploading some things to the launcher, but there's too much time yet for me to keep my hands off. I tend to wake up with some idea of something to tweak, so a lot of that was a waste of time. :D Mostly in a holding pattern here, except for the roof idea I had this morning that I need to go try out . . .
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Hi! I came to check in early!
    Sadly I'm still having issues with my internet, turns out when the service came back it wasn't fixed, it just came back on it's own and the next day it went bad again, a tech guy came and checked the outside cables, then went to the central and checked there and everything seemed fine, he said it was probably our device but we changed it and my service is still gone, it comes back for less than a minute and then it goes kaput for hours, there has been a couple of times when it has been on for like an hour or so, like right now but who knows when it's going to be gone again... sigh. This is so frustrating :confused:

Anyway, I'm surprised some of you already finished your gifts, I feel a little left behind, but I think I'll get them all ready this week, so I'll be on schedule :smile:
    As for my internet, I'll call my provider again on Monday (they work on weekdays only) and hopefully my service will be okay for real around next week, if not I have some backup plans to upload my gifts so even if my service doesn't come back by the gifting time I'll be able to gift accordingly :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    *waves hi*
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Sorry you are having such problems @Ziristha. Hopefully they'll solve the problem next week. Waves hi back at Mystik!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    **waves HI** to @Mystik1978 and everybody else.
    Send you a PM, @Ziristha. :)

Sounds like ALL Holiday Buddies have been busy!
    Take some building breaks so you don't get dizzy.

Time has flown and gifting time will soon be here
    Each gift will create BIG grins and make us cheer!
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Hi! Sorry I missed the deadline, but I can't wait to see your creations!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    TOMORROW, December 4th, is the final Check In before gifting begins.
    Who besides ME is getting excited???!!!
    Gifting Time: December 12 to 15

Checked In
    @Bookworm742
    @BreeMiles
    @ciane
    @cmbaker16
    @equuest
    @suzses
    @Ziristha

Needing to Check In:
    @Kesminlix

Dear Buddies,

Gifting Time is almost here. At this point, gifts should be done or in the final stages.
    If you're done ... SIMtastic!
    If you're not quite there ... that's okay, you have a little over a week to put finishing touches on your gift/s. Please do NOT wait until the last minute to finish because all Buddies must be gifted during Gifting Time.

If you need a bit of an extension or plan to gift on one of the later days (December 14 and/or 15) please send a PM and let me know.
    If you're having any issues (ex. game or internet) please send a PM and let me know.
    I need to know NOW if any Buddy will need of a while-you-wait gift. This gift does NOT serve as a replacement for what you're gifting, it's an additional gift.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I'm a bit slower on my gift because school has been crazy, but I sat down and worked on it for a few hours yesterday, and I made a lot of progress! <3 I can't wait to work on it some more :)
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Checking in! Been in game poking around with gifts today, and then I realized that I was missing some of my favorite builds for the world I was working in, and somehow fell down the exchange rabbit hole. Oops? But on the plus side, I have more pretty patterns for non-gifting purposes! :lol:
  • Options
    Thank you to those who have checked in.
    Still waiting to hear from one.

Reminder:
    Gifting Time is December 12 (when the thread is opened) until December 15 (midnight EST).

Looking forward to seeing what y'all have created!
  • Options
    One week until GIFTING TIME!!!
  • Options
    I've known I've seen this somewhere but how do you fix ceiling tiles that disappeared? I had a ceiling and it was working fine, but now its a gapping hole to the outside world :s
  • Options
    @equuest Sometimes it works to take it out and put it back in. Although sometimes it then just vanishes in another spot - not always though. I think I tend to have more problems in bigger, open areas where there aren't any/many interior walls which makes me think there may be some uneven elevations involved, although I don't really know that. For me, it really only matters for picture taking. The rest of the time, I'm not going to be seeing any ceilings anyway.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @equuest: When that's happened to me, I've always deleted the floor above, then replaced it. It's the only method that I've found works pretty consistently. Then you still have to redo the ceiling tiles, but at least then you won't have holes in it.

Often the holes are caused by placing certain things with MOO, or by using roof ornaments. In fact, roof ornaments seem to inevitably cause holes in the ceilings, and I've never found a consistent work around for that.

So even though I always like to have ceiling tiles because they often give the place some additional warmth and homeliness to it, I'm never completely married to having them. Sometimes you're going to have a few holes, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, sometimes putting in ceiling tiles gives you those hanging ceiling bits that you can't get rid of, because you get that obnoxious message that it's needed as a floor tile. So what can you do? It's Sims. :)
  • Options
    @suzes and @MiaSkywalker Thank you! I'll have to try that! It was working, and then it wasn't for some reason. And I already had furniture and everything placed as that was the first room I completed. Sometimes I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    If you touch the ceiling tile with MOO active, it will often mess up them up. You just have move the stuff on the floor tile above and redo the floor as Mia mentioned, deleting the floor above and replacing that first before doing the ceiling below. I usually MOO my stuff back into place and turn off MOO right away. Then check to make sure it sticks. Good luck @equuest!
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    *shakes her pom poms*

6 More Days Till The Fun Begins! I got my pom poms on and my mouse clicker ready to see all the fabulous gifts that I am sure will be posted!

TitansCheer2_0.jpg?itok=BjRM3tUW
  • Options
    Hooray ... Gifting Time is almost here!
    The creations are sure to spread good cheer!!

Until then (December 12th) ...
    No-Peeking-Until-Christmas-682x1024.jpg
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    YAY!!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!!! I can't wait, I'm so excited! My gifts have been sitting here all wrapped up, very prettily I might add, but I am bursting with excitement to share them with my buddy.
  • Options
    Me too! Am super excited in knowing that Gifting Time is only a day away!!
    Looking forward to seeing what each of you have been up to with your plotting & planning. I have an inkling on several gifts and they sound SIMTASTIC and perfect for their intended Buddy!!!
  • Options
    Me, too!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Oooh! We're almost there! I'm excited to see everyone's gifts this time around. :)
  • Options
    I'm super excited to see what everyone has been working on!
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    I am excited to see what you folks have made! And I hope I catch the next one in time to join!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top