Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Sorry for double posting but THANK YOU @BreeMiles for my awesome gifts! I absolutely love the family that you've created!
    And that cabin! <3 I am TOTALLY making me a simself and moving in RIGHT NOW! Thank you so much!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Kesminlix - I never would have thought to add a queue line like that! Kudos to you! I love that you color coded the bathrooms as well as I generally play with walls down and have been known to send sims in the wrong direction! I love that it's a hangout with all those activities! Really nice job!

On another note: Here's a pic I took on the placement of the dog park. I was just a little off (top to bottom) and I had to delete the lots and replace just a bit closer to the water. But it should help with your own placement.
    Screenshot-20-e1544904894833.jpg?w=450

Here's the placement as is:
    Screenshot-21-1-e1544904952217.jpg?w=450

I did eventually get it right, I think, and they enjoyed all the activities there.
    Screenshot-30-1.jpg?w=450

FYI: Franz has found lots of great stones, including a large space rock, but they are a long ways from buying Driftwood yet. AND, there is someone still living where I need to place Driftwood; so I'm waiting for the sim to die of old age before I bulldoze her lot and place the new one. :wink:
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Kesminlix The Trotter Lane Cafe is cute! Those fun colors make me think of a cupcake, lol The queue is a nice touch. Adding a few extra activities so there's more to do while sim wait for their food or for others to finish eating is a good idea. LOVE the pink patterned wallpaper ... never thought to use it that way before but I really like it so am "borrowing" that idea. Also love how this is designed to suit more than Moonlight Falls.
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Kesminlix I love how you said my present fell off Santa's Sleigh :D That made me laugh!

Anyway, I LOVE the bakery that you made for me! I have to agree with ADWilson that the pastel pink flowery wallpaper is excellent! I love how you added other activities for sims to do! The decorations are perfect. And the bright door is fun too! <3 Thank you so much.

I can't wait until I can play with it! It's great motivation to finish my homework :#
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @equuest I'm glad you love it! <3
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Kesminlix, I love your bakery!
    edited December 2018
    @Ziristha Thank you for the lovely comments! When I was building that I thought that I wanted to play in that world because I haven't yet! I think it would be fun to build more lots for that world!

@60smusicluvr thank you! I was thinking about making a showcase thread for sims 3 builds. I thought it was really fun to build again in sims 3 and I've missed it quite a bit. :) Although I wasn't active in the community, I did it more for myself.

Everyone's creations today are so beautiful! When I'm not missing some of the store content I'll have to put them in my game. <3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kesminlix Your bakery was worth the wait. I agree with everyone else that the queue is perfect (and I would have never thought of it). I like how you thought to include all those transportation preferences, and the extra things - the pet food, activities to maybe work off too much cobbler. ;) The fireplace sitting area is cozy and pretty.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr thank you! I was thinking about making a showcase thread for sims 3 builds. I thought it was really fun to build again in sims 3 and I've missed it quite a bit. :) Although I wasn't active in the community, I did it more for myself.

@equuest, definitely consider doing one! I'll be your first subscriber err bookmarker. smiles awkwardly with shifty eyes

@60smusicluvr Ok! It sounds like fun :D shifty eyes and all.
    Hello :)
    Hopefully all Buddies enjoyed themselves! This was a fun event.

I received word that a Buddy hopes to upload the rest of her gift soon. Looking forward to seeing it!
    There has also been a request to keep the thread open for a little bit so Buddies can share images of their gifts in action. LOVE this idea!!

If you wish to share images of your sims & pets enjoying their new homes and/or community lots then by all means, go ahead and share them.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    Sorry for double posting but THANK YOU @BreeMiles for my awesome gifts! I absolutely love the family that you've created!
    And that cabin! <3 I am TOTALLY making me a simself and moving in RIGHT NOW! Thank you so much!!

You are most welcome dear! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you! It was a lot of fun!
    More and more lovely creations everyone! Now to fix them all up in a world and enjoy the rest of this year and a New Year with your beautiful and wonderful creations! <3
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Hi everyone! I was sad that I missed out on sign-ups this time around, but it was still fun to lurk and get to see--and steal!--everyone's wonderful gifts! Thank you all for sharing your creations! And thank you especially, Addy, for continuing to run these joyous events! <3

May you all have very happy holidays and a great new year!
    edited December 2018
    My sims enjoying there gift from equuest

ybsd7abh
    y7jo7tte
    ybj49lwy
    y8mlylny

I hope you all are having as much fun with your gifts as I am! Happy Holidays to all of you also! <3
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
    @BreeMiles I'm happy that your sims are enjoying it! :)

Happy Holidays to everyone! <3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @cmbaker16 Belle and the unicorns are now all moved into their home in a new save of Moonlight Falls, with the new and improved festival grounds to go with it. I decided to do the new save so I can set the seasons super short and see everything the festival lot has to offer. While I wouldn't keep it there, I think I will also put in the other festival grounds somewhere in that world just so I can see it all.

I took a few pictures, before I got distracted by all the fun at the festival, particularly by watching a dance between the cow plant and a skinny sim. :D Pictures in the spoiler:
    When they first moved in, the unicorns decided to take up residence at the front of the house. Who can blame them since it's such a pretty area!

44542375590_ea29580d50_z.jpg

Belle went straight through the house to the hay stack to scatter some hay, and I showed the babies the way to the backyard. This looks just like the spot for unicorns.

31419851387_4b087ab30a_z.jpg

Once the babies had found their way to the stable area, I looked for Belle, who was . . . where else . . .

45636161734_97da42c763_z.jpg

As for me, I think I would have headed straight here for a quiet lunch. I love this little spot.

44542379570_1118fc15ba_z.jpg

A little later, she took the LLAMA to the festival grounds to take a look around. The first thing we saw was a skinny female sim taunting the cow plant, and I had to wonder . . . but nope. Thinking I should keep a close eye on anyone I send there. LOL (Never had a cow plant on a community lot like that, though, and don't know if I need to worry about sims becoming lunch?) It took Belle about a minute to head to the roller skating rink, where I discovered, she cheats. She was whizzing around that rink like a pro (without any apparent skates), while everyone else was stumbling around. :D

31419874307_07d5722a9e_z.jpg

Going back in game this evening to continue at the summer festival and then it will be on to the other festival and fall in a minute, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @suzes I love seeing you play with them it's nice to see what you'll do :) and yea genie's, fairies, and vampires all cheat the skating ring it takes the fun out of it a bit, I think.
    I got to play for two seconds today!

Visiting the Trotter Lane Cafe
    31435345777_d601b0d4b1_o.jpg

Caren baking a chocolate pie
    45462162925_eba76039f2_o.jpg

Our first customer (I should have expected this in Moonlight Falls) :D
    31435345437_ca6565dfb5_o.jpg

And Olivia Goth immediately jumped out of this dessert case and purchased our chocolate pie!
    45462162675_e3a92c2ec4_o.jpg
    Thanks to all who are sharing pictures of their gifts in action. :)
    This is a lot of fun!!!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry I sort of disappeared for a few days, wasn't feeling well at all, and finally (after tests, x-rays, and a CT scan, as well as my dr poking and prodding) I was diagnosed with costochondritis (which is basically inflammation of the cartilage of the lower ribs) All sorts of fun! Long story short, I spent pretty much all day Fri-Tues doped up on pain meds cause my side was hurting too much to move much.

@cmbaker16 I still have at least one, possibly 2 gifts I need to upload for you, I just haven't been at my computer to get that done! My mom came to visit for a couple of days to help me get caught up on my Christmas stuff (I have to mail a few packages to people, bake some cookies, and send out my Christmas cards...thankfully we finished up the last of my shopping for hubby today!) so I'm thinking I'll get that all done tomorrow evening, since it doesn't appear that the sims ever got installed on the laptop I'm currently hanging out with downstairs. So sorry for the unavoidable delay!

Now to go take a look at everything that was added while I was away!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @suzses Love the colors in Driftwood! Feels very bright and airy! I especially love that wall behind the pizza oven in the kitchen...never would have though to recolor it that way, and it looks great! I'm *really* going to need to boot up one of my tropical worlds to play in the near future! ...and now I'm noticing you have another gorgeous tropical lot in The Cliffside Bistro. Love the greens and natural wood, and love love love the greenhouse/RH glass roof piece combo. Gorgeous! Will probably stick to just the normal version, though...I'll definitely forget to redecorate and I'll end up with Christmas in all seasons otherwise! :lol:

@ciane Ooo, Victorian! Can never have enough of those! And more colors I love! Great family size, too, so I'm sure I'll be borrowing it for a few worlds! And an asylum challenge house? Oh boy! Those poor stressed out sims! But it looks great!

@ADWilson A cute little starter family for a cute little starter home! Love it! Starters are always super useful, and this is an adorable one!

@Ziristha Oooo, what a handsome family! (Too bad Matthew is taken, my sim gals will be jealous!) Love the outfits for all of them, too! And Lena is precious...those toddlers, too cute! They'll look perfect in the Goldioaks cabin! And you picked some of the traits I tend to enjoy most in my sims, too...that's handy! ;) (and yes, I'm gonna agree with @Mystik1978 that he does look like Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. But that totally works for me, cause I always did love his character best! Smart geeky guys are definitely my type, lol) TYVM! Can never have enough pretty neighbors! (also, I definitely might see if one of my sim heirs can sweet talk little Lena into adding her genes into the legacy a bit later on!)

@Kesminlix What an adorable bakery! And very versatile, it will fit into quite a few worlds easily! The green and pink tones work well for a bakery, and I really like the relaxing fireplace seating area. And it sounds like there will be plenty of ways for those sims to keep busy when they stop by, too!

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, @Bookworm742 - I'm sorry to hear that you haven't felt well at all. I do hope you are feeling much better now.
    Ouch! That does sounds painful. Hope you're feeling better now @Bookworm742
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Bookworm742 oh it's no problem! i am very patient so just focus on getting better, hope the pain goes away soon, and I've been busy baking myself so I know how time consuming that can be! Feel better soon!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top