Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Vampires

kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 2
I have a vampire sim that very quickly died by being inside her house, so I exited and started back where I last saved. I noticed her needs draining like crazy, I wondered if it was the windows so I deleted them and it seemed to have stopped. Is it normal for the light through windows to affect vampires?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2018
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I have a vampire sim that very quickly died by being inside her house, so I exited and started back where I last saved. I noticed her needs draining like crazy, I wondered if it was the windows so I deleted them and it seemed to have stopped. Is it normal for the light through windows to affect vampires?

Yes. In The Sims 2, vampires' needs quickly go down when they're outside or in windowed room during the daytime. Some ways to protect them is to send them to a windowless room or a coffin (don't worry, unless something happens they'll wake up at 7.00 PM). If your vampire has to go to work at the daytime, build a windowless garage and have them go to work by car every day. Set them as an owner of the car so the carpool doesn't come to take them to work.
    If vampire got some damage from the sun, try to raise the needs. Either use the aspiration reward or have them sleep, use the toilet, have fun, talk to somebody, eat (human food), and wash themselves. Remember, when all the needs are down to red, they'll die by sunlight.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have found that vampire needs drain is clock governed, not totally light governed. I had vamps in rooms with no windows still have their needs tank. Only really safe place 7Am - 7PM is the coffin. Another tool to get them to work safely is the 'maxmotives' cheat. That will buy enough time to get them to work.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Have found that vampire needs drain is clock governed, not totally light governed. I had vamps in rooms with no windows still have their needs tank. Only really safe place 7Am - 7PM is the coffin. Another tool to get them to work safely is the 'maxmotives' cheat. That will buy enough time to get them to work.

Unless you forgot to fill their motives up at night, they should be fine to get from the coffin to work and then from work to the coffin without any cheats provided their coffin isn't at the back of a large lot. Hunger if it gets low enough would be filled at work.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Thanks all for the comments. I realised their needs still decay even without windows so I've had to have her sleep from 7am until 7pm in the coffin, she automatically wakes up at 7 which is cool. :) I wish there was away to make them resistant.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
  • Options
    ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    In my game, I made Lilith Pleasant a vampire, because of the window issues she only left her (now windowless) bedroom to go to school.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Thanks for the cheat <3
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    If you enjoy playing with vampires, as I do, I recommend two mods. They are both available from Monique on Mod the Sims. One is the coffin caller, which automatically calls your sim to their coffin at 7 AM and keeps calling them until they go. If something gets in their way, instead of dropping it from the queue as it normally does, they will try again until they get there. The second is the Vamp daytime indoors hack. Makes it so that as long as they are indoors, their motives decay slowly.
    I also have vamp friendly careers I got from that site. They don't fulfill career LTWs, but they give your Sims a job to do.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top