Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 pets can't eat or poop!!

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't seem to find anything and I need help fixing this problem! My pets can't use their bowl or litterbox! I've tried deleting the items and buying new ones. I've also exited out, turned off the game, and started a new save. I dont know what else to do! I'm worried my pets will die. They are always sad. Please help! Lol

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There are a couple of things that come to mind. The first might be a routing issue. If something was placed using the move objects cheat, there could be something blocking, even if you don't see it. Have you moved the items to a different location? Is this a house that is included in the game, or a house you got from the gallery or built yourself? At the moment this is all I can think of, hopefully, someone else might have some other ideas.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There are a couple of things that come to mind. The first might be a routing issue. If something was placed using the move objects cheat, there could be something blocking, even if you don't see it. Have you moved the items to a different location? Is this a house that is included in the game, or a house you got from the gallery or built yourself? At the moment this is all I can think of, hopefully, someone else might have some other ideas.

Yes I moved everything around, and tried deleting the items. I'm having the issues in two houses right now. One I built, and the other was from the gallery.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Unfortunately, this didn't work I'm frustrated. I actually play sims on PC and console (I have issues lol). I've been playing on xbox past couple days just because this glitch bothers me so much. I'm even considering just buying a new sims 4 game for my PC.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Yes I moved everything around, and tried deleting the items. I'm having the issues in two houses right now. One I built, and the other was from the gallery.

Might already have been covered but looks as though the next step would be to try a "stock" house. Could be something about the one you built and the gallery one.

Sounds a bit "out there" but if the built-in house has issues with pets eating or using their litter boxes then something greater is afoot.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What happens when you call them to eat (click on food bowl and select "call (name of pet) to eat"? Does the action drop from the queue, or do the pets get a thought bubble that they can't get to the bowl?

Another option -- save your household to your Library, start a new save, place the house you're using as unfurnished then place the household with a pet bowl and see if the pets can get to it without any problems. If they can there may have been an issue with the furniture placement. If not it could mean the house is glitched and you'll need a new one. You could also try placing the household in one of the Maxis stock houses and see if you have issues with that house.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Did you train your pet to eat when called and to go outside? They do have to be trained in order to eventually do it themselves.

Make sure they can use doors to go outside and watch where you place their dishes. Not under shelves, or too close to anything - plus always call them to eat - watch and see what is stopping them. Don't use moo.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited November 2018
    So my issue wasnt getting my pet to go outside it was mainly cats and litter boxes. I ended up moving my families to new houses and now my pets eat and poop. I guess it was a house issue. Thank you everyone and sorry I took a while to reply.