Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Project Atlas

Comments

• Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Online sims games should stick to mobile. They don’t even care what the true fans want anymore, it’s beyond frustrating. I’ve spent almost half my life playing and loving these games. The effort is put into potential revenue, instead of a beautiful, timeless game.

Ugh.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    If they want to sims to be multiplayer why not make a separate game for that again, and make it better? I don’t want this ish forced on me :joy:
  • Options
    meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    no thanks
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Uh no thx.
    I rather play ts2 and ts4.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Still don't know what's going on here but the trolls are ready. And waiting.

All I know is that I have no trust in a company that says single player games are dead and tried to fight the idea that loot boxes are gambling. So whatever new thing they're trying to do I probably won't like. (I haven't read the original post. Don't want to. This is EA after all)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Didn't someone explain here, (to me) why the Frostbite engine wouldn't work for a game like The Sims? I think they did. lol I was corrected if I remember correctly that the Frostbite engine would have to have too many reworks and fixes (my language because I don't speak geek) and is better for MMORPGs and fighting, adventure type games. If they are going to focus on that engine and it wouldn't work for The Sims series then how does this make any of us feel good about a future Sim game using Frostbite. Hey, I don't know but a smart person told me Frostbite wouldn't be right for this series, and need way too many changes..so yeah, MMO is on it's way then right? :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    As much as I love people ( and I really do love people) - I love them not to be in my game or changing anything. I play games to relax and amuse myself - and do not want anyone doing anything in my game EVER. When I leave my game for the night i expect to see it just the way I left it - not see things messed with, added to or in anyway changed. I don't want people talking to me when I am gaming. I play the game to escape the real world and when I want to talk to people I go to forums to talk to them -

The minute they take any game and turn it into multiplayer - I never buy that game. Like I used to play Warcraft. I played all the early warcraft games for years and then they turned it into WOW. I never bought a WOW game - never will. Some of my family plays it - my own 3 sons and hubby - but not me. If I want to play Warcraft I play the old single player games I used to play - not any Multiplayer no matter who else I know is playing.

I tested all 4 versions of Sims online - the first one for Will Wright and could not even stand to stay in the testing of the first one for the two weeks they wanted us to test it - It was the only game I signed to test I quit the first day. I even tried each new so called improved version over the 8 years they tried to force feed us a Sims online down to the last version EA Land - they were horrible games. EA Land died 6 weeks after it started as everyone knows Sims games does not belong online. They need to stop trying to forcefeed God games as multi-player as we simmers by and large love playing by ourselves and doing all the creativity our selves. We don't want to share our game while we play. It is a personal thing. It's not a battle or any of the things that would even remotely welcome in other players. It's like having your home invaded by strangers and them coming in and changing up everything you did in your home - and invading your personal space.

IT'S JUST A BIG NO! MY Sims is MY space - I will never - ever share it!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Didn't we make it clear that most of us don't want other people in our game? I don't care what else you do, but I don't want to come back and someone has done something to my game that I don't want.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass on this.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Didn't we make it clear that most of us don't want other people in our game? I don't care what else you do, but I don't want to come back and someone has done something to my game that I don't want.

It seems if EA is going to build games where what ever is happening currently in real world would also influence a game, that means it would have to be played on a server and online, right? Or else, how would what is currently happening (whatever they meant) influence a game if you turned it off and came back to it and it's different? it would have to be played online. :s And if others can change or do something to another player's game that also means it would be a server world. It sure sounds like the next Sims' game would also be played that way on a server in an online world. This really bums me out. :|
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Didn't someone explain here, (to me) why the Frostbite engine wouldn't work for a game like The Sims? I think they did. lol I was corrected if I remember correctly that the Frostbite engine would have to have too many reworks and fixes (my language because I don't speak geek) and is better for MMORPGs and fighting, adventure type games. If they are going to focus on that engine and it wouldn't work for The Sims series then how does this make any of us feel good about a future Sim game using Frostbite. Hey, I don't know but a smart person told me Frostbite wouldn't be right for this series, and need way too many changes..so yeah, MMO is on it's way then right? :/

Frostbyte 1 and 2 wouldn't have worked for our kind of Sims game - but Frostbyte 3 could be adapted for any kind of game. The problem would be on the players end - having the equipment to run something made on Frostbyte 3. Of course if they were going the direction of online and the cloud which I don't want for my Sims that would virtually eliminate needing a super computer. But yeah Frostbyte 3 could very much handle any kind of game with the right software.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine).html

Now they actually have a Frostbite 3.5 (I believe it is finished - but not sure) that definitely could handle a sims game.

https://www.ea.com/frostbite
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    [quote="icmnfrsh;c-16807979"]Oh yay, more always-online stuff that people didn't ask for. As if the Olympus and Simcity debacles weren't enough.

If the next Sims game focuses heavily on other players making changes to my game, at least I'll know to save my money[/quote]

I agree. I don't personally want that. And I don't like the idea of my saves being saved onto the cloud. I want to be able to back them up on usb at the very least as I don't trust there won't be server issues where you won't be able to access your game for hours/days. I'm really not a fan of games that force online features onto you. It's ok of they are there and optional but I don't want to be forced into having to use them.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    This forced online stuff is too much for me.

EA wants total control? That's fine. However, the one thing that they can't control is my right index finger. That's the finger that I'll use to shut their whole mess down, just before I find something else to spend my money on.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited December 2018
    Not for me thank you.
    As has been said before, Sims time is ME time.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    They'll lose 90% of their players if they make Sims multiplayer
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    mika wrote: »
    They'll lose 90% of their players if they make Sims multiplayer

And sims player who own beefy computers won’t gonna play this game either, assuming that there will be only a few online players present on a world if this actually happens, and considering that a parge portion of their satisfaction relies on the community interaction and socialization via social media sites and fansites.

People are just gonna ignore the people who posts and talk about “The Sims Online” and would just stick with TS4 and previous games. Redditors would immediately downvote any posts that contains TSONLINE in reddit.

And aside from that, the sims wasn’t mainly designed for online multiplayer. Ughhh

I wish that Bethesda, Ubisoft, or Rockstar decided to make a new life simulation game either and maybe even call it “The Zibz”. SMH
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I’m all for online Sims, but it will ONLY work if they go the Minecraft route of single player and multiplayer servers that the PLAYER could create.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    YEAAAAHHHHHHHHH If this happens with the Sims game, I am done for real. I was around for Sims online and that was not fun. I also do not want anyone else in my Sims world or messing with the stories I have created for my Sims. Even if they add a multiplayer option, I am done. They will have to split development time between multiplayer and single player and it has not worked out well for them so far.

We are already seeing the byproduct of adding consoles to the mix with how Del Sol Valley was handled for "performance" reasons.
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    The Sims franchise will never see another dime of my money if they go this direction. We've told them COUNTLESS times that the majority of us do NOT want an always online, multi-player game. Sims Social was a proof that it does not work. I do not want other people jacking around with my households or my worlds.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Can see myself being that attractive looking female sim just to marry another player just because they have a big mansion hoping I murder them in some way #MyLifeTimeRewardAsAGoldDiggerHasBeenCompleted
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Bethesda has joined the online of things by making their newest Fallout game online only with no single player at all.

I am now done with them too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Can see myself being that attractive looking female sim just to marry another player just because they have a big mansion hoping I murder them in some way #MyLifeTimeRewardAsAGoldDiggerHasBeenCompleted

See, this is why I don't want to play with y'all. :joy:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options

Even in online games where you cannot totally kill another player as they respawn there is also the bad side where the player that killed your player can take all your sims hard earned loot and riches - so you can't really die - but you are left starting over with no funds over and over. I read on a lot of online sites that they now do this so players can forever respawn - but having to start over from scratch and with no funds at all could really stink in the Sims especially.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The Sims franchise will never see another dime of my money if they go this direction. We've told them COUNTLESS times that the majority of us do NOT want an always online, multi-player game. Sims Social was a proof that it does not work. I do not want other people jacking around with my households or my worlds.

Households - in Sims online which had 3 versions and EA Land - you had 1 household with 1 sim - you had to earn only up to 3 roommates, no kids - just adults, and everything you got cost real money and leveling up the sims skills. The thing that was worse was hackers could steal your stuff and EA did not ever do a thing about it. It would happen again - because there are many countries(like Malaysia) that our laws do not protect us from their laws that allow them to do these things. They are hackers - need I say more. Believe me they are ruthless -

The online version make you use their everything. No mods, no CC outside of a few decor item that had to meet EA approval - and definitely nothing like the kind of things we see in our present day gallery. The worlds and every thing is their control. We cannot change any of their lots as it must look the same for everyone.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Even in online games where you cannot totally kill another player as they respawn there is also the bad side where the player that killed your player can take all your sims hard earned loot and riches - so you can't really die - but you are left starting over with no funds over and over. I read on a lot of online sites that they now do this so players can forever respawn - but having to start over from scratch and with no funds at all could really stink in the Sims especially.

I'd rather just play alone. I can see the perks in online gaming for competition games, even if I personally prefer to play alone, but there's no true end goal in The Sims. I can't see many perks to this game being online. The Sims works better with everyone purchasing their own sandbox to play in as they desire, not everyone paying to play in a gigantic sandbox together.
    KqGXVAC.jpg