Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mother of All CC Installations! OVER 20 GB - Yikes!!! (My 1st Thread)

You heard it right folks. And um... Please bear with me as this is literally my first thread EVER. I'm really not even sure if I'm posting to the right category. =[

CC is life as many of us often say. And there are so many glorious creations that I simply cannot live without. Even so, I am now wary of the Launcher which has decimated so many of my games in the past and resorted to manual installation only. As such, I've got just 3 lines fairly complex (at least for me) lines of inquiry:

1) Manually extracting a .Sims3Pack lot often contains more than just the lot itself. For example, instead of getting only LittleHouse.package from LittleHouse.Sims3Pack, you could get dozens or even hundreds of .package files of CC with indecipherable names like 0x081cdf98d2673fb745c35229464b269c. In fact, there might not even BE a LittleHouse.package in the resulting extraction at all. Can these CC objects extracted as obscurely-named .package files from .Sims3Pack lots be placed in the Library directory? Or is this directory for lots only?

2) A few big .package files works a heckuva a lot better than many small ones. Can .package files in the Library directory be merged into larger, more compact .package files?

3) My sim bin is likewise full of hundreds of files. Can .sim files in the Saved Sims be merged into .package files like objects in the Mods folder or do they have to remain separate? And can the CC .package files be extracted there to merge with the .sims files into larger .package files?

Any input is DEEPLY appreciated!

Peace, love and prayers always,
hazel

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    1 - The Library directory is for lots and households. Not CC or other forms of content. Each cryptically named file in Library should correspond to one lot or one household. I believe that the other content gets installed into DCCache by the Launcher. If you are dissecting the sims3packs into packages, then seems to me that the packages that can be identified as content and not the lots or households themselves can be merged like any other and placed into Mods\Packages. Hopefully others will correct me if I've got that wrong, I never dissect sims3pack lots except to peek inside to see what I'm getting.

2 - No. But Library files do not load into RAM when the game loads like other forms of content do and do not affect game performance. The Library is only read/written to during gameplay from within Edit Town.

3 - My sense is that the SavedSims folder with the .sim files that show up in CAS as templates for creating actual sims out of them is more delicate and prone to breakage than other aspects of the game. And they must remain separate. But as with the Library folder and Edit Town, these files are only accessed while in CAS and using the saved sim feature, not during loadup or any other form of gameplay.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net