Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can absent minded sims forget they're scuba diving...?

Apparently I'm a masochist and love to play on the buggy mess that is Isla Paradiso. It's a very pretty world to me, but everything about island paradise is just super buggy. I have a Scuba Diving sim, but one of his traits is 'Absent Minded.' Can sims with that trait forget that they're diving mid-action and just... resurface? Or is it a glitch? I know the cave issue I'm fixing currently is just a glitch with the pack and world itself, but is it just his traits making him annoying? lol

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    As to your original question, I have no idea, but of course you can't rule out the usual IP glitches as the cause of the resurfacing. You might want to check out @ciane's fixed-up version of IP though. You could either download the ready-to-play save she's uploaded, or do the editing in your existing world; she listed all the fixes necessary to make IP playable.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Does it happen often with that sim? Have you had it happen with any other sim? I think it happened once or twice with one of my sims, and they were not absent minded. I don't have sims scuba diving very often. My current sim is only the second one I've ever had to the scuba diving career, and she has moved on to a different town and different career now, once she mastered scuba diving, collected all of the underwater sea life, and made the skill challenges.

Is the cave issue you're referring to the one where as soon as they approach it to explore it, they get reset and end up somewhere on land? I now use NRaas Debug Enabler to reset the caves every time before I assign my sims to enter them, and I don't have any trouble with it anymore.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Sometimes sims just want to go up to the surface. I've had it happen occasionally but rarely have an absent minded sim. I tend to just wait until they can dive again and then tell them to do so and they are usually all good by that time and stay diving.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Wow, it's been annoying. Is there any reason sims will just... resurface by themselves? It seems like everybody else does at the same time, and there's no moodlets from sharks being around. I queue up actions, then sometimes my sim just resurfaces in the middle of them (Yes, it is the one with the absent-minded trait but I think it's happened to other sims without it) I've also noticed my mermaid tails aren't working, could it be when they spawn it messes up something?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've done a tutorial to show you how to fix the mermaid tails. I use Master Controller mod to do the fix. This allows you to give your Isla Paradiso mermaids (Salty, Maya, Mia, Triton) tails with the original colours. Or, if you don't use mods, you could just age them up and back down again and accept the defalut pale blue for males and purple for femal tail colours - you can change it in most mirrors for mermaids you control. If you use the mod and follow my instructions in the video you can fix them all.

https://youtu.be/0fOyiUBcRv4
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The mermaids in my game have never had tails at all.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The mermaids in my game have never had tails at all.

@IreneSwift That's why you gotta check out @Karritz video. ;) ^^^
    Cause I had the same problem and after doing what she said, poof! I had real mermaids and got so excited being able to watch them swim like real mermaids! :mrgreen:
    (If mermaids were real that is. :lol: )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg