Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Get Famous?

1235...Next

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is not a EP that looks like it will add significant gameplay value to my game. I may wait until it goes on sale, but refuse to pay more than about $10 for it.

@NorthDakotaGamer, where have you gotten expansion packs for $10? I do the occasional giveaway and am always looking for sales. Been scouring the internet looking for release day sales for Get Famous. :)

I don't usually. I said this EP would wait until it is at that price point (or even lower as I do not even see it worth that). I wait until any DLC is priced what I believe it is worth before purchasing. I got the other EP for as low as $15, and that was what I felt the content was worth.

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen the expansion packs for as low as $15. Guess I'm not looking in the right places. :p

Usually the content has to be out for 2 or more years first. I got the base game for only $30.
  • samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    No pre-order this time
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'm getting it just because of the costumes. Now I can really roleplay with time travel. :)
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    waiting for lgr
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'll buy it on sale, cuz the tiny world doesn't justify the full price.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • simmysimsim123simmysimsim123 Posts: 43 Member
    I plan to :) I'm excited for it
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've already pre-ordered it, but it was at a discount price at the website I usually buy PC games from. 10%, though, but still worth it. I wasn't blown away by the content, but I've got a feeling I'm going to enjoy it nonethelss. Only a few more days to go! Happy Simming, everyone!
  • BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    I pre ordered, I am a collector and like to have all of the games, sims is a long time favorite hobby of mine so its always worth it to me.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Nope! Another game releasing on the 16 got my preorder. Get Famous just does not look like something I need for that price. Maybe when it goes on sale at Target.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I'm waiting till it's half price. I don't think it's worth the full price due to its small world size, lack of features, & the fact that I'm not that interested in celebrity gameplay. It's an ok gamepack, but I can wait a year or 2 before I purchase it.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes. But Im going to try and hold out for a sale. I really can't do $40, and Im still not happy with the tiny world we received. A celebrity system is right up my alley, but I can't do the price at all.
  • MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    Most likely the same as I did for Cats and Dogs, wait for it to be on sale. I don't think I'll play the acting career more than once, so I'm more interested in the build/buy items, and I might as well wait for a lower price if objects are going to be my main reason for buying.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I'll get it during a sale period, probably...I'm very interested in the idea of it, as I liked Superstar, but I'll wait for LGR's youtube review and the initial debugging.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2018
    Already bought it. really looking forward to it.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've decided I would love it this week, but there's no way I am paying $54 for it. Hopefully EB Games or Amazon has it cheaper.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes! I did the Pre-Order last night between 1 to 1:30 am, I am just waiting to finally be able to download the content, do I have to wait for the 16th or will I be able to download it earlier?, I am in the US not sure if that matters or not though., I checked it earlier but nothing yet to be able to download it, :(
    Update> I also can not wait to move in My Celebrities that I made all by Myself, so Excited, :)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I preordered it back in September :love:
    giphy_1.gif
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    I might. I'm that type of person that would be like eh idk but get it anyway because it makes the collection complete.....
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am but I'm waiting for a sale because I'm not sure it's worth £35. I live in the UK so I'm guessing there won't be a sale for us until Christmas.

*EDIT* I've changed my mind and am going to buy it from Origin today. I'm so weak.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I have a Rags to Riches challenge I want to complete before picking up another exp. and if I like what I see in reviews/play throughs I may pick it up later.
  • HalvareshHalvaresh Posts: 22 Member
    I'd buy it if it was half the price.
    This is too much of a money grab. The costumes are so-so, the facial scars will never be touched, there are only a couple of BB items that look decent & only 1 career. No thanks.
    I've also never liked the celebrity system either, especially now as our celebs have become one spoiled, hateful mob that looks down on the regular folk, so I don't even know why EA decided to make a pack that glorifies them.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    After seeing some of the reviews of the build/buy items, I'm leaning more toward getting it. I hate the very OTT furniture, but like the mid-century modern/70s inspired stuff and the set pieces are really cool. Still waiting for a sale though. Unless I get it with a giveaway.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Not unless there's a great sale, the update quagmire has turned me off to getting any new packs for this thing. Especially since my game is currently running fine.

I'm beginning to think we are being trolled on a grand scale.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    I like seeing my library full, I was the same with TS3, even with packs I didn't actually like, just had to have the option available on the off-chance I ever wanted to use it.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.