Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Get Famous?

Comments

• djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    So the first 'are you buying' appeared after the embargo lifted. Now that we've had an overview of the acting career presented at yesterday's stream I thought it'd be interesting to see how a new thread compares to the responses in that one.

YES: This includes, per-orders, day one purchases, and those waiting for a sale.
    NO: Self-explanatory
    MAYBE: Those waiting for more information. Live-streams, player reviews, LGR

Yes I have it preordered.

^^^ Ditto this. Since the first day the announcement dropped. Not sure if I will actually like it, but I do want to explore the whole acting career, I am happy to have any new activities to do, and of course the world. (Slight disappointment, but I'm not certain my sims will be living there anyhow).
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Let me just be honest. I don't know much about this EP. I haven't played the game in months. But yes, I will almost definitely get this because I'm willing to admit that 1) I'm always curious and 2) I'm a sucker for anything Sims lol.

^^^ Right, barring anything supernatural, I'm all in. :)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm getting it even though I'm not really interested in celebrities. I'm not interested in Vampires either, but still managed to make that pack worthwhile. I may start a single sim save for the acting career, but probably won't do much with my current rotational save except move some families to the new neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Update: I preordered today after three failed attempts to preorder before!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I think I'm going to wait for a sale. Like others have said, there's a lot taking up my time lately that I can't spare for Sims. School is the main culprit, but if I'm being honest there are other games I'll purchase before Get Famous — Super Smash, Don't Starve: Hamlet. I'm in a simming stump, so I don't want to spend money on it rn.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I'm getting it even though I'm not really interested in celebrities. I'm not interested in Vampires either, but still managed to make that pack worthwhile. I may start a single sim save for the acting career, but probably won't do much with my current rotational save except move some families to the new neighborhood.

I'm not interested in celebrities per se, but I am interested in how the new Fame and Reputation mechanics interact with my game play. I haven't played the Entertainer career since fairly early on -- it could be both more interesting and more challenging with Fame being available now. One of my current teens maxed out Piano skill as a child, so is now working on guitar and continuing to work on karaoke skills. He's going to be an entertainer in the musician branch and also write and license songs. Eventually he'll go into music production as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm buying it, but will I play it on Release Day? I'm currently trying to finish Lego DC Super Villains on the PS4.

I got the platinum for LEGO DC Super-Villains last night. I'm playing the night this EP is released.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    If its half off or better..... Sure. But the current price, no.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I will be for the new career and the twists it can add to my gameplay. It’s my Christmas present to myself 😂
  • MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    I don't know what do do. I really don't care about celebrities and stuff like that but i love that new LA world.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    i'm going to buy it eventually, once it goes on sale. the next pack im buying is get together.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    jennihope wrote: »
    i'm going to buy it eventually, once it goes on sale. the next pack im buying is get together.

Good choice. That pack is much more versatile (and beneficial) than what it was promoted as.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    I will buy it.... eventually. when its discounted tho. :)
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am going to buy it but this is my least anticipated of ALL the expansions so far. I feel like it's more of a game pack. I am watching the fame and reputation live stream right now and those opinions are still being affirmed. It doesn't seem like it's going to drastically expand the game. The perks are not that grand and game-changing. We need stronger effects for these features. So many features in this game are similar to others or do not show themselves in a noticeable way. If Sims 4 is going to be going for at least 3 more years they need to up the creativity on their new features. So many "new" ones coming out are rehashes of ones we already have!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm not sure. I don't feel like I know enough yet or seen enough gameplay.

I'll probably get it eventually. If I feel its worth it after doing more research then yes! If not, I'll wait until it comes down in price.
    giphy.gif
  • CiarraCheyenneCiarraCheyenne Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm hoping to get the new expansion! I want to have a famous painter in my game.
  • HyacinthHyacinth Posts: 8 New Member
    Yeah, I'll probably get it, it sounds pretty fun and the CAS items look modern from what I can see! Since I play without mods, I'm always happy to get more CAS items and build mode items!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I am going to get it eventually, not sure if straight away.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I don't play this game a lot, but I do play occasionally. The first day I learned about this ep, I pre-ordered it. I always loved all the fame type eps in all the previous sims games, so I expect to enjoy this one as well. Really, to me Maxis rarely disappoints.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    Definitely going to buy it! So excited!

But first, going to do some research. I want to know almost everything the EP has to offer before buying it.
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is not a EP that looks like it will add significant gameplay value to my game. I may wait until it goes on sale, but refuse to pay more than about $10 for it.
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I'm buying for the content the famous part is not something I like at all. I think this is the first expansion I ever felt this way about But I love some of the content so I will buy the day it comes out.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    It is not a EP that looks like it will add significant gameplay value to my game. I may wait until it goes on sale, but refuse to pay more than about $10 for it.

@NorthDakotaGamer, where have you gotten expansion packs for $10? I do the occasional giveaway and am always looking for sales. Been scouring the internet looking for release day sales for Get Famous. :)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

@NorthDakotaGamer, where have you gotten expansion packs for $10? I do the occasional giveaway and am always looking for sales. Been scouring the internet looking for release day sales for Get Famous. :)

I don't usually. I said this EP would wait until it is at that price point (or even lower as I do not even see it worth that). I wait until any DLC is priced what I believe it is worth before purchasing. I got the other EP for as low as $15, and that was what I felt the content was worth.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

I don't usually. I said this EP would wait until it is at that price point (or even lower as I do not even see it worth that). I wait until any DLC is priced what I believe it is worth before purchasing. I got the other EP for as low as $15, and that was what I felt the content was worth.

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen the expansion packs for as low as $15. Guess I'm not looking in the right places. :p