Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Get Famous?

So the first 'are you buying' appeared after the embargo lifted. Now that we've had an overview of the acting career presented at yesterday's stream I thought it'd be interesting to see how a new thread compares to the responses in that one.

YES: This includes, per-orders, day one purchases, and those waiting for a sale.
NO: Self-explanatory
MAYBE: Those waiting for more information. Live-streams, player reviews, LGR

Are You Buying Get Famous? 379 votes

Yes
67% 256 votes
No
11% 44 votes
Maybe
20% 79 votes

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It depends on where I am with other games when it comes out.
    I am currently enjoying TS3 and I would also like to continue my play-through of Skyrim.
    It doesn't feel like much of wait for a GF sale while I have other things to enjoy.

But, I am seeing more and more objects that will be useful for my sims when they become teens.
    I might take the plunge and get it, because I also have the whole week off.
    It also depends on what effect the Python update has on my game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I may get it when there is an major discount for the Neighborhood is too small for me and I do not like the explanation that was giving on why the neighborhood is small.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Maybe. I haven't looked at the content yet and don't intend to (I like figuring things out on my own), but what I'm more interested in for my purchasing decision is the upcoming patch. I need to see that they care at least a little bit about addressing major bugs in paid content before I buy anything else from them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    under no circumstances. and i mean it. [pouts]
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm buying it, but will I play it on Release Day? I'm currently trying to finish Lego DC Super Villains on the PS4.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    I think it will get boring quickly but I'll probably get it just to have something new to do...I miss sims 1 superstar and how they had a star above their heads when they reached a certain celebrity level
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If we're talking a sale? Why yes. Especially with the holiday shopping season round the corner, I expect Get Famous to be included in an Origin store sale somewhere. I can wait.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Eventually. We'll see if it's in the budget when it comes out. Got plenty of games coming out to entertain me with for now, and Super Smash brothers is soo close to release that I'm trying not to spend too much. Sims isn't really on my mind at the moment.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Super duper definitely :D
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I still really want to know how the fame system works and more importantly how I can keep the majority of my Sim from becoming famous. So, I guess, I'll have an answer to that by Friday.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    After seeing the livestream (and I actually watched the whole thing, which is unusual!) and some of the videos from the Game Changers, my answer would be: Yes, most definitely! :smiley:

My birthday is in November, sometime after Get Famous comes out, so I may wait for any potential holiday sales by then to get it. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    I will get it as sonn as I am not broke anymore. I like the concept of becoming famous but I don't care too much about the career..There are some cool CAS items and the neighbourhood scenery is beautiful! Might fit some storylines of mine..
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    If I find it on sale only. Honestly.. still super confused about what's actually going to be in the pack. I don't like live streams but can't find a list of information anywhere...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I still really want to know how the fame system works and more importantly how I can keep the majority of my Sim from becoming famous. So, I guess, I'll have an answer to that by Friday.

@MDianaSanders the fame system is optional. You decide which sims become famous.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If I find it on sale only. Honestly.. still super confused about what's actually going to be in the pack. I don't like live streams but can't find a list of information anywhere...

@Francl27 lot of information on in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949273/get-famous-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    I already pre-ordered it as a birthday gift to myself.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    FlorevdietjeFlorevdietje Posts: 1 New Member
    I do think so, but I'm also thinking about getting get to work... Don't really know what to diside, I could get both though. Buy get to work and ask get famous for christmas.. You never know how generous Santa Clous is right? ;)
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited October 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »

@Francl27 lot of information on in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949273/get-famous-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

Yes I've been following it. Just a bit confused about the whole media producing skill but no career linked to it.

I guess the whole EP kinda confuses me. My main issue still is that there's only one new career, and I'm sure it will be super fun to do once... but after that... so it's not worth $40 for me. I still see no point in being a celebrity either... I don't really take my Sims out so having access to more venues is just not interesting to me... and other than that... what's the point? lol.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Maybe, I'm still very undecided. I'm not happy with the size of Del Sol Valley, I only had one sim I who I planned to be an actor, and the fame thing is not a "must have" for me. I might get it at some point but currently I'm more interested in the upcoming patch than I am in Get Famous.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Definitely getting it, but will be waiting for a sale. Gaming is my most expensive hobby, so I try to cut back where possible. Since EP sales come around fairly often, I won't mind waiting.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I'm definitely going to get it. It would be nice if Target did the $20 thing again. I'm not going to pay more than $30 for the pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So the first 'are you buying' appeared after the embargo lifted. Now that we've had an overview of the acting career presented at yesterday's stream I thought it'd be interesting to see how a new thread compares to the responses in that one.

YES: This includes, per-orders, day one purchases, and those waiting for a sale.
    NO: Self-explanatory
    MAYBE: Those waiting for more information. Live-streams, player reviews, LGR

Yes I have it preordered.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Let me just be honest. I don't know much about this EP. I haven't played the game in months. But yes, I will almost definitely get this because I'm willing to admit that 1) I'm always curious and 2) I'm a sucker for anything Sims lol.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have to wait for a sale. I have some other things coming out of next month's money that are on clearance at work that I need for the downstairs apartment when I take it over next spring to renovate and move in.