Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saving Styled Outfits

I would like us to be able to save styled outfits.

Townies often appear in awful things and there's so many of them, that to go and change each outfit is impossible. However sometimes you have to do that, e.g. a love interest who won't be moving in and is styled like they got dressed in the dark, or sometimes, you're creating sims to pad your game. Even family members that you don't care about, cousins and friends, new sims. There's everyday, and formal, and active and I have to pick them out every time a new sim ages up. It would be so easy if I had a few more options that I had already created, that already worked on past Sims and I could just click on them and reuse. I use the saved outfits now, but the options are a bit limited.

We can already save some outfits we style: workers in retail stores and restaurants. I'm just wondering if we could have that for CAS as well.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I do!! Every premade and townie in my game gets seasonal makeovers. It can be a daunting task Especially when trying to be sure not to always use the same ones.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I do!! Every premade and townie in my game gets seasonal makeovers. It can be a daunting task Especially when trying to be sure not to always use the same ones.

OMG! Wow. How long does that take you?

And do you think it would be easier if we could save styles?
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2018

3 to 4 hours for the 200+ sims in my Legacy save. Of course it would I could save about 10 styles per category along with the existing ones specifically for townies.

3 to 4 hours for the 200+ sims in my Legacy save. Of course it would I could save about 10 styles per category along with the existing ones specifically for townies.

That is some serious dedication to that legacy.

My problem is how townies don't seem to like just wearing a jeans and tee. They're always trying some new fashion that hurts my eyes and breaks my heart. If they just kept it a little plainer I'd be so much happier.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It would be great to have this option added in with the upcoming patch that includes a new free styling career; surely these two would go hand-in-hand, no?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Made a thread a lonnnng time ago about wanting to be able to saev and name your styled outfits, not to mention being able to also copy outfits if you need to copy one to a different category along with makeup.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    It would be great to have this option added in with the upcoming patch that includes a new free styling career; surely these two would go hand-in-hand, no?

Was just about to comment this...but you got there first xd

I hope so. It kinda seems like a lot of features of the game are right in the arena.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Made a thread a lonnnng time ago about wanting to be able to saev and name your styled outfits, not to mention being able to also copy outfits if you need to copy one to a different category along with makeup.

And naming them, yes. Why not? The other styled outfits in the game are named. And it would be cool if we could share them on the gallery somehow...but that seems unlikely.

I hope so. It kinda seems like a lot of features of the game are right in the arena.
    LadyKyn wrote: »

And naming them, yes. Why not? The other styled outfits in the game are named. And it would be cool if we could share them on the gallery somehow...but that seems unlikely.

In many ways, this could easily be implemented with the upcoming EP. Supposedly Sims will start copying your style if you have the right Fame perks. Saving styled outfits is practically in the bag, just requires a few more buttons to push development-wise.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    We definitely need a way to save our own outfits, but this should be patched in, not part of a pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I would also love a way to have styled looks for makeup, especially the ones from the Vintage Glamour vanity.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd love to be able to create and save our own styled outfits. I'd also like the ability to edit career outfits without having to use a cheat, like if I have a Sim that wears glasses they don't show up on the career outfit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is a long overdue feature. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement tbh. It would be awesome to be able to create a bunch of outfits and browse through them like a catalogue.
    So_Money wrote: »
    This is a long overdue feature. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement tbh. It would be awesome to be able to create a bunch of outfits and browse through them like a catalogue.

I never thought I would be so overjoyed at hearing about a CAS Style Catalogue until now.
    edited November 2018
    I have to go through each of these guys... There aren't that many clothing options. There are only so many combinations that work. I'm in redo mode right now. Going through the really bad ones and tweaking them a bit. I like them to have their own style no problem (even though some clothing items get worn like all the time, which is annoying)

Eleanor

wgdyJMJ.png[/img][img][/img]QCZOZQA.png

Here's Erika
    [img][/img]3Sqtjvy.png
    [img][/img]oRCdKdI.png

Every now and then, I guess, you just have to go through your game, and fix the uglies. It might also be cool if randoms also only chose from your saved outfits. (That might also be asking too much.)