Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the weirdest moments that happened in your gameplay?

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
So for the first time in a while I booted up my game and went to visit my crazy Mermaliens - which is just a weird term I use for the Merman/Alien family of mine. :p
Anyway, after puttering about and seeing how everybody was faring from my months-long absence I noticed that Perseus, the firstborn son in the family, apparently had the hots for somebody.
tumblr_inline_ph27mnVt8i1vhkp6x_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ph27muHWCa1vhkp6x_540.jpg

After a quick look around I don’t see anybody there.
tumblr_inline_ph27nwiNUi1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
.....Except for his Grandma.

Which could only mean one thing :s

Best part is that in the midst of all these Targaryen-esque happenings, Grandma Ursa was making the same face I did when I realized what was going on.
tumblr_inline_ph27oeSiOH1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
:D

With this happening in my game, now I’m curious: What types of weird moments have happened in all of your games? feel free to share them!

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got an apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley2 where my fist settlers were supposed to be building a house on their empty home lot and they've only gotten the job half done and it's entering late summer already in the year of 1525 in Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    I made a female sim and moved her in to her house. I immedietly got her to go over to someones house to try and find her a rich husband (lol) Before she could get there she got abducted by aliens. Thats all fine, except almost immedietly after she got back she combusted because of the heat. Oh well, I had her saved so I moved her back in. Before she left I got her to pick up this ore or someting from the garden... and gets hit by a meteor. I gave up.
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited October 2018
    In Aurora Skies my main sims household was renamed by the game after one of my skip-through-households-back and forth in Edit Town. The previous name was hers, and the name I came back to was 'Dog'. ('Hund' in swedish). I still laugh when I think about it.

Edit: sorry, I forgot to explain this: There is an idiom in swedish that translated goes: 'Here lies a dog buried', like "Something is rutten.." i.e. corrupt.
    It's like the game was trying to tell me something :smiley:
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    @TadOlson ohhhh, apocalypse challenge! I haven’t really done any challenges before but apocalypse ones have always struck my fancy :)

@aglitteringsimmer Lol! My alien simmies can summon meteors on a whim so whenever I get bored in my game I have ‘em summon a few just to unleash a wee bit of chaos on the town. Much fun. >:)

@Auroraskies I’ve never had the game rename my sims before! Never knew that was possible :o
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    What you see is not necessarily what you get
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just made a "Donald" sim...for my Apocalypse fic...just to use on one scene. Well, when I went to select his traits: "Ambitious, Born Salesman, Charismatic, Hot-Headed, Inappropriate - one of the career options it gave me was "Leader of the Free World". face>desk.
    In order the top three: Super-Popular; CEO of a Mega Corporation; Leader of the Free World.
    DonaldTraits.jpg
    ...and who said that they wanted computers to learn about us as we played our games, tailoring our games to suit our gameplay style? :fearful:

All I can say is I hope that THIS doesn't come true...even if he IS now the President of the United States.
    Trump_Announcement.jpg
    (scene from my "The Way of Life" apocafic)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited October 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer Lol that’s great :D:D

eta: You really got his likeness! I’m never that good at making sims look like real people. Even my current avatar used to be my simself but I changed a lot of her features because I got creeped out seeing myself in the game :p
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Sorry, he's not orange enough. :D
    I know...but it was either go with the orange skin-tone which made him walk around like an obese pumpkin...or just come as close as I could with the regular skin tone by pushing it as dark as it would go. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Amphora -It's not the only one I've got taking place in the 16th century because that's also when my 100 baby challenge takes place though it's in the 1550's while the apocalypse challenge is in the year of 1525 and in late summer.I play my game so heavily Modded with the setting configured for rotational play that I actually have to play the entire town and I use awesomemod to disable the automated school assignment system because I love playing in larger worlds and that was one thing known to break routing and possible even a save.I've got a legacy in Evermore Falls where it's currently the summer of 1637 and one of my families just moved to their second home because they outgrew the other home.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Plumbot_nausea.jpg
    Can anyone tell me the logic behind this? A plumbot doesn't even have a stomach so how can it get visceroidal nausea from a tiberium rock that he conjured?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Can anyone tell me the logic behind this? A plumbot doesn't even have a stomach so how can it get visceroidal nausea from a tiberium rock that he conjured?
    I must have been absent the day this was covered in medical school middle school shop class.

But given that I wouldn't want to be the one charged with cleaning up the resulting mess, I would think finding a way to add some sweet grass to the plumbot's motor oil might be a good idea. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've seen a plumbot vomit before. My sim made one with fear of humans, and it got so scared when she took it to the bot emporium to sell it, it vomited oil all over the floor.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just got that same nauseous moodlet from a plumbot with tiberium myself, in last night's game. Even the dust caused the problem. I also saw the plumbot throw up for the first time. Another something new I learned.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I've seen a plumbot vomit before. My sim made one with fear of humans, and it got so scared when she took it to the bot emporium to sell it, it vomited oil all over the floor.

Hence the reason why you should never let your plumbot carry tiberium either. While a human sim will vomit bile, a plumbot vomiting is an "environmental calamity". :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    I played with a premade family and there was a childhater with a wife, who wanted to have a big family. I didn't want to destroy their marriage, because everything else was perfect. But then the woman cheated on him with their roommate and got pregnant. In my story it was her plan to get pregnant and tell her husband, that contraception haven't worked out for them two, so she could have at least one baby (not 5, because I respect the man's wish NOT to have a big family). But somehow he has figured out her lies. And he has lost his trust to her. She tried to talk with her son's biological dad, but he got mad too. She left her home with the baby and moved to a new house. They divorced later.

Then she met my Steve, who was single back then. They liked each other and tried to see if it could work out for them. Steve was almost ready to become a stepfather, but once that single mom invited him to her party. He came and found her cheating on him... With her own ex husband, who she used to be enemies with. Well, true love never dies. As they fought such huge problems, my goal was to help them get back together and marry again. He even became a good stepfather and Steve chose his university friend, who became truly a perfect wife for him.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I saw this once in a cafe I built.

0548998ba7988cafdf30d23e14946e9e.jpg
    edited November 2018
    @Vincent_Vengeance Oh wow, family drama at its finest! :p

@JayedTadaSkier Oh, those cafe dwellers. Always horsing around :s:D

I guess the horse found the entrance unadoorable :p