Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK too but thought that we'll be finding out at the usual 6pm when things tend to be announced/posted? I can't wait to find out, gotten myself pretty hyped up!
    @rinre33 I’m excited too! Looks like it will be 7pm here as pst is 8hrs behind
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Basically, you do a risky action that gives you a possibility of higher relationship (or work) boost if successful than a regular one. Such as risky kiss if successful would get you more of a relationship boost or if it fails they would push away.

Well, they did say that if a risky interaction was successful, there'd be a higher work boost.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2018
    [quote="LiELF;c-16814579"It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI. [rest of quote snipped for brevity]

Could be some kind of chemistry/attraction system? You might need to edit that out if Sims are reacting visually somehow (hearts???) to other Sims in their vicinity to show their attraction to them?

That's what I was thinking with the attraction system - that a thought bubble might have appeared in the middle of the risky kiss indicating whether the other Sim met the attraction requirements. (Say, if the Sim being kissed was not attracted to beards and the kissing Sim had a beard, the other Sim could have a thought bubble with a bearded face and a slash through it.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    [quote="LiELF;c-16814579"It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI. [rest of quote snipped for brevity]

Could be some kind of chemistry/attraction system? You might need to edit that out if Sims are reacting visually somehow (hearts???) to other Sims in their vicinity to show their attraction to them?

That's what I was thinking with the attraction system - that a thought bubble might have appeared in the middle of the risky kiss indicating whether the other Sim met the attraction requirements. (Say, if the Sim being kissed was not attracted to beards and the kissing Sim had a beard, the other Sim could have a thought bubble with a bearded face and a slash through it.)

I would love something like this! Here's hoping...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    We’ll know today right ? It’s nice they do their livestreams in the morning in California because it’s often 8 in the evenning here so I can still watch even with the time difference.

Could they have added stairs (like spiral or L-shaped stairs and ladders) ? Doesn’t seem very big but it sure would be nice.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

If it's an attraction feature I'd rather see a heart by the sim their attracted to in the relationship panel and a note your sim is attracted to this sim.
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI.

It's not cars because they were debunked more than once now.

It's not likely CAW because that is huge and complicated and we're only just getting the first phase of terrain tools.

I don't think it's spiral stairs because that wouldn't require random video editing in the middle of gameplay.

I really don't think it's a babies overhaul, just for the fact that the Game Changers only had four hours to try out the new pack with the patch, so why would they start out their limited gameplay going through the motions of making a family when the pack is clearly not "family style" content? It seems like something that can be discovered by just playing a single Sim.

I also doubt it could be any NPCs because one of the Game Changers could "play around" with it.

With all of that out of the way, I'm back to having no idea what it is, lol. I do still think it's something that can be directly influenced by the player, though. But I could be totally wrong. Everyone's been quite sneaky about keeping it under wraps. But that "positivity challenge" seems to be the one thing that points to what it could be. Well, we'll find out tomorrow!

I beleive it does have something to do with integrational gameplay, maybe something with personality or attraction?
    LanieBorne wrote: »
    It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI.

It's not likely CAW because that is huge and complicated and we're only just getting the first phase of terrain tools.

I don't think it's spiral stairs because that wouldn't require random video editing in the middle of gameplay.

I really don't think it's a babies overhaul, just for the fact that the Game Changers only had four hours to try out the new pack with the patch, so why would they start out their limited gameplay going through the motions of making a family when the pack is clearly not "family style" content? It seems like something that can be discovered by just playing a single Sim.

I also doubt it could be any NPCs because one of the Game Changers could "play around" with it.

With all of that out of the way, I'm back to having no idea what it is, lol. I do still think it's something that can be directly influenced by the player, though. But I could be totally wrong. Everyone's been quite sneaky about keeping it under wraps. But that "positivity challenge" seems to be the one thing that points to what it could be. Well, we'll find out tomorrow!

I beleive it does have something to do with integrational gameplay, maybe something with personality or attraction?

Oh please let it be an attraction feature. Hopefully it will also add being able to create boy/girlfriends in CAS.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    LanieBorne wrote: »

Oh please let it be an attraction feature. Hopefully it will also add being able to create boy/girlfriends in CAS.

I could see it being something to do with attraction. With the fame system Sims will be reacting to celebrities depending on their fame level, so it's not a stretch to imagine the devs tweaking that new system to have Sims reacting in new ways to their love interests.
    Less than 2 hours to find out! I'm very excited, hope we won't be disappointed. I'm hoping for an update at least the size of glass roofs (new and big enough to have an imlact).
    edited November 2018
    Does anyone have a link for the livestream ?
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    SimGuruSteve just posted this on Twitch: "seriously, think of the top say ... 15 things you wanted for free in the sims... it's not one of those"
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    SimGuruSteve just posted this on Twitch: "seriously, think of the top say ... 15 things you wanted for free in the sims... it's not one of those"

Lmao

It's definitely a new set of chairs then

Can you post the link?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    So I just read @SimGuruSteve tweet saying that this small, fun feature is something that isn't on peoples' wish lists, and all I have to say to the Game Changers who hyped this up, assuming it's the same thing:

tenor.gif?itemid=4859872
    edited November 2018
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    There are Simmers already making comments before the Twitch stream starts. SimGuruSteve giving nothing away with a few comments himself. Starts at 7pm UK with about half an hour for Maxis Monthly, then another 1hour and a half for the Get Famous Developer chat.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    What's hype to one person may not be hype to another. You can't really blame anyone if your imagination went into hype mode! It could be classed as game changing to some people and others might be ehh on it, but isn't that the case with most things related to the Sims; some like it, some don't.
    I’m pretty sure I heard someone speak about “risky kiss” in a video from Sims Camp. Could we be getting risky interactions ?
    I'm preparing to be disappointed.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member

But why? It's a free patch feature. 🤔

But why? It's a free patch feature. 🤔

Yes I know.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Where is the link to the stream?