Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I watched Pixelade's video, and he says he almost played around more with this secret new feature than the Get Famous features while he was at Sims camp. "You will all love it to death".

This is getting very intriguing.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I watched Pixelade's video, and he says he almost played around more with this secret new feature than the Get Famous features while he was at Sims camp. "You will all love it to death".

This is getting very intriguing.

What could be more fun to play than the new pack :0

Why are they doing this to us lol
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    3 more days

We can do this 😂
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    At this point I'm more excited for the update than the actual pack :D
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm glad I didn't see this thread until now. I like the variety of the "Small but fun" verses a few game-changers takes on it... "Lose your minds over it" and "love it to death". Maybe the sims team just doesn't want blown up over- hype because we want different things and maybe as many said they are talking about different things but I doubt that they are. Sounds like a significant thing for at least some group of players.

Not that I'm expecting it... but the only things that would make me lose my minds over it or love it to death that is coming as a base game that I can think of currently would be cars, ocean swimming, or an added fear emotion, (which I doubt will ever be done but .. hey acting.. anything it possible).
    I would really like other things to be added though and might even love other things to death.
    Terrain Tools for example. I think that's a pretty huge known addition.. that could have been a lose your mind feature for some (and it was watching that livestream). I'm not going to use it much but I'm happy we are getting it.

If it ends up being something like cars though we will be on to them.. "small but fun" indeed. Troll more. I'd be proud.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited November 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm glad I didn't see this thread until now. I like the variety of the "Small but fun" verses a few game-changers takes on it... "Lose your minds over it" and "love it to death". Maybe the sims team just doesn't want blown up over- hype because we want different things and maybe as many said they are talking about different things but I doubt that they are. Sounds like a significant thing for at least some group of players.

Not that I'm expecting it... but the only things that would make me lose my minds over it or love it to death that is coming as a base game that I can think of currently would be cars, ocean swimming, or an added fear emotion, (which I doubt will ever be done but .. hey acting.. anything it possible).
    I would really like other things to be added though and might even love other things to death.
    Terrain Tools for example. I think that's a pretty huge known addition.. that could have been a lose your mind feature for some (and it was watching that livestream). I'm not going to use it much but I'm happy we are getting it.

If it ends up being something like cars though we will be on to them.. "small but fun" indeed. Troll more. I'd be proud.

The sims team does like to troll, saying "we don't hint" and then throwing a million hints into the game, for Seasons, Pets, etc. I wonder if all their denial of cars is just a grand conspiracy to trick everyone. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible ;)
    bixters wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

The sims team does like to troll, saying "we don't hint" and then throwing a million hints into the game, for Seasons, Pets, etc. I wonder if all their denial of cars is just a grand conspiracy to trick everyone. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible ;)

It would be awesome. All those cars in the new world and that garages. If they aren't coming now I feel like they are coming soon.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    What if it's a brand new blank world like Newcrest only with a different name and a different theme with 20 empty lots?
  • LoveeBriiLoveeBrii Posts: 35 Member
    Elevators and spiral staircases would be nice features
    <3 Origin ID: LoveeBrii
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hmm, if it's something you can opt to play with over GF, it might not be burglars, unless it takes a more active form.

I can see it being improved babies or CAW. The first one because nobody ever takes footage of babies, so there's some plausible deniability, although the gurus also said they're not the highest priority life stage IIRC. CAW is possible because people have said the goers didn't explicitly deny it and they did make more room in the world selection screen, but it would also take a lot of changes given the game's static worlds.

I'd say CAW would impress me the most

Edit: Oh, and also, "small but fun" could refer to babies like others said
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I wouldn't mind babies being unlocked either and that could open up the option for strollers.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I'm hoping for swimmable oceans/bodies of water but am thinking it COULD be that they've finished the water tool to go with the terrain tool update.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    The fact that you can play with this feature implies its not burglars. I doubt it's cars either, as they only really have one function and it's not one you can manipulate to the point of, well, an EP.

At this point, I'm hoping for CAW.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My guesses are babies or CAW, or both. Pixelade worded it as if there is one base game huge surprise, and one GF surprise coming Tuesday. And there is definitely something in GF they aren’t allow to show. But that has me confused because I’m pretty sure it’s an interaction because xUrbanSimsx had to cut a lot of stuff out of footage.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Maybe it has something to do with after school activities? Everyone is saying how kids can join a drama club now, but we haven't actually seen anything about that. Maybe they're adding other after school activities as well for base game.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm hoping burglars. The rumour is going around because of the money vault.

I can almost garuntee you it's not burglars sadly.

One of the people who saw it said they played with it So much, almost more than get famous.

You can't really play with burglars.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

One of the people who saw it said they played with it So much, almost more than get famous.

Dang you're making me so hyped :D I can't wait to find out what it actually is. I'll have to look for clues in some of the Let's Plays

This.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    "small but fun" makes me think of babies, maybe they are finally releasing babies from their bassinets and giving us more to do with them. I for one hope that's that it is.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

You can if they're a playable career.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What if it is multiplayer :/

It's possible. There is already a mod for it so they have the technology to do it. And if they said it's an optional feature, then multiplayer seems possible. Maybe it gives the player the ability to visit other people's worlds and watch movie performances like simport from the Sims 3?
    bixters wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What if it is multiplayer :/

It's possible. There is already a mod for it so they have the technology to do it. And if they said it's an optional feature, then multiplayer seems possible. Maybe it gives the player the ability to visit other people's worlds and watch movie performances like simport from the Sims 3?

That's what I was thinking too. Although I can say I would probably not use it as I rarely used the feature from sims 3.