Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

14567810...Next

Comments

• wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Where is the link to the stream?

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    FIRST PERSON CAMERA! Shift Tab allows you go into first person mode! It is kinda awesome!
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    This is actually very cool :D
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    So disappointing for me! :/
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I will probably only use this feature in VR.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I love this feature. I can see myself downloading Gallery houses and looking around them as I have always wanted to do. Lots of uses for this.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    AWESOME.

I've actually wanted a feature like this for ages! What a pleasant surprise! :)
    #Team Occult
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Interesting. I did think about first person view back in the Sims 1 days. I'd say this isn't much of a game changer for me, but I do think it's a good addition nonetheless. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    So I just read @SimGuruSteve tweet saying that this small, fun feature is something that isn't on peoples' wish lists, and all I have to say to the Game Changers who hyped this up, assuming it's the same thing:

tenor.gif?itemid=4859872

AAAAAANNND it's already happening. Just saw two people talk about unsubbing from game changers who hyped this up :lol:
    edited November 2018
    I've wanted something like this for a long time. I hope you can use this for taking your dog for a walk in Brindleton Bay. Apparently you can also look through the eyes of your pets, though you cannot control them. I've always wanted to know what they got up to when I let them out to hunt, or maybe, it might help to find lost pets as well.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

You will not be using this in VR cause it would make you vomit all over your keyboard from all the shaking...
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

You will not be using this in VR cause it would make you vomit all over your keyboard from all the shaking...

Yes, I will. I no longer suffer from motion sickness of any kind. If I did, I wouldn't be able to use VR in the first place.
  • Csibeubi3Csibeubi3 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think it's a decent feature, but definitely not game changing for me. I am happy for those, who like this (i like it too, but i don't think i will use it too much), and i am not dissapointed, and i like that they give us free updates and new stuff like this. But i am considering leaving the forums, because i don't want to be that hyped again. :D:D I thought we were going to get CAW. I really want that tool. 💔
    20180613_230543.gif
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    Eliharb wrote: »

Not everyone suffers from motion sickness. I have played Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, and Dishonored games, which are in first person, for example. I also go on rollercoasters as spinning rides (like the spinning tea cups in some carnivals), etc. :smile:

I also played some VR games and never got dizzy.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited November 2018
    After a few months it will just seem normal and you do have to actually choose the feature to use it. I can't be bothered with all the moaning going on by some Simmers. The only thing that does worry me a bit is the flashing of the Paparazzi cameras. Is that a good thing for epilepsy sufferers or could you turn that flash off?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I'll be using this for picture taking. I can imagine the videos coming from this too. I did get a little dizzy from all the jumping around they did in the video though had to look away.
    So the guru's weren't trolling us. "Small but Fun". It's a first in the Sims as far as I know.
    ps... I still love it when they troll us.
    egTcBMc.png
    So I just read @SimGuruSteve tweet saying that this small, fun feature is something that isn't on peoples' wish lists, and all I have to say to the Game Changers who hyped this up, assuming it's the same thing:

tenor.gif?itemid=4859872

AAAAAANNND it's already happening. Just saw two people talk about unsubbing from game changers who hyped this up :lol:

I, myself, would subscribe to those game changers as this actually is a real game changer and people just don't realise this yet. Decided me to buy the pack to try it on those fans and actors.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    How exactly is this game changing for everyone? I mean unless you edit videos or want to see a badly rendered dog up close I don't see the point. Yeah it's free and I shouldn't be complaining but there is a LONG list of features people have been hounding them about for years, and this was not one of them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    How exactly is this game changing for everyone? I mean unless you edit videos or want to see a badly rendered dog up close I don't see the point. Yeah it's free and I shouldn't be complaining but there is a LONG list of features people have been hounding them about for years, and this was not one of them.

It's game changing because it gives an entirely new game playing option and style. It's a completely different perspective. This also can change the storyboards for those who like to use a lot of screenshots to tell stories. Additionally, it offers brand new video recording angles that were previously hard to capture, for the people who do machinima, make music videos, or just like to watch their own game captures.

The feature was developed during the free time of one of the devs as more of a joke, but then fine-tuned because they were having a lot of fun with it and decided to share it with us. So whatever is being developed on company time is still being worked on.
    #Team Occult