Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
SimGuruKate said they'd be announcing something at the next Maxis Monthly in November they we don't know about yet. My personal opinion is that it's going to be what's coming with the December Holiday Update but I could be wrong and it might be some Game Changing Feature to the Base Game. We already know cars are ruled out because Grant said they haven't started making them yet.

We know 1 more gallery update is coming this year but I don't think Kate would mention that because of a gallery update.

Comments

• MuziemanMuzieman Posts: 46 Member
    I wonder if we are getting a store. Are we going back to the 3 expansion packs per year plus a store. If Sims 5 is happening then I wouldn't be surprised if EA tries to extract some extra money from this game over the next 3/4 years. We don't know whats happened to stuff packs, maybe they'll be sold as store packs now.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Spiral staircases and the holiday update.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm hoping for personalities overhaul.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jakester4x4Jakester4x4 Posts: 99 Member
    Pre-Teens 🤞
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm hoping burglars. The rumour is going around because of the money vault.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Muzieman wrote: »
    I wonder if we are getting a store. Are we going back to the 3 expansion packs per year plus a store. If Sims 5 is happening then I wouldn't be surprised if EA tries to extract some extra money from this game over the next 3/4 years. We don't know whats happened to stuff packs, maybe they'll be sold as store packs now.

I have to admit I wouldn't be opposed to this if it gives us those extra things we want in the game. Though money doesn't grow on trees around this house I'd put extra into the game if it brought those missed elements to my game. I bought a few worlds from the Sims 3 store but mostly I put a lot of money into the venues, though I didn't care for the venue itself just the items that came with it.

If I had to take a guess however, I would go with burglars.

If I want to be super optimistic then a signing career.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    https://youtu.be/meJAcBdWFDY

@2:55
    SimmerJonny seams excited about something to be revealed November 6th.
    "You guys are going to lose your minds over it."
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/meJAcBdWFDY

@2:55
    SimmerJonny seams excited about something to be revealed November 6th.
    "You guys are going to lose your minds over it."

Which means, all the Sim Campers aware of this? Perhaps, we should start looking for patterns (for a clue) in their building & let's play videos!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm hoping burglars. The rumour is going around because of the money vault.
    I sure hope not I don't want cops poofing on the lot and poofing back out we need cars before burglars.
    SimGuruKate said they'd be announcing something at the next Maxis Monthly in November they we don't know about yet. My personal opinion is that it's going to be what's coming with the December Holiday Update but I could be wrong and it might be some Game Changing Feature to the Base Game. We already know cars are ruled out because Grant said they haven't started making them yet.

We know 1 more gallery update is coming this year but I don't think Kate would mention that because of a gallery update.
    Why do people keep saying that... Grant was asked "Why no cars? I dont get it. Sims 1,2,3 had cars but not Sims 4" Grant replied "We haven't made them yet." That is in no way saying they haven't started work on them just that cars have not been made therefore not in the game they could be at any point in production and not be made ready for game which is why they're not in the game. Not made and not being made are completely different things he said the first he does not hint at future content and was just stating a fact.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    Muzieman wrote: »

I have to admit I wouldn't be opposed to this if it gives us those extra things we want in the game. Though money doesn't grow on trees around this house I'd put extra into the game if it brought those missed elements to my game. I bought a few worlds from the Sims 3 store but mostly I put a lot of money into the venues, though I didn't care for the venue itself just the items that came with it.

If I had to take a guess however, I would go with burglars.

If I want to be super optimistic then a signing career.

I'd actually be all for it if they started selling worlds separately. So we can decide if our computers can handle more and bigger worlds.
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    > SimmerJonny seams excited about
    > something to be revealed November 6th.
    > "You guys are going to lose your minds
    > over it."

That moment when a free patch has more more going for it than actual paid content 😗
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ok, so I have a new guess: The ability to add lots to the map. Or story progression. Whatever it is, it seems bigger than spiral staircases.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hm, If it's going to make me lose my mind, then it would have to be a really huge deal. Such as World Builder. Anything less is hype.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    CASt? That would be cool but I really don't think it is...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Cars are not coming this year at all.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So after poking around all corners of the internet I think I have a good idea of what the *~mYsTeRY fEaTuRe~* is....Create A World. Or Create A Map. Whatever.

Here’s why: remember that mod creator who enabled multiplayer for TS4? Well they were also working on a CAW tool and had a working prototype they shared on Reddit early this year. Many of the higher up simgurus had been following that creator’s work, including lead producer Grant. They even hyped it on their twitters and asked him a lot of technical questions. Soon after, that modder went quiet. No new updates on CAW. Not a peep since that initial reveal. They still popped in occasionally to maintain the multiplayer mod but besides that they aren’t active that much anymore.

I think this is because that creator was poached to work for EA. Or they relinquished the rights to their code as part of a contract deal. None of the game changers have denied CAW, in fact none of them will say anything about it at all. Notice how they’re so quick to say “no cars!” but avoid every CAW question like the plague. It’s because they can’t say anything about it. Because it is probably the mystery feature.

Now the guru that worked on terrain tools also supposedly worked on the mystery feature. Terrain tools and map editing sounds like a plausible combination doesn’t it? But then why the difference in reactions from the article writers and reviewers who are aware of the feature? Well...it makes sense since not everyone liked CAW in TS3 or TS2 and hardly ever used it. Hence the “don’t get excited” warnings from some people and “GET READY TO LOSE YOUR MINDSSss!!1” from literally everyone else.

Hmm, if they're quick to deny cars but are silent on CAW, that could be plausible
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Cars are not coming this year at all.

CASt is Create a Style, not cars.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hmm...if the next update is CAW or something equally impressive, and it works pretty well, I'd be willing to buy GF at full price and invest more into the game. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I bet it's that new Jasmine Holiday Challenge that got leaked during the Livestream.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I bet it's that new Jasmine Holiday Challenge that got leaked during the Livestream.

didn't someone on the forums mention its name? I can't remember what thread I saw it in. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member

didn't someone on the forums mention its name? I can't remember what thread I saw it in. . .

You mean the Positivity Challenge? It got leaked at the start of the livestream today because they forgot to close out the box. I don’t know what the point of the challenge is since everything is always happy and positive in the game anyway? I don’t think this is the feature since challenges are only available for a limited time and don’t add anything to core gameplay. This feature is talked about as if it will fundamentally change the way everyone plays the game.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I'm going to not get too overexcited about it but I'm betting the announcement will be this.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/10/26/the-sims-4-the-positivity-online-challenge-coming-soon/
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

You mean the Positivity Challenge? It got leaked at the start of the livestream today because they forgot to close out the box. I don’t know what the point of the challenge is since everything is always happy and positive in the game anyway? I don’t think this is the feature since challenges are only available for a limited time and don’t add anything to core gameplay. This feature is talked about as if it will fundamentally change the way everyone plays the game.

yeah it was that one. I'm not sure what to expect honestly. . . especially since we're getting terrain tools, so I don't know what else this surprise could be since we know cars are off the table for now. I suppose burglars might fit the bill. guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    6riwm5.png