The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley houses nearly all look bad

13...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In my opinion nearly all premade houses in Del Sol Valley look ugly and plain. And I'm not alone with this, there have been Game Changers that also commented this. The houses appear to be rushed, as if they were built the night before SimsCamp. Just compare them to the houses in Brindleton Bay or Windenburg...

I hope the houses in Del Sol Valley get a little makeover before release!

What do you guys think?

BTW looking at this is triggering my OCD so much
    A3mlmOa.jpg

I'm doubting that can be fixed. Because it seems it's part of the street front and those shrubs and fountain there also look like neighborhood decoration and probably can't be moved by a player. So anything that goes there is going to be off center. It's in the neighborhood and can't be fixed. There was a little lot in WB that had a paved curved area right up to the lot and it was something that couldn't be centered and I hated building on that lot because everything I put there was always off center.

I think the only part that's part of the street is the little bit of pavement that stretches from the oval to the beginning of the path -- I can't say for sure till I get my hands on the pack but it looks like if you just move the lot a couple of squares to the right everything will be fixed. That sandy area with the palm trees could be for the special pond that you can get if you're famous enough.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm remaining optimistic that the small things will be taken care of before the pack's release. Lately I've been working on becoming a better builder, so between the new terrain tools and build/buy items I'm actually looking forward to re-doing the lots and houses that come with the game.
    Same here. I'm already building houses for Get Famous (thanks to that special someone who published a map of DSV with the lot sizes) and wouldn't be able to bring myself to bulldozing the premade buildings if they were too beautiful. 😂

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Generally I feel like the exteriors of premade lots look nice but the insides are almost always meh. The people who build the exteriors should keep on doing what they do, but different people who like decorating should maybe step in for the interiors.

As for the "opulent mansions," :(
    The 64x64 home is so bare... Like, sure, simmers can download buildings from the gallery if they don't like it, but some players don't always have access to the internet for that. I got TS4 basically upon release in 2014 but I only got wifi in the December of 2017. When there were updates, I had to buy data on my usb internet thing and hope it doesn't crash, as it often did. Updates were a nightmare to me bc it was expensive to buy data and it often failed, thus wasting my data and money. For this reason, I often avoided using internet at all with origin open on my laptop bc I was scared it would register the update and disallow me from playing until I updated the game.
    So there should be nice lots for people who have to play offline and don't have a knack at building.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I always bulldoze all the game lots first thing so not a concern for me. 😁 Can't wait until our awesome community builders start uploading lots to the gallery.

I'll do the same, I will remake the whole city, put at least 1 restaurant and others residential lots to have neighbors. I don't need gym there etc, and lounges or karaoke bars (I have nice at SanMys town). Or this museum?! I don't need, my sims never go there anyway.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Part of the charm for me is not to have the same types of venues in each world. Although you run into the same loading screen going to a lot in the same world as going to a lot in a different world I like to imagine my sims are traveling to a different neighborhood or city. My ladies club always travel to a restaurant in Magnolia Promenade. My sim couple always visit a restaurant in San Myshuno for Saturday date night. My sims shop in Newcrest. So most of my lots in DSV will be exclusive venues that won't be duplicated in other world's.
  • Simlover302Simlover302 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I always bulldoze all the game lots first thing so not a concern for me. 😁 Can't wait until our awesome community builders start uploading lots to the gallery.

I know nobodys posted on this forum for like 3 years but i decided i didnt care if nobody saw this. Sooo my computer is 12 years old, becuase of that i am forced to download legacy edition. that means i dont have the gallery which i dont really care about anyway, but it also means that i cant download any packs made after november 9 2019 [or something close to that day] and i cant download lots online and put them in my tray file that where built after that day. so thats why the houses bother me.