Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley houses nearly all look bad

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    James aka Sim Supply said some houses were missing toilets in the bathroom. He let them know.

I downloaded a starter home by James. It was missing a step to the front door and an outside bin.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    James aka Sim Supply said some houses were missing toilets in the bathroom. He let them know.

I downloaded a starter home by James. It was missing a step to the front door and an outside bin.
    If it's a single step then sometimes sims can get in without it being there. Haven't figured out how it works. Outdoor bins are also easy to miss, because while playtesting there may not be need for one. That's just my personal experience. I have never forgot to place a toilet :p
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2018
    calaprfy wrote: »

If it's a single step then sometimes sims can get in without it being there. Haven't figured out how it works. Outdoor bins are also easy to miss, because while playtesting there may not be need for one. That's just my personal experience. I have never forgot to place a toilet :p

I nearly got over cautious about placing the toilet rolls as some Simmers got so upset about builders leaving them out in one of the threads in the Forum here. Downloaders download at their own risk and should take a good look around the property before moving in!

I've lately started following Sim Supply videos and got some ideas I never would have thought of myself and would forgive him for the occasional missed step or rubbish bin. :)
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    Most houses that come with packs aren't that great, but I think that's mostly because the people who build and furnish them are extremely limited in the content they can use. These new houses only use GF and base game items, and some of them have to be within a certain price range, so they won't look as nice as a house that uses items from multiple packs and has no price limit. The best we can do is just redo them ourselves if it really bugs us.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Most houses that come with packs aren't that great, but I think that's mostly because the people who build and furnish them are extremely limited in the content they can use. These new houses only use GF and base game items, and some of them have to be within a certain price range, so they won't look as nice as a house that uses items from multiple packs and has no price limit. The best we can do is just redo them ourselves if it really bugs us.

That's where the Game Changers become really useful after the packs come out as they usually have all packs and can create houses and Sims that can show off the full content properly for those who also have them. Maxis Streamer teams have to cater for the basic and particular pack they are showing off.

I wish Maxis Stream teams would use all the packs when streaming sometimes.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    In my opinion nearly all premade houses in Del Sol Valley look ugly and plain. And I'm not alone with this, there have been Game Changers that also commented this. The houses appear to be rushed, as if they were built the night before SimsCamp. Just compare them to the houses in Brindleton Bay or Windenburg...

I hope the houses in Del Sol Valley get a little makeover before release!

What do you guys think?

BTW looking at this is triggering my OCD so much
    A3mlmOa.jpg

I think there's stuff like that on some Brindleton Bay lots as well. Where there is an uneditable piece coming right up to the lot and you can't really get it to line up with floor tiles or match anything. It's very annoying.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018

I'm mainly talking about celebrity homes in this thread, so there should be no price range limit and there are so many new beautiful objects in this pack you don't even need to have any other Expansion in order to build beautiful houses, so that point isn't valid

Just look at the picture I've posted in the beginning, don't you think that looks rushed? Who in their right mind would build something like this. We can't even edit the worlds (what they can)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

I'm mainly talking about celebrity homes in this thread, so there should be no price range limit and there are so many new beautiful objects in this pack you don't even need to have any other Expansion in order to build beautiful houses, so that point isn't valid

Just look at the picture I've posted in the beginning, don't you think that looks rushed? Who in their right mind would build something like this. We can't even edit the worlds (what they can)

But we can edit that lot right?
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    It's hard to tell how ugly or not the houses are from that pic as you cant see the actual house. :#
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    It's hard to tell how ugly or not the houses are from that pic as you cant see the actual house. :#

There are Game Changers on YouTube that uploaded tours of the world and houses. :) (If you want to spoil you)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well since I usually keep the homes that are in the game already. That off center walkway does bug me. I guess I can change it.
    I'm hoping it's hinting at room for a future driveway..... please?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    to be honest here I've never ever seen a decent house in the game (sorry developers). I don't know why we expect that to change now, unless they hired a team of interior designers to build for them. They are limited in packs, and performance. They can only use base game and current pack , and the lot has to be playable on any setup. It's up to the player what to do with it. You can leave it as is, replace from the gallery, renovate or completely buldoze and build from scratch. We shouldn't forget that building and decorating is part of the game too, or else we'd get fixed houses that we couldn't change.

As for the missing toilets ... I've been playing the sims for more than a decade. Been building most of it. I even messed with CAW back in TS3... There are plenty of importand stuff i've forgot in some of my builds. They are humans, they work on dead lines. Deadlines that affect their job performance, fogetting a toilet is the smallest mistake they can make
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2018
    Personally house design doesn't really matter all that much since chances are we'll be completely refitting them anyway.

There are much more important problems with Del Sol Valley to be concerned about.

So yeah, the designs are pretty crummy, but hey... it's not an issue.
    Post edited by EA_David on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    They should be bad, otherwise builders wouldn't have as much incentive to build and non-builders reasons to seek them out. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    In my opinion nearly all premade houses in Del Sol Valley look ugly and plain. And I'm not alone with this, there have been Game Changers that also commented this. The houses appear to be rushed, as if they were built the night before SimsCamp. Just compare them to the houses in Brindleton Bay or Windenburg...

What do you guys think?

A3mlmOa.jpg

Oof, that hurts to look at. It's like the rinks from Seasons who popped up in weird and unsymmetrical positions :#
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    This photo Looks like they precreated and build the house somewhere else and placed it in Del Sol Valley. Looks pretty clear to me
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like a relatively easy fix -- Move Lot a couple of spaces to the right and it should be perfectly centered.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yuna wrote: »
    This photo Looks like they precreated and build the house somewhere else and placed it in Del Sol Valley. Looks pretty clear to me

I hope they fix it before release
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Took a minute to see what was in that pic. lol wow
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    A3mlmOa.jpg

I believe the park in San Myshuno has a similar issue where the stairs don't line up with the centre of the lot
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member

What do you guys think?

A3mlmOa.jpg

LOL! Couldn't have said it better. ;)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

What do you guys think?

A3mlmOa.jpg

I'm doubting that can be fixed. Because it seems it's part of the street front and those shrubs and fountain there also look like neighborhood decoration and probably can't be moved by a player. So anything that goes there is going to be off center. It's in the neighborhood and can't be fixed. There was a little lot in WB that had a paved curved area right up to the lot and it was something that couldn't be centered and I hated building on that lot because everything I put there was always off center.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I always bulldoze all the game lots first thing so not a concern for me. 😁 Can't wait until our awesome community builders start uploading lots to the gallery.

I do the same! EA houses are often too ugly anyway. Only very few exceptions.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Wow. I had to look at that image for a few seconds to figure out what was going on there. If they built that to all four edges of the lot then they really need to center that on the map better before they release this game.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

What do you guys think?

A3mlmOa.jpg

I'm doubting that can be fixed. Because it seems it's part of the street front and those shrubs and fountain there also look like neighborhood decoration and probably can't be moved by a player. So anything that goes there is going to be off center. It's in the neighborhood and can't be fixed. There was a little lot in WB that had a paved curved area right up to the lot and it was something that couldn't be centered and I hated building on that lot because everything I put there was always off center.

Nah, the mailbox shows that it’s part of the lot. We all good.