Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims all look the same!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I wasn't aiming for "cute" @Pary ;) but thanks :) I actually chose my recently made Jason Momoa because I thought his face was harder than my usual sims.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited November 2018
    Now I must make a Pudding Genie. :lol: Perfect Pudding (my kind). XD

*It won't be as nice as your Genie. I really like him. @Mikezumi :mrgreen:
    @Rflong7 Thank you :) I got a sim ready for a body swap as soon as I decided to try a genie for the first time :)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ha, I meant "cute" as in attractive, but let me rephrase - "What a handsome manly Genie ! <3 "

:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Nah, I think people just interpret things differently, that's all :) I think we're all getting a little older... though I try desperately to hang on to my mental age of about five ;)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary I think that might be happening to me without trying. I am definitely about to enter my second childhood :D
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    annabethc wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    this is why i don't play sims 3. In sims 3, no matter how many sliders you use, or cc you use, your sims always look the same. In sims 4, with direct manipulation, anything is possible, and there is truly variety.

@annabethc Did you look at all these post and come to that conclusion, then perhaps I can point you to a eye doctor, I do believe that you need your eyes tested.

no, I didn't read the replies.

@annabethc , You should view the replies, there are a wide variety of don’t look anything alike Sims 3 Sims. I played Sims 4 for 2 months strait and slidered the hel’l out of my created Sims, IMO Sims 4 Sims always wind up looking similar....and they all act the same no matter the traits, that is the true bummer of 4.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    this is why i don't play sims 3. In sims 3, no matter how many sliders you use, or cc you use, your sims always look the same. In sims 4, with direct manipulation, anything is possible, and there is truly variety.

@annabethc Did you look at all these post and come to that conclusion, then perhaps I can point you to a eye doctor, I do believe that you need your eyes tested.

no, I didn't read the replies.

@annabethc , You should view the replies, there are a wide variety of don’t look anything alike Sims 3 Sims. I played Sims 4 for 2 months strait and slidered the hel’l out of my created Sims, IMO Sims 4 Sims always wind up looking similar....and they all act the same no matter the traits, that is the true bummer of 4.
    You can make them look pretty unique when you go all cartoony (I do because that’s the only way for me to like them).

Prunella_zpsgj6tvbot.png

Manuel_zpsw2ajcebv.png

6-9-15_1-07_zpsjgn7gfvy.png

28-8-15_18-20-2_zpsnz1cndph.png

Funny enough, though a majority declares in polls they prefer cartoon over realistic, hardly anybody does. They all keep it as realistic as possible and that’s when they indeed just end up looking like each other.
    5JZ57S6.png
    ARGH MY EYES !
    *sloshes in some eye bleach*
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just used the TS4 CAS Demo...last year... Haven't downloaded it for my desktop. NO...I'm not buying TS4.

All I came up with was...

River%2526Haruo_TS4.jpg
    TS4 Haruo and River. He's peering off away from the camera when I took this picture

River%2526Haruo2_TS4.jpg
    River just looks hopelessly vacuous in this picture.

Finally Tosh had to scare the living ~bleep~ out of them before they behaved.
    TS4River%2526Tosh_meetTS3_Tosh.png

Darn TS4.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited November 2018
    Pary wrote: »
    ARGH MY EYES !
    LOL, I know you don’t like sims cartoony. That’s really my only ‘rescue’ here, that I do to some extent, even when I prefer sims more realistic.

@Mikezumi Thanks, that’s indeed how I meant him to be :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited November 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    ARGH MY EYES !
    LOL, I know you don’t like sims cartoony. That’s really my only ‘rescue’ here, that I do to some extent, even when I prefer sims more realistic.

@Mikezumi Thanks, that’s indeed how I meant him to be :blush:

:D:D

I don't mind cartoony as such, my TS3 sims are less realistic than a lot of other peoples sims, but it's just TS4 sims as a whole. I really can't abide the whole art style, it's just horrible. I've never been a fan of styles like that. It makes me feel like I am in kindergarten.
    Admittedly you have really managed to capture an array of different faces :)

Now, it's off for a memory wipe so I can forget I ever saw any TS4 sims !
    *wanders off with eye bleach bottle*
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @JoAnne65 None of your pics show up for me :( I reloaded, still not there.

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 None of your pics show up for me :( I reloaded, still not there.

Same for me.
    edited November 2018
    @Pary Haha, quick, quick, throw in some Sims 3 sims :mrgreen: And fortunately...

V V

@bekkasan @cwaddell I see they are hosted by Photobucket (I copied them from an old post of mine) and that site is very unreliable these days.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I see them now. They are indeed unique looking, but, I can't get into the look enough to want to buy Sims4. I don't like that plastique, unreal texture they have, nor do I like the art style of the game. Textures don't look like wood even when it is supposed to look like wood, just one example. Ugly. I don't need 100% realistic, but I can't get into sims that look that cartoony. :(

When I started playing games everything was pixels and finally evolved into anime style, which I don't mind. Some of them are cute! I really liked it when they started making characters look like people though. Definitely appealed to my sense of style and can immerse myself in their lives.

I don't necessarily need to bleach my eyes after seeing sims4 sims, but I figure no comment is better than what I could say. :lol:
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member

Mikezumi wrote: »
    "JoAnne65 wrote:

Manuel_zpsw2ajcebv.png

This guy looks like a real sleazy character! Love it :)

I'd invite this 'sleeze' into my game at any time, what a brilliant expression.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited November 2018
    Now I kinda feel bad for sharing those pics of TS4 Cormac in the What happened in your TS3 game today thread... sorry!
    Truth be told, the only reason my sims tend to all look the same is because I have very specific tastes in what I find attractive. Yes, I utilise the sliders and whatnot and my skills in doing so have improved greatly. If you were to compare my first TS3 sim with my latest TS3 sims...

Christopher (first TS3 sim)
    NzwHudH.jpg
    don't look at him he is ugly and half pudding

Nate (latest TS3 sim)
    eC3aaXJ.jpg

And I do prefer TS3 Cormac over TS4 Cormac
    mHhHGBJ.jpg
    MSwhhb2.jpg
    DTDJcTX.png
    5QaGOqM.png
    Post edited by afai1261 on
    @afai1261 Don’t feel bad, it all comes down to personal taste and preference ;) Wish version 4 would come with body hair by the way, such a shame we have to rely on mods for that. I think you did a very good job on recreating Cormac imho.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @afai1261 Please don't feel bad. He actually is very handsome as a Sims4 sim, just not my taste style wise. I think your Sims3 Cormac is adorably cranky in that picture! I love Nate! He is a handsome redheaded fella. Christopher definitely has that EA sim look to him. Amazing how much better we get though when we learn the sliders to get some diverse sims.

@JoAnne65 No EA body hair in sims4? That's just wrong!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I just used the TS4 CAS Demo...last year... Haven't downloaded it for my desktop. NO...I'm not buying TS4.

River%2526Haruo_TS4.jpg
    TS4 Haruo and River. He's peering off away from the camera when I took this picture

River%2526Haruo2_TS4.jpg

Darn TS4.

You seem more like a TS3 user to me. I've never gotten over those graphics of TS3 though
    Oh hamburgers!
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »

River%2526Haruo_TS4.jpg

River%2526Haruo2_TS4.jpg

Darn TS4.

You seem more like a TS3 user to me. I've never gotten over those graphics of TS3 though
    Please stay on topic?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2018
    @JoAnne65 - I actually really love your "cartoony" Sims! And I actually don't go for hyperrealistic, myself either (I probably fall into the "big eyes" camp, instead).

I have never felt that Sims look too "same-y" with the exception of Sliders-0 auto-generated Sims. Certainly I think mine look plenty different.

Edit - also, knowing TS4 doesn't do body hair is another strike against it, for me. That is a must-have, and not just for my Werewolves (though, of course, especially for them).