Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims all look the same!

Comments

• imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    No they don't look the same if you use all the sliders
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @imdragonit I remember him,I locked him in a dungeon and stole his Queen. :D Orcs are not to be trusted,to this day he sits there growling eating his scraps tossed through the bars.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat ...lol I loved that, when you posted that pic I had to clean coffee off the monitor, totally cracked me up :D I <3 that pic of your dark haired beauty...sooo pretty
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'm debating whether to start using CC sliders. I'm a little intimidated, but I would like to start making more interesting sims.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »
    I'm debating whether to start using CC sliders. I'm a little intimidated, but I would like to start making more interesting sims.
    I’ve just recently started with CC sliders. I only have around three or four in my game but I do use them a lot.

I have the face slider recently mentioned on here, a sim height slider, a chin width slider and a slider that gives chin dimples or however they’re called.

I know that after a while when you get enough CC sliders you have to install Master Controller in order to view them all since there’s only so much room for sliders that EA gives you. I haven’t gotten there yet because I don’t spend too much time in CAS but I imagine that someday I will. Lol
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2018
    Randomizing the suggestions of the CAS sometimes help to make unique sims. I focused on the best on every ugly faces I see. Because the sims 3 are ugly.
    I also agree with some premades are gorgeous. Surya us one of the premade of a town I improved a bit. She is pretty.

What I feel is in fact when I change hairstyles I got the feeling X sims looks at Y with the hairstyle in matter. 😩
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    OMG! I need an Orc in my game!!! :o He's so awesome!!! I mean, I have 'Elves' so why not?
    @imdragonit did you use cc sliders or in-game sliders?
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    When I was attempting TS3 tried all the sliders and what not available (tis a fine art in TS2), and they still look the same. Any differences I got were merely superficial. One of the root problems is that the human head is not a ball, but an ovoid. No way you can build a good house if the foundation is flawed. Suspect that to get any meaningful variations would require mods/CC.

When I moved from TS2 to TS3 I thought that sims' heads were too round. Of course this was before I started experimenting with sliders. Now, looking back, TS2 sims all look like sausage heads to me. They were charming sausage heads but sausage heads nonetheless ;) CC sims might have looked better but I wouldn't know because I didn't use CC back then.

latest?cb=20120815151255

You mean a face like this?!
    Oh hamburgers!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2018
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    OMG! I need an Orc in my game!!! :o He's so awesome!!! I mean, I have 'Elves' so why not?
    @imdragonit did you use cc sliders or in-game sliders?

@Odonata68 They are really good,Imdragonit does not use CC.Those Orcs are in my game there are 2 with the Female who is cute.Will give her free advertising and say get them.BRB trying to find my pics

Edit: Pics

I locked em in cages and made them watch my sim make out with her.

tHba2w4.png

They were not pleased when their queen gave my sim a private dance :D

rUfZtnV.png

KHeJA6T.png

And he gets the girl and they lived happily ever after...

KCf7viA.png

The orc's did not live happily ever after I like showing them the baby pictures of all our children through the bars while giggling.
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I used to unconsciously make my sims look similar because I was using just a few of the same presets. When I realised, I started to force myself to use other presets, but new preferences arose and there were still ones I neglected :sweat_smile: Now, unless I have a specific look in mind, I will press random three times for each feature and whichever preset turns up is the one I will work with. Doesn't mean I won't still prettify them, but at least it's a different preset, so introduces some variety into the game. I've realised that I can do quite a lot with some horrible-looking presets, so there are hardly any I won't use now.
    @Odonata68 as craven said I don't have CC in my game ( to computer challenged for that :D ) they are still on my page I think ( I'll double check & upload if not ) I think the build may be with them so you may have to get rid of that. I think there is a fur pattern ( from the exchange ) that will come with it. Ty for the compliment :)
    @CravenLestat yes!! those are the ones!! that gave me monitor clean up duty :D geesh craven ty for the compliment of recommending them, a huge compliment coming from you :)
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I just downloaded a TON of new sliders.. And it's game changing. I did already have quite a bit due to nraas, but the new ones are just fantastic.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’d absolutely love more sliders, I still regret for instance they never added a slider to make eyebrows wider (Sims 2, Medieval and Sims 4 have one so I don’t understand why Sims 3 doesn’t). Eyebrows in fact can completely change the appearance of a face so another tip would be: play around with those eyebrow settings. And dare to choose a not so pretty one, they might turn out quite nice on your sim’s face.

2198599_orig.png

(this is one I avoided to use for years but I love it for him)(and his son)

JX8AIC1.png

5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @JoAnne65 there are actually some eyebrow cc sliders including width. I can find then for you if you're interested
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 there are actually some eyebrow cc sliders including width. I can find then for you if you're interested
    Thanks, yes, I know and I even did some research, but I believe installing those sliders is more complex than just throwing them into a folder like my other mods? For me that often results in a “oh why bother” :# I regret they never added them, which clearly was possible because other sliders they have added over the years.

5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Thanks, yes, I know and I even did some research, but I believe installing those sliders is more complex than just throwing them into a folder like my other mods? For me that often results in a “oh why bother” :# I regret they never added them, which clearly was possible because other sliders they have added over the years.

No, you can just throw them in a folder.
    Oh, ok, that does sound interesting then!
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Oh, ok, that does sound interesting then!

the misunderstanding maybe comes from me saying that, if you have A LOT of sliders, you have to fiddle with some settings in nraas mastercontroller, but only for a lot of sliders. With just the eyebrow sliders it should be okay.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    They can look different, but cc skin and sliders definitely help. I think the main problem is the lack of skin detail in the default skins tbh, it makes hard to see the difference even when you work the sliders. Here's two sims both with blonde hair, blue eyes, but still look pretty diff.

kRY06B9.jpg
    mCBx8L2.jpg
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    They can look different, but cc skin and sliders definitely help. I think the main problem is the lack of skin detail in the default skins tbh, it makes hard to see the difference even when you work the sliders. Here's two sims both with blonde hair, blue eyes, but still look pretty diff.

kRY06B9.jpg
    mCBx8L2.jpg

They don't look pudding faced to me.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @Bubbz3388 Thanks, I had to work hard to make it that way :D .

I forgot to mention, if anyone's interested, they should read this post: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450276

It really helped me when I started playing the game, and I still stick to the rules mentioned there now.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    The only sims I see that look alike are infants, they all seem to look the same.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited November 2018
    To: @Mort_Opal: Here's a quick demo on sliders.

It's amazing what the sliders can do in order to change your sim's look. NO CC.

Pick any sim from the bin. Let's take for example this one:
    Screenshot-329.jpg

Start using the sliders.
    1. Screenshot-328.jpg
    2. Screenshot-330.jpg
    3. Screenshot-332.jpg

If it wasn't for the same clothes. Would you believe they ALL came from the same base sim?

Like I said, I used no CC...just used the base sliders...and they "don't" look alike.

OK...let me remind you again what the BASE sim looks like.
    Screenshot-333.jpg

NOW, I'm not going to touch the sliders and I'm ONLY going to use CC.
    Screenshot-334.jpg

Now do you see why everyone is telling you to learn how to use the sliders. You can do a LOT with the sliders, without even utilizing CC.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I stepped out of my comfort zone today trying to make a sim that someone else suggested. He doesn't look like his target yet but that is because my first CAS session concentrated mostly on his nose, although I did do some eye work as well. Don't be afraid to work the sliders. There is nothing that can't be undone.
    44876167095_5172c87ef0_o.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Sliders, skins and CC...
    I love "my" Derek, he's cc skin and sliders (they all are, but he's my favorite):
    derek1.jpg

NymlADp.jpg