Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super Annoying Routing Issue!!!

minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I've seen a few other people while googling this who have the same problem but I have yet to find a solution.

Basically, my adult sims always take my babies and toddlers outside to the back of the house to do pretty much everything that involves having the kid on the floor. I can't click on a spot inside the house and say "put ___ down here" because they will always take them outside and put them on the ground. If the kid is already on the floor somewhere in the house and I click on him and say "feed on floor" they will take the kid outside. After they take the kid outside I try to make them bring it back inside but they just pick it up and put it right back down in the same spot. So basically, I have to have the toddler crawl back into the house. I was looking for mods that fix routing problems but they all have to do with re-routing townies to reduce lag. I need my sims to stop being idiots. It's snowing and they don't even put winter clothes on their son before taking him outside for NO REASON. What can I do??? halp.

Side note: they always put the toddlers/babies in the exact same spot in the back of the house as if they're thinking "yep, that's where kids go."

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    It's at least partly how much empty floor space is available inside the house that isn't designated for use by some other object. I like smaller houses and so I see this sometimes, and my sims think the fenced garden is just the spot to feed the toddlers. The business with adults running down the stairs while leaving the toddler sitting at the top also drives me a bit crazy. In one of my houses where I have a nice big open space in the living room, the family dog fills that up with his toys, and then the toddler ends up in the garden, so the solution there is to put the dog toys outside. See if you can free up additional floor space somewhere convenient while you have a toddler in the house and if they will then use that. I'd just stick something non-essential in the family inventory for a while (or the pet toys outside as in the example lol) and maybe rearrange the furniture a bit.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Another thing is rugs. I sometimes have the routing issue with a rug "taking up space" on the floor. Usually, I can have a sim put a child down and then feed them on the floor there. If there was room to set them down, then there should be room to feed them. BUT, if I tell them to feed the child on the floor while they are holding them, then they'll always wander off to a very clear area before setting the toddler on the floor and handing him or her a bottle.
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    I've had that problem before. Nowadays though, I'm rocking several mods from NRAAS. I'm thinking the GoHere tool might help you...

nraas net/community/GoHere
  • minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Another thing is rugs. I sometimes have the routing issue with a rug "taking up space" on the floor. Usually, I can have a sim put a child down and then feed them on the floor there. If there was room to set them down, then there should be room to feed them. BUT, if I tell them to feed the child on the floor while they are holding them, then they'll always wander off to a very clear area before setting the toddler on the floor and handing him or her a bottle.

I actually did have a rug taking up the majority of the floor space in the nursery. After having many other issues with this save I ended up deleting it and decided to start over in a different world. Isla Paradiso is just way too broken to play in, which suck because it's my favorite town. I got a "fixed" version of the world off ModTheSims to replace it so I guess we'll see how that one works for me when I'm ready to go back to that town.
  • minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    I've had that problem before. Nowadays though, I'm rocking several mods from NRAAS. I'm thinking the GoHere tool might help you...

nraas net/community/GoHere

Thanks, if I have the problem in a new save I'll give that a try.