Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The lot sizes in Del Sol Valley are ridiculous

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    I'm still bother at why they still haven't increase the minimum requirements & recommended requirements.
    The system requirements right now is still 2014, you check it here from EA https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-system-requirements/#laptop-mode

EP requirements have increased, though, I think? I believe that started with Cats & Dogs. It's still not gaming-laptop level, mind. Maybe it needs to be higher again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited October 2018
    I didn't read the entire thread yet so this may have been suggested but what about some type of boarding house/hostel/dorm type building with individual living spaces(bedroom with attached bathroom) for sims looking to make it big in the big city. With a laundry room in the basement, shared kitchen, rec room. A library for studying lines or preparing for auditions.
    The most shocking for me is to see people who are okay with this. I mean even if you love TS4 as hell you can't deny that it's ridiculous. Even worlds from Minecraft are bigger. :smiley:

You really need to concern yourself with how you feel about it. You're not buying it, fine. There is no need to judge other people over their decisions.
  • KawixKawix Posts: 5 New Member
    The acting career looks great so far, how other careers could be incorporated is great as well but this really looks like a half finish game. The lots and the buildings are a terrible disappointment, and I really hope since there is some time left that they would at LEAST fix the lots and add a few empty ones in. I also don't like how restricting this game has become, even in the sims 3 I could place empty lots and build...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2018
    To those complaining about the size of this world remember Forgotten Hollow is much smaller and Magnolia Promanade as well.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It came to my mind that it might be because of the terrain tools we can now apply? Maybe they wanted us to have space to play more with that.

Also, they must have predicted we'd want more space since there's not so many lots, so they increased the size. Not ideal, but still. The bills are worrying me too haha
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    To those complaining about the size of this world remember Forgotten Hollow is much smaller and Magnolia Promanade as well.

Oops, not much of a consolation CLP as Forgotton Hollow was a GP world. :) So it was expected to be smaller.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Forgotten Hollow came with a gamepack, this is an expansion. I love the Sims 4, but this is ridiculous and an insult to simmers.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member

Not with that performance issue excuse they're using.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Forgotten Hollow came with a gamepack, this is an expansion. I love the Sims 4, but this is ridiculous and an insult to simmers.

The only thing that's insulting to me is how they're ignoring their occult players.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Oops, not much of a consolation CLP as Forgotton Hollow was a GP world. :) So it was expected to be smaller.

MP was an Expansion World though.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Not with that performance issue excuse they're using.

Couldn't agree more... :/
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

MP was an Expansion World though.

Yes, and people were very angry about that. But that could be explained by the fact that there were three hidden worlds in that pack as well: the two active career worlds and Sixam.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Play with Get Famous? na, mom can I go with you to get a dog or cat?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member

I honestly don't think people shouldn't complain because there were packs released with even less lots than this. I'd even dare to say that giving us packs which included such a small amount of lots, means that they should definitely add a lot more with every future installment to make up for past mistakes.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

Both are the least used and least interesting to me of all the worlds.
    Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, and Newcrest are my favorite worlds. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have never played in Magnolia Promenade. I haven't even set up any community/retail lots there. I don't know why. I just haven't used it. But I really like GTW.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've already decided to put 3 single story homes on the Mirage Park lot (the big one). I want them in an inverted U shape with possibly either a concrete drive in the middle or a pool. I don't want it to look high end. Then I'll either have 3 adults living there or make it a generic lot to serve for skilling at (each house will have different skill stuff). I could also just use one house normally and see how well the other sims fend for themselves.. could be funny.

I think the "huge" lots size is because they knew they were bringing out terrain tools and also that there is a call out for larger lots.
    I do agree though I wish that lower end area had more but smaller lots despite the terrain tools.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I know that we're all disappointed of Del Sol Valley's size in terms of lot numbers, but the lot sizes are also really off. Found this tweet with the different sizes and I really don't know what we're meant to do with especially Mirage Park. The Pinnacles are fine. Starlight boulevard is alright, though I'm personally not a fan of 20x20 and 30x30, since there aren't a lot of those lots on the gallery. Also, why is there a national park in there? I know we can remove it, but I really don't see the point.

That aside, what are we meant to do with Mirage Park? It's meant to be this cheaper area for sims that are just starting out, but the lots are huge. I was really looking forward for some smaller lots for townhouses in the city, maybe 20x15 or 20x30, max, but I really don't see how I could make a townhouse look good on those huge lots. It doesn't make sense at all that sims that are just staring out would live on a huge lot. I've never been to LA, but from what I know, house prices are high and I don't see how that translates into poorer sims living on a huge city lot.

They put a national park because it has little requirements. Imagine having to put a jungle gym in the middle of LA and a bunch of kids hanging out on it.

If you have Seasons you can put a swingset and that fulfills the playground equipment requirement -- I think the monkey bars also does. I'm thinking a formalwear shop with the stylist station at the back for doing makeovers. I use littlemssam's Dress Code lot traits, so my celebrity nightclub might get the formalwear trait (I usually give nightclubs the Partywear except for my bowling alley in San Myshuno).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Bumping this thread ! After reading what people had planned to do with the big lot in Mirage Park, I figured I'd give it a try.

It's still a WIP, I need all 3 houses to have different fundations level, so I need the patch.
    Maybe 3 houses was overkill, should have stopped at two ?

FqKE2lEl.png

The green house is not fenced on one side, I ran out of room. That fence will have to be on the lot next to it.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Bumping this thread ! After reading what people had planned to do with the big lot in Mirage Park, I figured I'd give it a try.

It's still a WIP, I need all 3 houses to have different fundations level, so I need the patch.
    Maybe 3 houses was overkill, should have stopped at two ?

FqKE2lEl.png

The green house is not fenced on one side, I ran out of room. That fence will have to be on the lot next to it.

I’ve tried to make various small houses on one lot before and it doesn’t really work. You can use door locks to try and keep things separate, but in still causes some issues, food that you put in the fridge shows up in all fridges. Sims you aren’t playing don’t always take care of their needs (like if you’re playing a large family) and you spend a lot of time trying to get sims out of red, and if even one of your families has a toddler watch out cause all the adult sims will want to “check on” the toddler all the time.

Still wishing now more then ever that they would’ve given us the option to build apartment buildings/town houses instead of restricting us to the city living shells.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited October 2018
    After watching the Gurus' CAS and Acting LP, it seems that maybe they made the lots so big because they figured we'd be building sets on them. Can't really imagine doing that on a residential lot and will just have to wait and see how "sets" play on community lots. Do other Sims watch your Sim "acting" on a set if it's in a park or a bar?

To be honest, I don't know what to do with all the worlds I have. But then, I'm not a builder. I do, however, love all the wonderful things other Simmers build and I look forward to seeing what people - like @hmae123 - do with DSV.

@catloverplayer I hope the skating rinks are tidier in DSV. The way they get flung into place is just a little tiny bit annoying. :p There's one in Newcrest that's sitting at such an odd angle :# I wish I could delete it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    After watching the Gurus' CAS and Acting LP, it seems that maybe they made the lots so big because they figured we'd be building sets on them. Can't really imagine doing that on a residential lot and will just have to wait and see how "sets" play on community lots. Do other Sims watch your Sim "acting" on a set if it's in a park or a bar?

See that’s another excuse I don’t like. Why assume everyone would wanna use the sets outside of the studio? One big lot over there could have been fine with the rest being smaller :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    If we could make our own apartments Id probably turn that lot into a public housing complex. Good way to get more families living there and move out to better places. I dont know what to do with a lot that size for such an area, and the last thing I wanna do is not make it residential. Sheesh who really thought this was a great idea?