Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are cars and burglars next?

2...Next

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Grant has said cars are off the table. I don’t see burglars for many done to death reasons and I don’t expect them in December, if ever.

He's said they aren't coming this year, not that they're off the table.

I was thinking of the open neighbourhood tweet by Grant, not cars. Whoops.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Looking at the new info on Get Famous and I'm starting to wonder if EA is majorly hinting that burglars and cars are in the works. I mean, the new neighborhood has drive ways galore and a new vault system to keep money in which makes no sense since no one can currently steal from our sims. Hmmm....

Cars possibly sometimes in 2019 as Grant said they haven't made them yet however Burglars I think are very likely to be coming soon maybe in the December Patch.

We're getting a huge new-feature in the November patch. I honestly don't expect another huge new feature in a patch a month later!

I do feel like they've been dropping car hints into packs. Reallllly hope they're working toward something with cars. And reallllly hoping that it's vehicle gameplay not just getting in cars, going somewhere and getting out of them. That seems so pointless to me, and goes against a lot of how Sims 4 has been being developed. #NoBoringCars

Not so sure about burglars. I'm not convinced that adding things that a burglar might want to steal shows any indication of burglars on someone's development list. I mean, we've had big TVs and expensive small statues and whatnot since Day 1. I do hope that if they are planning burglars, they don't steal stuff like built-in dishwashers and that they don't get so repetitive and boring so fast. Also that they tie in to the Kleptomaniac trait and the Criminal career. #NoBoringBurglars

Pixelade says something big is coming in a future update and that it's going to knock our socks off. I don't think he was talking about the November Update. He wasn't allowed to reveal whatever it is but sim campers know.

I'm not trying to be skeptical.. what is big by their definition? Devs team said that the new world is big, but it's an okay size, although the gameplay with the b/b stuffs are something to applause for. I would like to stay positive and I do hope that it is something that really going to really knock us off just like the terrain tool! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Looking at the new info on Get Famous and I'm starting to wonder if EA is majorly hinting that burglars and cars are in the works. I mean, the new neighborhood has drive ways galore and a new vault system to keep money in which makes no sense since no one can currently steal from our sims. Hmmm....

Cars possibly sometimes in 2019 as Grant said they haven't made them yet however Burglars I think are very likely to be coming soon maybe in the December Patch.

We're getting a huge new-feature in the November patch. I honestly don't expect another huge new feature in a patch a month later!

I do feel like they've been dropping car hints into packs. Reallllly hope they're working toward something with cars. And reallllly hoping that it's vehicle gameplay not just getting in cars, going somewhere and getting out of them. That seems so pointless to me, and goes against a lot of how Sims 4 has been being developed. #NoBoringCars

Not so sure about burglars. I'm not convinced that adding things that a burglar might want to steal shows any indication of burglars on someone's development list. I mean, we've had big TVs and expensive small statues and whatnot since Day 1. I do hope that if they are planning burglars, they don't steal stuff like built-in dishwashers and that they don't get so repetitive and boring so fast. Also that they tie in to the Kleptomaniac trait and the Criminal career. #NoBoringBurglars

Pixelade says something big is coming in a future update and that it's going to knock our socks off. I don't think he was talking about the November Update. He wasn't allowed to reveal whatever it is but sim campers know.

I'm not trying to be skeptical.. what is big by their definition? Devs team said that the new world is big, but it's an okay size, although the gameplay with the b/b stuffs are something to applause for. I would like to stay positive and I do hope that it is something that really going to really knock us off just like the terrain tool! :)

Pixelade isn't in the dev team, they're a Sims youtuber who got to go to the sims camp for GF. So they're using the normal definition of "big" not the dev team definition of "big" :)
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png

Pixelade isn't in the dev team, they're a Sims youtuber who got to go to the sims camp for GF. So they're using the normal definition of "big" not the dev team definition of "big" :)

I hope so.. ;)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I'd be astonished if it was something as big as terrain editing, given that that's what got the big reveal. So I don't expect anything like cars or burglars.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I'd be astonished if it was something as big as terrain editing, given that that's what got the big reveal. So I don't expect anything like cars or burglars.

Yeah, the terrain tool is big, at least for me too... so, if it's something "big".. it should be as big as terrain tool.. or bigger? Not sure if they'll drop some hint during the live stream for the acting career this coming Friday..
  • SoapBubbleSoapBubble Posts: 7 New Member
    There's an article on Sims Community about the coming patch and from my understanding, there's one more feature in the coming update (which will be revealed in the Maxis Montly stream) that hasn't been shown yet:

"Please note that we’ve missed out one feature that’s going to be revealed during Maxis Monthly on November 6th. After the reveal on the Maxis Monthly stream we’ll be sharing more information and footage."

Hopefully it's burglars! :smile: (I'm a new member so I can't seem to post a link, sorry!)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited October 2018
    SoapBubble wrote: »
    There's an article on Sims Community about the coming patch and from my understanding, there's one more feature in the coming update (which will be revealed in the Maxis Montly stream) that hasn't been shown yet:

"Please note that we’ve missed out one feature that’s going to be revealed during Maxis Monthly on November 6th. After the reveal on the Maxis Monthly stream we’ll be sharing more information and footage."

Hopefully it's burglars! :smile: (I'm a new member so I can't seem to post a link, sorry!)

Here's the link.

I doubt it's burglars. If anything, it's something else he added for the terrain or some other techie thing he discovered. He said it isn't something we should get too excited about.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    What I really want to know is will the terrain tool have a water tool for ponds and lakes.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    What I really want to know is will the terrain tool have a water tool for ponds and lakes.

In the stream, they said not right now.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    This is Graham quote:
    "No, vehicles are not coming in Get Famous, or at any point in the near future."

Sadly they are not working on vehicles and not anytime soon.

If memory serves me right, they pulled this same stunt with toddlers so I don't know if I have much faith in what they claim to be the truth anymore. I also remember hearing that terrain tools weren't coming in the Sims 4 and yet here we are.

They have never told us that toddlers and terrain tools weren't coming. You probably heard rumors that were generated by simmers.

I'm sorry, but when the picture of the toddler from that EA execs family surfaced along with the CAS assets in game they denied, denied, and DENIED it was anything more than just a base for that picture that was to be a one and done thing. That wasn't a rumor, it was something EA said themselves. https://simsvip.com/2016/08/29/rumor-sims-4-modders-find-evidence-toddlers-game-files/ This was in August 2016 and toddlers were released in the January 2017 patch, so they knew they were coming which to me sounds like a lie.

Now on to terrain tools. Couldn't find where they outright denied it being possible, but I do remember them saying it would be hard to implement at some point which became almost synonymous with "we won't do it" over time, so maybe that's where I got it from.
  • iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    I think they're gonna pull a "Toddlers patch" on us with NPC Burglars and Police and stuff for the November patch (I can't imagine anyone even paying for that in a pack). They might even go as far as having the Police pull up in a car but not being able to interact with it? Idk
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    From the Sims Community article linked above:

“...[SimGuruGhost] said that while he was working on the new tool there’s another awesome feature he made (which you shouldn’t be too excited about). However, both SimGuruGhost and SimGuruRomeo confirmed that they’re very excited to reveal it.”

So we’re not supposed to get excited for this mysterious unnamed feature, but it’s ok if the gurus are? I don’t get it.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

“...[SimGuruGhost] said that while he was working on the new tool there’s another awesome feature he made (which you shouldn’t be too excited about). However, both SimGuruGhost and SimGuruRomeo confirmed that they’re very excited to reveal it.”

So we’re not supposed to get excited for this mysterious unnamed feature, but it’s ok if the gurus are? I don’t get it.

It's probably just another gallery update.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's probably just another gallery update.

Well there is another gallery update coming before the end of the year but I think that will be in December.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    This is Graham quote:
    "No, vehicles are not coming in Get Famous, or at any point in the near future."

Sadly they are not working on vehicles and not anytime soon.

If memory serves me right, they pulled this same stunt with toddlers so I don't know if I have much faith in what they claim to be the truth anymore. I also remember hearing that terrain tools weren't coming in the Sims 4 and yet here we are.

They have never told us that toddlers and terrain tools weren't coming. You probably heard rumors that were generated by simmers.

I'm sorry, but when the picture of the toddler from that EA execs family surfaced along with the CAS assets in game they denied, denied, and DENIED it was anything more than just a base for that picture that was to be a one and done thing. That wasn't a rumor, it was something EA said themselves. https://simsvip.com/2016/08/29/rumor-sims-4-modders-find-evidence-toddlers-game-files/ This was in August 2016 and toddlers were released in the January 2017 patch, so they knew they were coming which to me sounds like a lie.

Now on to terrain tools. Couldn't find where they outright denied it being possible, but I do remember them saying it would be hard to implement at some point which became almost synonymous with "we won't do it" over time, so maybe that's where I got it from.

They never said that toddlers weren't coming.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I really hope they patch in burglars, police, and firemen, but at this point I doubt it.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif