Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts on the new info?

phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
So the embargo has lifted and between the numerous videos we can piece together the majority of what is in the pack.

My question is what are you excited for and what are you disappointment in. Also if you are trying to avoid learning new info to keep the pack fresh....spoilers.

For me:

1) The world is great imo. The attention to detail and the style is just really fantastic. Especially the pinnacles. I can't wait to see the world in 4k HD. Those hilltop homes have got to be some of the coolest lots we have ever gotten. The cons of this however are there are only 11 lots. To some that is extremely disappointing and I can understand why. People need more space and sims 4 kind of holds space hostage at times. I think if the devs released another newcrest type world it make people more at ease. Personally I'm willing to sacrifice space for style but that's a personal preference. Speaking of style, its my personal opinion that this might be the best world we have ever received stylistically. I'd say Brindleton comes close to beating it out, but the country vibe isn't my scene.

2) The acting career looks great too. Its got a lot of options. The multiple agencies give this cool choice about what kind of actor you want to be. You get paid a ton even for TV shows, so it really allows you to play how you want. Cons might be that its very much like get to work (there are some differences), so if you hated that you probably won't like this either.

3) The new build/buy is actually something I'm really looking forward to. The new mid-century styles are fantastic, combined with bowling night you can finally make a full fledged chic home (which I WILL BE DOING). The glamor sets are also fairly nice. Cons-these things all look very highly stylized, and even if they look good and can fit into some builds I don't think they will be appropriate for most builds. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing but it is somewhat of a con.
Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
JOVa2Sn.jpg

Post edited by phantom121294 on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I'm disappointed that the world is only 11 lots. It looks good as always, but most of it is set dressing, sadly.

The CAS is alright. I'm not too keen on all the items, but there are some that I'd use for my sims.

I like how the acting career is done. I did suggest having a gig system sometime ago, and this is similar to how I imagined it. :) If only it weren't restricted to acting jobs, though.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I'm not too thrilled they used the term "actress" for a female sim.. I think the aspiration for *either* gender should have been Master Actor-because the term "actress" is almost never used these days.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    I like
    - the acting career (if it's not glitchy like the GTW careers)
    - the look of the world
    - the mid-century build items that remind me of my favorite TS3 store sets
    - surprisingly the male hairstyles
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I like the new male hairstyle with the shaved sides a lot. The new female hairstyles are cute too, especially the ponytail and short one.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm pretty excited for the vault, and the rest of it seems okay... But, I'm pretty disappointed with the number of the residential lots.. Seems like, not everyone can be famous & live there.. Although, I must admit that the scenery is beautiful..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    The amount of lots in this new world are definitely disappointing. And I'm not too excited about the B&B items either, it's just ok to me, nothing I've seen thus far, that I've previously mentioned, which I believe are essential components, would compel me to immediately pay for this pack.

If this was just a game pack, I could understand its value. I don't think a movie theater, which should be included & something we've been asking for since Movie Hangout, is present in this game. Beaches are not included as well... I'm not into celebrities, so I'm in no rush to buy this. :/
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2018
    The acting career will be a welcome addition and I like how the fame system works.
    The world could have been better, but I think I see how I will use it now. I might enjoy it.

I will probably not explore it with my current sims since they are too early in their lives.
    I will test it out on another save.

[Edit]
    Now that I think about it, I will probably give it a test run on a different save and then come back to my current game and perhaps establish a few celebrities of my own for my younger sims to become fanatical about.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm really excited about ... probably everything ?
    The clothes (the costumes !) are great, the world is pretty, but really, the gameplay ? Amazing. The reputation (which, not enough info on), the video stuff (the drones ! the editing station !), and all that without even touching the fame system & actor career.
    The new trait sounds like just my kind of trait (people should play more negative traits. All sims should have at least 1).
    I haven't seen a lot of buy mode yet but I will most likely love it (we can have sharks ? I want a shark !)

I am not really disappointed by anything. The starter neighborhood is small but I don't think many of my sims will move to Del Sol, so it's a moot point for me. And really what I wanted was new gameplay for my existing families, and I will definitely get that.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    And the acting career is just a check list ala Get to Work and auditions are rabbit holes?

There are no words...
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Well, what can I say?

It follows the typical Sims 4 trend.. lot's of deco and backdrops but no real substance or replay value.

Even Iron Seagull mentioned he seen it all after 4 hours of playing, so that says enough about how ''deep'' and ''broad'' the pack is going to be.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of their videos yet because I'm at work, but I do appreciate Iron Seagull's honesty when it comes to his opinions!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    And the acting career is just a check list ala Get to Work and auditions are rabbit holes?

There are no words...

Acoording to the video by Sims Community, everything in the acting career can be seen and managed, also the auditions. Looked really great to me.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

There are no words...

Yeah, I was never a fan of the checklist careers, recently made a sim quit the science career because of how tedious it became. I think I'm more excited about the self-employment feature. I may have one sim become an actor but the rest will have to use other means. The fame system, in general, however, seems like it could be interesting. That along with the new video skill - I might have a sim host a cooking show/vlog.
  • ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    Del Sol Valley looks stunning! The attention to detail is astonishing and I'm so happy that the surroundings houses are so close to each other as opposed to, for instance, the houses In Willow Creek. I am disappointed that it only comes with 3 neighborhoods and 11 lots in total and there should've been more than 3 houses on the hill because 3 is just not enough :/
    KbhKf88.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm disappointed in the world, but the rest of it looks cool so far! I can't wait for my heir to to become famous!
  • flowerceremonyflowerceremony Posts: 17 Member
    From what I've seen so far, the mid-century inspired build/buy items are amazing! I'm not generally much of a builder but I'm excited to play around with those items.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018

There are no words...

Acoording to the video by Sims Community, everything in the acting career can be seen and managed, also the auditions. Looked really great to me.

The auditions were a rabbit hole. You can prepare for it but several youtubers have said it doesn’t matter if you don’t have say the skill level required but you stand a better chance of getting the part.

Edit to add: the sims community video shows it’s a rabbit hole, the sim leaves the lot for the audition amd you get a pop up telling you if you passed or not.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Excited for
    The New World Del Sol Valley especially the Pennticles and the Starlight Area. I love the waterfalls and blinking palm trees in the Starlight Location.

The Money Vault.

The Golden Bathroom Objects toilet,shower,sink and tub.

The New Beds and especially the Dream Pod.

The pond that lets you have sharks,coy fish and pirannahs.

The acting career.

New woohoo location the money vault.

Dissapointed about
    Career is invisible on the map like GTW lots

No way to get to the beach.

Only 11 lots in the new world

No Photobooths are actual cinemas

Rv,Celeb Trailers and Limo are just decor and can't be woohooed in.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm not too thrilled they used the term "actress" for a female sim.. I think the aspiration for *either* gender should have been Master Actor-because the term "actress" is almost never used these days.
    An actress is the female equvailiant of actor.It doesn't matter. Just Latina is the female equivalent of Latino. It may not be as use as much as more .It still is a word to describe female actors .
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Well, what can I say?

It follows the typical Sims 4 trend.. lot's of deco and backdrops but no real substance or replay value.

Even Iron Seagull mentioned he seen it all after 4 hours of playing, so that says enough about how ''deep'' and ''broad'' the pack is going to be.

Yeah this sums it up for me. Set dressing aplenty. World the same size as a game pack and one new career (the other is getting patched in) that sounds too similar to GTW for me. I’ll pass. It’s not worth it to me.

And a toilet statue? Really? What is with EA’s obsession with toilets? Subconscious message what they think of the series?

The influencer career is not getting patch in.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Remembered more: excited for scars. I've honestly been wanting them for so long.

Also curious about the music station. Less than the video station because I already use the DJ booth for something similar but hopefully it will have new interesting gameplay (but the animations are already the same, so cautious on that one).
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    The world itself is pretty, but I'm very disappointed it only has 11 lots. I'm going to have to pretend that Oasis Springs is a really close suburb to it now and change some of the lots there around.

I do however LOVE the acting career. I like how there are different agencies and how you have to audition for gigs instead of just getting sent to the acting lot to do jobs. Makes it more realistic since I can now have a sim who maybe excels in doing action movies since they have a higher physical skill while they won't really be cast in romance dramas because they have a lower charisma skill. It's also really detailed which is nice.

The build/buy mode is awesome too. I think I'll use it to create a Crystal Tokyo inspired home in Windenburg.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    That's really diluted... Should have been a GP. I think LGR will make us laugh.
    Lu4ERme.gif