Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley world size is disappointing

Comments

• xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »

You can read all tweets on SimsVip, Kate says that not all future worlds will be small.

What I don't understand however is how the number of lots affects the game performance when only one lot is loaded at the same time.
    And if the game is already getting too big, how can it continue for three more years?

True. Why add more packs to the game?
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Lame. Maybe it'll effect your "performance" if you're playing on a toaster. :D
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    bixters wrote: »

Yeah that's not a valid excuse... I think it was just rushed to be on sale in November.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I had very high expectations for this EP but if this is the normal size for all future worlds I am done buying packs. Seriously, it is time to just say enough is enough. I will continue to play the game but I am not going to continue to buy inferior unfinished content. If EA wants anymore of my money then they are going to have to step up and earn my trust back because I am done.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member

Well I play on a MacBook, they kinda suck video games wise, so I'm concerned about performance. However other players have great gaming computers, they shouldn't be penalized either. That being said, my old white plastic MacBook could run TS3 (barely, but still) and the worlds were much bigger.
    Dianesims wrote: »

Well I play on a MacBook, they kinda suck video games wise, so I'm concerned about performance. However other players have great gaming computers, they shouldn't be penalized either. That being said, my old white plastic MacBook could run TS3 (barely, but still) and the worlds were much bigger.

I understand that some players don't have the money to buy a more expensive computer, and I think it's great that the Sim's team accommodates for them. However, I just don't think their reasons are valid. I can see how Seasons or Cats & Dogs would be tough on an older computer, but adding in a couple more lots to a world? I don't think that would break the game. I was just trying to highlight how ridiculous their excuse is, not criticize users with lower end computers.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

That's really sad. The November patch will change the world selection window to make the worlds smaller which looks like an indicator to me that we'll get a few more worlds. But apparently we shouldn't expect more than a few lots because it might lag? Oof.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I'm worse then.. :D I play with the MacBook Air.. totally not a gaming laptop.. But, I can play TS4 quite well with a medium setting.. I have all the EP, GP (except Dine Out), & quite a number of SP.. So, I'm not entirely sure why it has to be one of the excuses that we're getting a small world.. Totally disappointed.. :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

That's really sad. The November patch will change the world selection window to make the worlds smaller which looks like an indicator to me that we'll get a few more worlds. But apparently we shouldn't expect more than a few lots because it might lag? Oof.

Yeah.. I was wondering about that too.. Don't tell me that we're going to have lots of world, but it could be only 4 Lots like the Magnolia Promenade or 5 Lots like the Forgotten Hollow? It's better being a GP than the EP. :/

I appreciate that this pack comes with a new game play (new active career + fame & reputation system + social system + lots of b/b stuff), but, I'm very disappointed with the whole new world.. I just need to get more info during the next live stream... :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    edited October 2018

I understand that some players don't have the money to buy a more expensive computer, and I think it's great that the Sim's team accommodates for them. However, I just don't think their reasons are valid. I can see how Seasons or Cats & Dogs would be tough on an older computer, but adding in a couple more lots to a world? I don't think that would break the game. I was just trying to highlight how ridiculous their excuse is, not criticize users with lower end computers.

Why do you think their response is ridiculous? I'm also wondering why there were so few lots and if it's not a question of performance then what could it be? 🤔
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2018
    More and more, I suspect that GF was originally intended to be a game pack. It seems as if EA has been doing some on the fly repackaging in response to community complaints.

That's my unsolicited two cents. ::shrug::

ETA: I'm all for restructuring the release of content -- if that is what GF signifies. It's a new beginning that can lead to so much more down the line. The tons of SPs and GPs weren't cutting it.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    More and more, I suspect that GF was originally intended to be a game pack. It seems as if EA has been doing some on the fly repackaging in response to community complaints.

Yeah I'm sure it was supposed to be a GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited October 2018

Yep. My (wild) speculation is that, recently, they've been taking the time to consolidate material that were originally intended for SPs and GPs. When they're done with that, I hope that they continue to manufacture content that was meant to be EPs from the start.

In my opinion, of course, TS4 was much too dependent on releases of SPs and GPs. I hope that this is the beginning of an era of EPs that bring more content and complete themes. Hopefully, this means no more Seasons that are missing summer content or Pets EPs that only consist of cats and dogs.

I'm trying to believe that this will lead to an improvement in the way that content is released from now on. ::crosses fingers::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Map is for GP... It is what a lot people says, that Get Famous is GP no or EP...
    I bet it started production as a game pack and got bumped to expansion with the team shuffle to get a expansion out before Christmas.
    It seems as if @SimGuruNinja was lead on it and he's lead on game packs which explains having no game pack since Jungle Chance Cards.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018

Yep. My (wild) speculation is that, recently, they've been taking the time to consolidate material that were originally intended for SPs and GPs. When they're done with that, I hope that they continue to manufacture content that was meant to be EPs from the start.

In my opinion, of course, TS4 was much too dependent on releases of SPs and GPs. I hope that this is the beginning of an era of EPs that bring more content and complete themes. Hopefully, this means no more Seasons that are missing summer content or Pets EPs that only consist of cats and dogs.

I'm trying to believe that this will lead to an improvement in the way that content is released from now on. ::crosses fingers::

Agreed.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Map is for GP... It is what a lot people says, that Get Famous is GP no or EP...
    I bet it started production as a game pack and got bumped to expansion with the team shuffle to get a expansion out before Christmas.
    It seems as if @SimGuruNinja was lead on it and he's lead on game packs which explains having no game pack since Jungle Chance Cards.

And agreed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I pre-ordered, and as soon as I saw how small the map was I am filled with regret. Ugh, the world is gorgeous, no doubt about that. But only 6 residential lots? Seriously? l can only hope gameplay will make up for the lack of world size, but I will never pre-order again.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    sims team: "hey guys we're going to cut back all on the dlc from now on because there's so much content in ts4 wow also we'll keep it going for 3 more years and charge full price for everything because you guys are sheep and will buy anything we sell, haha"

I'm so upset by all this. I'm definitely not getting this pack unless it's FOR LESS than 50% off.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

ETA: I'm all for restructuring the release of content -- if that is what GF signifies. It's a new beginning that can lead to so much more down the line. The tons of SPs and GPs weren't cutting it.

I was talking about this earlier at the forums:

- small world barely larger than selvadorada, a gamepack
    - 2 'expansions' in one year, something they've never done
    - extreme focus, like a gamepack
    - using the system from vampires, another gamepack

it's like, they just added a few more items and hairs so they could charge DOUBLE.
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    sims team: "hey guys we're going to cut back all on the dlc from now on because there's so much content in ts4 wow also we'll keep it going for 3 more years and charge full price for everything because you guys are sheep and will buy anything we sell, haha"

I'm so upset by all this. I'm definitely not getting this pack unless it's FOR LESS than 50% off.

Same, just doesn't worth it. I prefer spend my money on games where producers are passionate of games and work hard.
    Lu4ERme.gif

it's like, they just added a few more items and hairs so they could charge DOUBLE.

Yes.

Due to what I've seen, I'm almost always pessimistic about TS4. Yet, for some reason, this time, I'm thinking that this can be a positive thing.

My fervent hope is that they decided to mash together what they had pending and, from now on, packs will be dedicated EPs from conception. EPs that are as full and comprehensive as what nearly two decades of this series has led the community to expect from The Sims brand.

If I'm wrong, though... ::sigh::

I truly hope that I'm correct about GF being a symptom of hasty restructuring, not a blatant attempt at shilling a longstanding fan base. Because with the copious SPs and GPs, and inadequate EPs, the shilling was already happening.

EA, please let GF be a last gasp of that un- Sim worthy marketing and release strategy that TS4 launched with. Please.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018

They have. Get to Work and Get Together released the same year.

I don't mind the focus, I quite like it and I think it fits with this pack theme. There's a lot that a Superstar/Fame pack can include.

But it is unfortunate that the number of lots is so little and the features don't seem to be completely new.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018

Why do you think their response is ridiculous? I'm also wondering why there were so few lots and if it's not a question of performance then what could it be? 🤔

Console. ETA: We all know they test an EP or GP with the base game only, not with everything installed and never have. So, how could a world with just the base be too much for the base and an EP to load? That reason doesn't actually hold water.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    disappointed but not surprised

I just don't see why adding a couple of lots to the map would have effected the performance that much. There is even empty space on the map where they could have added it. I think they may have just ran out of time and didn't have time to add in the extra lots.