Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island GP Preferred Feature

RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
If Tropical Island is released as a game pack and can only focus on a specific game play feature, which feature would you prefer them to focus on?

ETA I didn't put beaches and mermaids together because I'm interested in seeing what people want more, but admittedly mermaids wouldn't make much sense without swimmable oceans.

Tropical Island GP Preferred Feature 162 votes

Scuba Diving - Like the jungle in Jungle Adventure but underwater
12%
storyyTiarellaSnuffyBucketmock68dragonfreakFRENZIIrambahadoerSigzy05dizzydee_kMDianaSimsFanPhoriaLouise_G0325comicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishthatsnotswegsuperkyle221Henrique270DBClaytonx4m1r4RememberJoy 20 votes
Swimmable Oceans - Beaches which allow a sim to swim, surf, and snorkel
41%
Akl500PicmnfrshLaBlue0314xbecky685xaelias24Isb917keekee53elanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83luthienrisinggoodcakebaker62marcel21JassieteacakeFelisha13CrimsonrainJennyggashcrash19SPARKY1922Briel24 67 votes
Owning a Hotel - Design, build, and run everything from a small B&B to a resort
25%
TheStarHermitmaxout122aprilrosejeLlyBeAn1573ManderMurduhTvldivaSimburiankokoro80friendlysimmersg01denswantaydevpapertongueGrandRailLissyK9floridameerkatlenorcaMayotje007millerolsenBreazonaloutredor 41 votes
Mermaids - A new life state fully fleshed out like vampires
17%
Ayradyssalejandro15039GoeguSjofnsafersaviourVuloriSimmerific94annaliese39Cassandra52182JuiceboxQueenMaggieMarleyluxsylvanMiguelDiogoJon the WizardBrinnSheepilingEricasFreePlayGeckogamespinneduphairAshtontoAshton22 29 votes
Other - Please leave a comment
3%
Bagoas77alanmichael1Cynel1CupidListentoToppDogg 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Getting a Tan even if you don't have seasons
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2018
    I like the idea of swimming on holiday. This would definitely be specific to this pack because they aren't going to go back and recode the waters in the other worlds.
    Of course with beaches, you need the ability to tan or burn. These two ideas go hand in hand. ;)

I really don't care for playable Mermaids. It seems pointless if you can't play them in any world. I would love to see them in game as interactable NPCs though that could offer gifts or be downright nasty critters. >:) Maybe Mermaid could be a temporary status like Skeletons or PlantSims.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    All tough choices, honestly!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    I voted for ocean swimming but I'd also like scuba diving, out of that list. On "other" I have only limited interest in a tropical vacation pack. Much more interest a pack with residential lots in it. No interest at all in resort owning.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I voted for ocean swimming but I'd also like scuba diving, out of that list. On "other" I have only limited interest in a tropical vacation pack. Much more interest a pack with residential lots in it. No interest at all in resort owning.

I'd also love an island world my sims could live in.
    If the pack featured either hotel owning or mermaids, it probably wouldn't be a vacation game pack as your sims would need to live on the island for those things to work well.
    If we could get as expansion pack with all of the above, I'd be elated. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen. :(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Definitely the oceans. Boats would be fun too. We can't have houseboats like we did in Sims 3 but it would be great to have rowing boats, motor boats, paddle boats etc in the communal areas.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd prefer for it to not be tropical at all.

All the things listed would fit in a non-tropical beach pack.
    Why does it have to be tropical in theme, why can't it just be a seaside holiday?

Surfing is what I'd like to see. I don't think it's been done before.

Surfing around here looks a lot like this:
    be9e1feb304fd0241f6ef892f7a4826d.gif
    Wetsuits are often worn to keep you warm when surfing all year round, or to protect from the sun, cos you don't wanna look like a lobster at the end of the day. And yes, dolphins often come to the party.

giphy.gif

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    If Tropical Island is going to be released, it will be great if the tropical island looks like this...
    maldives-by-air.jpg
    Maldives.. with lots of lagoon.. and probably seaplane too..
    And scuba diving sounds interesting because the Sims could probably own a license and starts exploring shipwrecks..
    It will be an added bonus if the Sims can own a villa too..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Or you could opt for non-tropical southern Australia

ADL.18009.18881.005.jpg?itok=IXavK1bD

heroImage.img.jpg

10241-CoffinBay_1-Large.jpg

• Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    It's impossible to choose between beach swimming and running a hotel. Those would both be equally awesome!
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

You're right, it wouldn't necessarily have to be tropical. It could be fun to try a different beach location to make it different from the sims 3. I'd be down for that.
    If they choose to focus on scuba diving, the Sim's version of the Great Barrier Reef would be an excellent choice.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Swimable oceans for sure. But I really would want to own and run a hotel as well so that is a close second.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    Mermaids - A new life state fully fleshed out like vampires
    I said mermaids because I want properly fleshed out mermaids a lot. But, having said that, I don’t think that they could do mermaids as well as vampires in an EP. They completely botched mermaids in TS3 because they threw them in with Island paradise and they were a real afterthought. So, really I’d like a mermaids GP so that they could get the proper vampire treatment.

My second choice would be scuba diving.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Not particularly fussed about owning/running a hotel, but I would like to see hotels make a comeback.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    All of the above, actually! Scuba diving would be a welcome addition if the underwater exploration's fun to do more than once; in TS3 I got bored after one sim exhausted all the possibilities (no repeat value for me).

Surfing would be fantastic! I agree with Movotti, we've never had that, that I can remember.

I'd love to have hotels, though I've no interest in running them.

What would a mermaid life-state look like, if it followed the Vampire gp model? I liked the idea, but didn't find them adding much to my game in TS3. Might be more useful/fun to have Sirens, with their singing & enticement abilities.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Surfing was done in TS3, just not in a normal beach sort of way.
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68066

If I remember correctly, it is used mostly in pools, but you had to manipulate it to use it in beach areas. It's been forever since I tried to use it so don't quote me on that.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Surfing was done in TS3, just not in a normal beach sort of way.
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68066

If I remember correctly, it is used mostly in pools, but you had to manipulate it to use it in beach areas. It's been forever since I tried to use it so don't quote me on that.

You can normally place it on beach areas. It's actually one of my favorite store sets. It would be nice if we could see it return and maybe even have a separate Surfing skill.

The poll is a tough choice since multiple items are in my wishlist, but I went with swimmable oceans because it's thematically appropriate. Hotels can come in a different vacation pack.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

You're right, it wouldn't necessarily have to be tropical. It could be fun to try a different beach location to make it different from the sims 3. I'd be down for that.
    That's a point I like to make.
    Swimable beaches do not have to be tropical

If they choose to focus on scuba diving, the Sim's version of the Great Barrier Reef would be an excellent choice.
    that's a bit too tropical.

The Abrolhos, off the coast of south western Australia would be a better source of inspiration.

120707122217img_3021.jpg

They need to take the unexpected path, when developing new packs. Don't do exactly the same things that have been done before. Have an island pack based on the Outer Hebrides. Have an English seaside holiday pack. Have a Greek islands cruise pack. The tropics have been done, it's time for something new!

• Options

They need to take the unexpected path, when developing new packs. Don't do exactly the same things that have been done before. Have an island pack based on the Outer Hebrides. Have an English seaside holiday pack. Have a Greek islands cruise pack. The tropics have been done, it's time for something new!

I was tempted to suggest an English seaside destination the other day but then I remembered that most summers in recent memory have not been nearly as good as the one we had this year, and sims might not be able to get enough use out of the beaches if the player has Seasons installed ;)
  • Options

I was tempted to suggest an English seaside destination the other day but then I remembered that most summers in recent memory have not been nearly as good as the one we had this year, and sims might not be able to get enough use out of the beaches if the player has Seasons installed ;)

Perhaps if they're to add swimable beaches, they could also add a new trait: Blood of a fish, willing and able to go swimming in the sea, regardless of the weather.
  • Options

Perhaps if they're to add swimable beaches, they could also add a new trait: Blood of a fish, willing and able to go swimming in the sea, regardless of the weather.

There's that Seasons tradition Polar bear plunge - it would fit right in. Like those people who go swimming in the sea on Boxing Day!
  • Options
    lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    This was a really cool concept TS3 had came out with that unfortunately was ruined by the routing issues in Isla Paradasio. I doubt they'd bring this back in the Tropical Vacation GP if they do it but I do hope they consider working on this for a future EP.
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    None of the above sound interesting to me but I have no suggestion in place of "other"
    I'm just really hoping it won't be a vacation world, though I know it likely will be
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would prefer a hotel, scuba diving ANd swimmable oceans. I doubt we ever get all these in sims 4. But the hotels sounds most promising because we could also use this in other vacation destinations. And my sims are in need of a more luxurious vacation accommodation.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    edited October 2018
    Definitely hotels, although I can't really see them in a tropical island pack. Maybe in a pack without a world, like Dine Out.
    moss