Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When watching a CAS Video, do you prefer the sim to have...

I'm hoping to make some CAS Videos and want to know what people mainly look for as far as items/clothing used in the CAS Video.

Thank you in advance for your input!! :smile:

When watching a CAS Video, do you prefer the sim to have... 76 votes

Only Base Game Items/Clothing
3%
Sid1701D9luxsylvanXareyahhh 3 votes
Expansion, Game, or Stuff pack Items/Clothing (Potentially Base Game mixed in as well)
47%
EvvieSimmerIcewolfLaBlue0314HowGreatThouArtMjstsmPPlayerSinger2010VibsesennawalesThunderbat87mommysimmerKirbySkywalkerstehlampeorangehippogrifflittlemissgogoSimmerMarsfiercephoenix91LatinaBunnycheifeagleeyeScribHermitgirl 36 votes
Custom Content Items/Clothing
5%
Bagoas77LiELFgummybear0724DBClayton 4 votes
Any Items/Clothing! I don't have a preference either way
43%
tams2578icmnfrshjoelygirlsims2BloosmooMeteoraStormStrangerthansimgirl1010Elegantblkchina1ladybreidJennyggChelleJokittymeowLoriTSpTrashmagicracheljohnstoncatmando830Internal_ChaospoliceofficerswifeBreazonamusteni 33 votes

Comments

• Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    You don't have an option for what I prefer: anything in game BG, EP, GP, SP, whatever, just no CC. :)
  • Options
    LittleMissLimosLittleMissLimos Posts: 26 Member
    @Modifien That would be the second option, sorry I didn't make that clearer!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    but when there is CC I like when the videos tell you where to get them :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Expansion, Game, or Stuff pack Items/Clothing (Potentially Base Game mixed in as well)
    I do not use CC so I always look for NoCC. I have most of the packs so using a mixture of packs is fine for me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Custom Content Items/Clothing
    I usually only watch CAS videos for the custom content showcase. I prefer Maxis Match cc and I'm always on the lookout for period clothing and fantasy styles, which can be difficult to find.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Anything but CC works for me. *shrugs*
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Admittedly I don't watch many. There are some simmers though that can put together base game and all the DLC outfits that I never would have thought of... and wouldn't mind some tips there as I don't use CC unless it's very niche and that's only for a short time.
    If you do a video with CC though maybe don't do it with too many different sources at one time and be sure to provide links of where to get it.
    Maybe you could try a mix of possibilities? I just checked off what I'm likely to watch.. I doubt it's the most popular.. I bet CC videos are.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I only use what I have in the base game and packs I own when I go into CAS.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I haven't watched any of them in a long while, but when I do, I like to see everything but CC since I don't use any.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay I probably shouldn't have voted because I don't watch CAS videos, but I imagined myself if I did. I have most packs so that makes no difference to me. What I would be most interested in would be focus on molding the sim in details (in which the clothing style wouldn't matter) or potentially maxis matched cc if I decided to add some to my game.

Actually @LiELF do you happen to know CAS videos with period/fantasy clothing? I would like to check some out, especially if they're maxis match.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Any kind of items/clothing. Base game, EP, cc. For cc, though, I rarely watch alpha create a sims.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I don't have a real preference except I don't like overly alpha styles.

@luimistelija not a cas video but here's a really good resource for period clothing and more. (http://historychallengecc.tumblr.com)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I do like looking at CAS videos. Only gripe is related to using CC if no one bother's to give links to what the said CC is being used. (Any CC shopping videos is always Maxis match))

I love ones just using clothing from base game and packs, as I really enjoy the clothing that comes in packs and you can get real creative with a lot of it. I played around a lot of the in-game clothing and the combos are great. Especially when it helps build what kind of personality your sim might have just based off just what they wear.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    I don't watch a lot of CAS videos but I prefer with no CC. Sometimes an item breaks after a patch or the link stops working or the creator of the objects removes it from their website and finding said object becomes very difficult and impossible (had this happen to me a few times).
    KbhKf88.png