Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clanbuilding for Dummies: now with the last two chapters!

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Just a quick note that I've updated the format on all previous chapters. Having the comic pages within the posts really does work better. New chapter coming on Friday! Thanks for reading. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited January 2019
    Chapter 7 is now up!

http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/01/25/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-7/

This week, Elliot and his two-member clan brave the dangerously sunny GeekCon in an attempt to win a sparkling new TV. (Kyle, it seems, broke the old one just by looking at it.) There's also a glimpse into what Miss H and the Vatore siblings have been up to. Thanks for reading!
    Post edited by katrinasforest on
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Fun chapter. I would've told Miss H to f herself but I'm guessing she has some kind of master's power/influence over Caleb? Or she has something on him? (just my impression and speculation here.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    edited January 2019
    @NyteRose Thanks!

You're pretty close, actually.

Miss H doesn't have direct control over him yet, but Caleb knows she might in the near future. So it's more that he would rather not make an enemy of her. He doesn't feel the need to prove his strength like she does, so he's fine with letting her go on her little power trips and doing his own thing when it suits him.

Of course, if she really pushes him beyond what he can tolerate, he'll fight back hard, master or not. :)
    Hi, everyone! New chapter just posted:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/02/01/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-8/

Elliot discovers that it's never a good thing to come home and find Vladislaus Straud in your living room and gets the info on his clan requirements. He really, really doesn't want to lose this competition.
    Next chapter will post a bit early next week, as it will be a Valentine's Day special. (Or, rather, an anti-Valentine's Day special, courtesy of Lexi.)

I snapped a couple fun pics while I was taking the screenshots for it and couldn't resist sharing them:

First is a completely non-canon pic of Lexi and Lilith being best buds and taking a picture together:
    BonusPic1.jpg

Second is Elliot taking what has to be the saddest-looking Sim selfie of all time:
    BonusPic2.jpg

Granted, he is gloomy, but sometimes he just takes it to extremes.
    The Deadly Love Day special is now up! Hope you guys enjoy!
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Yes! I couldn't wait anymore. I wish to see more of your Vlad, he cracks me up.
    Miss H is too much... can you say, power tripping?
    Short but fun.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    @katrinasforest I am loving this story! :smiley: And I really like the comic book approach. It works well.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, @SiliClone! Vlad has definitely been keeping an eye on events. I don't know yet exactly which chapter he'll re-appear in, but he's still a major player in the story, for sure.

@NyteRose Yeah, Miss H likes to put everyone in their places. Or at least try to. Glad you're enjoying it!

@GlacierSnow Thank you! Appreciate the feedback. :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Loved the latest chapter. Lexi looks great. XD
    @simscognito Thanks! I'm glad you think so.
    Chapter 11 is now up! :)
    Poor Elliot...suckered into an awful deal...and his store obviously getting robbed at the end. And Kyle more worried about fish! Slap that boy upside the head with a 2×4 to knock some sense into him, lol.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    So funny! I love how you poke fun at how things work in the sims, like the plant grafting and the weirdly chosen prices for things. Eliot and his friends crack me up.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @NyteRose @GlacierSnow Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying it.
    Hi, everyone! Got a small update this week... I entered the SimLit Short Story contest with a mini-chapter from Kyle's POV:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/04/05/everybody-needs-a-fool-sometimes-april-simfic-challenge/

Because none of my fictional characters fit the definition of fool better than Kyle. :)

I'll have a full chapter up next week. Thanks for reading!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited April 2019
    I've been following this story for a few months now and JUST realized you had a thread here for it.

I love your sense of humor!! Your characters are hilarious.

also oh my god did they just accidentally make ambrosia??

amazing

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    @Magdaleena Thank you! That's so encouraging to hear. :)

And, yep, that's exactly what they did. Every once in a while, Kyle pulls off something so crazy, it actually works.
    Chapter 12 is up! This was actually posted on Friday like it was supposed to be--I just forgot to post it here. I'll blame it on Kyle. :)
    That Miss H... stake her power-hungry a** already. Feel sorry for Caleb and Allie.
    @NyteRose Yeah, I took the Evil trait and kinda went with it. ^_^ Caleb and Allie will get their moment, but it's not going to come easy.
    Chapter 13 is up: http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/04/26/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-13/

Jade, along with Alex Goth and Max Villareal, spy on Elliot's bakery and overhear stuff they probably shouldn't. Also, Lily Feng shows up in her vampire form. :)