Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you already planning new lots for Get Famous?

Are you already planning new lots for Get Famous? 88 votes

Yes, I’m building and downloading from the gallery
17%
Dannydanbostilljustme2catloverplayerduhboy2u2J3SS1C444BlueSeaWaveszoeisabeliaDominicLaurenceTheGoodOldGamermikaAenmondCazzyBatKali_DurgaSimsFinest1LanieBorne 15 votes
Nah, ill spend the first day figuring it out
82%
CK213TheStarHermitJaiSeaKita5399GalacticGalLaBlue0314PinkPaws66IceyJdreamergrl84EIisabettaTWSimGamer82VibseWritin_RegDJNSsimm621Bloosmoohappysimmer2007simgirl1010cchant86JestTru 73 votes

Comments

• Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    im waiting for the next update to start hunting and building lots.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I am doing is getting lots updated for what I do already have in the game. I have a game save that I don't touch, as far as playing is concerned. This one is so when a new pack is released, especially an EP, all the sims who start out when you first start up a game save is there.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The only time I use the gallery is the first couple of weeks after a pack gets released. There will usually be a lot of nice lots from good builders utilizing the new pack items.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    This was the closest option for me. I’ve been working on a base save for myself, with all my own lots and made over premades. Currently I’m just playing my legacy save, and I’ll go back to working on my base save while waiting for mods to be updated after the patch and GF.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm only building if I need a new house, like for young adults moving out on their own. Otherwise, I currently don't have much space to build anything (except Newcrest)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’ll wait to see what lots GF has first. Waiting to see if we’ll be getting some different lots like a studio lot or cinema, for example.

I want to play around with the new world first before adding or replacing any lots.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'll definitely build a house on the hills.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    No. I rarely play mansions, I prefer smaller homes. So if I get this EP there would be plenty of vacant homes worthy a superstar.

I also already have a big film studio building in my save, I use it for misc recording for my machinima videos. This pack will obviously add some cool studio objects, but I mainly need items making my recordings easier, not to make the "back stage" look better.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have already built the mansion my Rock Star will eventually live in. It's a replica of my Grand Uncle's house that used to be in Los Angeles, CA. Unfortunately, he and my Grand Aunt were never able to have children, so once my Aunt Marie passed away, her nephew got hold of the property and allowed the City to demolish it. Apparently, there is now an apartment building in that location. (My father's Uncle and Aunt had already converted the second and third floor into three apartments. Face/palm. Heavy sigh. Never mind, that my father was her favorite nephew on her husband's side, and that my oldest son took his very first steps in the livingroom there. Oh, well, at least I have a fairly close rendition of it in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I'd like to see all the new build/decor items before I attempt to build something and also play around with the terrain tools (as soon as we get them) to see what's possible.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes. I gradually prepare my world for new content
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes. Very much looking forward to more build/buy items!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    II never build beforehand. I always wait until I have the new build/buy stuff at my disposal.
    And right now, I'm not really hyped for this pack yet, so I have no idea what I'd want to build first. I usually start by exploring gameplay first anyway.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'll figure it out when I get it. I am doing builds right now to replace old houses with my own creations.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I'm waiting to see what lots will come with the game then I'll start searching the gallery for all the new awesome builds using the new terrain tools.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm planning but not building/downloading yet -- I want to see what the lot sizes and build styles are in Del Sol Valley first. I know I want an exclusive celebrity spa plus a karaoke bar for the new world, but I could get by without the karaoke bar since I have them in Magnolia Promenade and Windenburg as well as San Myshuno.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Waiting for more data on the pack first. If it doesn't add to the game how I play it, it will join Seasons in my not bought pile.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I would probably take 3 game sessions of playing before knowing what type of lots I want to make.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't build or plan new lots until the pack comes because I want to use the build and buy objects in the new pack, and know lot sizes. The only thing I do when a new world is announced is decide which sims will move there and create a story as to why.
  • ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    I'm currently getting references for what I want the exterior and interior to look like and I'll start building the house once I find the perfect lot size. Though, I might end up moving my sims to one of the houses that come with the new city if I like it enough.
    KbhKf88.png
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have ideas for which sims I want to live in Del Sol Valley, but I haven’t prepared lots. I want to see what’s included in the pack first and how many lots there will be. I’m really looking forward to exploring the new lots in the gallery after GF is released. Builders in the community are so much better than I am, so I never build lots anymore. I just download lots that I like and redecorate them to suit my sims.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No. I've even been on a building spree of late but I am finding as of this week I want to wait until Get Famous comes out, and more importantly the terrain tools. No more all flat lots for me and I'd prefer not to create anymore if we know in the near future well have the capability to do otherwise.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CazzyBatCazzyBat Posts: 21 Member
    I actually started a beach house/resort, which I'm rather pleased with. I'm not sure if the new world has a beach but I've got one ready just in case :P I've called it "life's a beach".
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm going to wait until it's released and then see what the wonderful builders come up with. LOL. I'm not very good at the building but love how creative the community is.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I'm not into celebrities, I don't even watch TV, but I'll be getting the pack just for all the contents.
    So no, I'm not planning any lots.