Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stylist Career (Patch) + Get Famous

How do you think this new free career we’re getting is gonna tie in with the new pack? Since it’s partially active I wonder if we’d be able to style celebs and maybe even work on set. Although, that questions why it wasn’t apart of Get Famous in the first place so who knows.
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    How do you think this new free career we’re getting is gonna tie in with the new pack? Since it’s partially active I wonder if we’d be able to style celebs and maybe even work on set. Although, that questions why it wasn’t apart of Get Famous in the first place so who knows.

Because it was an idea and addition made by the team that does the Free content. You do not have to have the EP - it is fully self contained and in the patch coming regardless of whether or not you have the ep. It was not designed for an ep and does not need the ep at all in any way. You can just have the base game and it will work as designed - as all the free content works.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Because it was an idea and addition made by the team that does the Free content. You do not have to have the EP - it is fully self contained and in the patch coming regardless of whether or not you have the ep. It was not designed for an ep and does not need the ep at all in any way. You can just have the base game and it will work as designed - as all the free content works.

I think the style influencer that comes in the free patch is because players have been wanting to style townies and this is a good way to do it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

That didn’t answer my question at all. I know what free content is and how it works.

@Dannydanbo Also I didn’t ask why we were getting it.

My question was “How do you think it’ll tie in with the EP”. Didn’t say it needed the EP, was designed for the EP, etc.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    I think they were both responding to the second part of your post, why it wasn't included in the expansion.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I think they were both responding to the second part of your post, why it wasn't included in the expansion.

Well the ep has it's own influencer in the form of Baby Ariel who covers music, teen type stuff and is a online celeb - but I have no idea how the free patch one will tie in. Probably as Danny said - a way to influence the townies maybe seeing it was not meant for the ep. But that is only a guess. They really haven't given a lot of info on it as far as I can see even though I did watch the video -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think it might of originally been meant to be a part of the EP since your sim is able to start fashion trends and for me that seems like something that would work in combination with fame. It could be that since it didn't get finished in time for the EP the engagement team picked it up. Now even though both this career and the EP are releasing around the same time doesn't mean the EP couldn't of had an earlier deadline to meet.
    I'm hoping that we can place the wardrobe pedietal and make-up station in a shop and be the stylist or customer. I'd also like to place them in my superstars house for red carpet events.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I guess it will tie in the way you want it too.. Not sure if our stylists will work on the set for some reason I think probably not. I'm sure they could dress celebs though.. sounds like you need to advance in career or skills and the stylist won't always have acceptance.
    It would be a nice way to set clothing trends your game. I might have my stylist encourage trends the stars are wearing .. or even counteract it.
    I actually want to make a "famous" stylist. I have an idea of how he is going to be already (looks and personality). I'm assuming that his work/media presence as he gets better at it will bring some fame and I'll have him mingle (or hook up) with the right type(s) to get him higher Fame wise. Not sure how I'll handle the reputation bit though.. have to see how that works... I wonder if he gets a bad rep if people will reject his fashion advise. I hope not..
    egTcBMc.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like the Stylist career will be something like "Town-Sims are walking around in terrible outfits" (they don't exactly need to reprogram the game for that) "If you're in the Stylist career you will be able to walk up to them and offer them a makeover and it'll be a coin-flip on whether they like it. If they do, you get paid."

That's actually the minimum but it's also pretty easy to put together and so it could well go into base game.

I don't know. It could be hugely in depth. One idea is that as you increase in rank you start getting calls from people to do it and of course more money. In Get Famous you might start getting calls from celebs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm hoping that we can place the wardrobe pedietal and make-up station in a shop and be the stylist or customer. I'd also like to place them in my superstars house for red carpet events.

That's a great idea. I've decided my sim will try this career first, in conjunction with running her clothing boutique. Wonder what the second career object is. They only showed the sketch pad.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I think it might of originally been meant to be a part of the EP since your sim is able to start fashion trends and for me that seems like something that would work in combination with fame. It could be that since it didn't get finished in time for the EP the engagement team picked it up. Now even though both this career and the EP are releasing around the same time doesn't mean the EP couldn't of had an earlier deadline to meet.

I think something similar - that it was meant to be part of the EP but is being released in the patch. But I think the reason it's being patched in is because it's an in-game way to control what townies wear.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

That second part was just a statement and not an actual question I was asking. Like a “thinking out loud” sort of thing.

Loanet wrote: »
    I feel like the Stylist career will be something like "Town-Sims are walking around in terrible outfits" (they don't exactly need to reprogram the game for that) "If you're in the Stylist career you will be able to walk up to them and offer them a makeover and it'll be a coin-flip on whether they like it. If they do, you get paid."

That's actually the minimum but it's also pretty easy to put together and so it could well go into base game.

I don't know. It could be hugely in depth. One idea is that as you increase in rank you start getting calls from people to do it and of course more money. In Get Famous you might start getting calls from celebs.

This would be awesome to get calls from Celebs to dress them for an event they need to go to once you reach a certain level in the career or a certain level of fame or reputation.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    when do you guys think we'll get the patch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I love this idea 💙

when do you guys think we'll get the patch

It should be out the week before the pack comes out unless it gets delayed.

I'm hoping Tuesday the 13th. I really want to get started with the Style Influencer career.
    I'm wondering how the patch stylist and the pack wardrobe person is alike and differs.

Maybe if I have a superstar sim going out, I can call one or the other to style them before hand. The same for the makeup person.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

This would be awesome to get calls from Celebs to dress them for an event they need to go to once you reach a certain level in the career or a certain level of fame or reputation.

I hope that's the case.
    I have a sim that everything looks good on her. Ever had a sim that certain hair styles just don't work on them?
    My sim is not that sim.

So she has become my stylish sim and life as a trend setter would be perfect.
    It would be great if celebrities start seeking her out. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Well the ep has it's own influencer in the form of Baby Ariel who covers music, teen type stuff and is a online celeb - but I have no idea how the free patch one will tie in. Probably as Danny said - a way to influence the townies maybe seeing it was not meant for the ep. But that is only a guess. They really haven't given a lot of info on it as far as I can see even though I did watch the video -

And I'm planning to delete her the first chance I get. >:) If I want a style influencer, I'll either create my own or put Diego Lobo in that role so he can dress every male Sim in floral suits. :#
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm hoping Tuesday the 13th. I really want to get started with the Style Influencer career.

The 13th would be a good date -- gives time for modders to update especially with the Python 3.7 conversion, plus if there are any game-breaking issues with the patch they'll have time for a hotfix before the pack releases. I figure I'll need a couple of days to get used to the terrain tools anyway. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Do we know if the trends start because of what the stylist wears or because of how they dress folks?
    egTcBMc.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I hope that's the case.
    I have a sim that everything looks good on her. Ever had a sim that certain hair styles just don't work on them?
    My sim is not that sim.

So she has become my stylish sim and life as a trend setter would be perfect.
    It would be great if celebrities start seeking her out. :)
    I must see this Sim in the tragic clown hair
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I rewatched the twitch stream again and I can't wait to make over some of my townie sims. I took my sim couple out to dinner last night to one of my formal restaurants and another sim showed up in shorts and sandals. Everyone else was in formal wear.

Although with how long it takes to eat doing makeovers at restaurants might not be such a good idea. :p
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Do we know if the trends start because of what the stylist wears or because of how they dress folks?

I would think it's how your sim styles other sims. Maybe after two or three in the same outfit, others begin to pick up on the style too.