Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unknown Sim (Created). Who Is He? - (Download Him Here)

mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
UPDATE:
The unknown Sim can finally come home to Sunset Valley (or wherever else you may want to place him), all thanks to JoAnne65. Download him here:

Dean
https://nl.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261844

=====

Hello Fellow Simmers!
This is more or less a chit-chat type of thread based on something I saw.

So, I was on the wikia the other day when I noticed something strange or, shall I say someone strange. The banner picture that's shown for the Sims 3 page shows some of the original townies for Sunset Valley except for one Sim. There is a muscular male Sim, dressed in a beige outfit, wearing glasses and tennis shoes, who I cannot place. Maybe he was to be a townie in the game when it was developed, but they changed their minds? Maybe he represents the (unknown) Sims that we make and introduce to the world. Or, maybe he is an earlier design of another Sim (I'm thinking Christopher Steel, based on the stance). Or maybe he's from an earlier game (Sims 1 or 2).

Here's why I suggest Christopher Steel.
I've long believed that Christopher Steel is based off of the duality of Superman. 'Man of Steel' played by 'Christopher Reeves'. Plus, banner-guy is young, clearly muscular, has a heroic stance and wearing glasses (like Clark Kent) with a full head of hair. Meanwhile, in-game Christopher Steel is the exact opposite. He's young but looks older, his hair is receding, he's not muscular and he doesn't wear glasses. He's the perfect opposite Clark Kent/Superman. Also, banner guy is positioned between Vita Alto (evil) and Geoffry Landgraab (good).

So, Who do you think banner-guy is?

The Sims Wiki
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3
Post edited by mw1525 on

Comments

• Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    I would Say it could be Marty Keaton as well :-)
  • Options
    Or, maybe a differently designed Stiles McGraw (going by the hair) and the fact Tamara is standing by him. Marty is a good guess as well since he is athletic and does wear khaki colored clothing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Just looked at the picture.

670?cb=20130719065509

He’s indeed unknown (to me). It could be George Dean with a different hair style? George Dean is a muscular Riverview townie who is a police man and lives in Riverview. The sim reminds me of him.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2018
    Is that Justine Keaton standing next to him? If so it could be an early version of Marty Keaton. Could be the creator's sim self. :)
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - Since all of the other Sims in this shot are in Sunset Valley, I imagine he would be (or would have been, if they removed him) too. There are definite design changes in this render (Thank you for posting it, btw) such as Geoffrey Landgraab doesn't look nearly this nice in-game, nor is VJ that slim and Vita definitely doesn't have a soft smooth face :D!

@cwaddell - That's Tamara Donner standing besides him. It's possible he could be the rendered Simself of the person who created this render. Or, someone involved on the team. Whoever he is, they have him standing in the front row.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes, but it is possible of course they created characters for both worlds (since Riverview was available right away they must have been working on both worlds simultaneously) and then maybe last minute decided to move George to his firehouse in Riverview? Like the Kent household, that was featured in a promotional video before Sims 3’s release (Kim Kent, Piper Hipp and Liam O'Dourke). This household was not included in the final product (though they were available for download) and then Liam showed up as a townie for Hidden Springs years later.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - Yep, it is entirely possible he could have been a temporary resident in Sunset Valley. I didn't get to this party until 2012, so I missed the launch of this game. I knew Riverview was offered as an incentive but, I had no idea if it was available upon release or came shortly thereafter. So, yeah, he could currently be a resident of another world. Whoever he is, I think he's very cute and would like to re-create him and add him to my Sunset Valley game. I think I would create him as a Metro Journalist (keeping with the Clark Kent idea) ;).
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I believe it became available a few days in..? I joined in December 2009 and discovered I could download an extra world a few weeks later, so I don’t know from experience either, but I believe pretty right from the start. It would have been nice if they’d done the same for this sim as they did for the Kent household sims, have them available for download. We could use this topic to try and recreate him!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    As far as I can recall Riverview was available during the first week - I had to wait a few days for my pre-ordered copy of Sims 3 to be available to collect but I'm pretty sure Riverview was there when I first looked for it in June 2009 after registering my game.
  • Options
    I couldn't resist and tried to recreate him for you :)

OAzMuQE.png

He's in my Studio if you like him.

(ignore his name and all, I took George Dean as a starting point but you can do with him as you like obviously)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2018
    Riverview and its population was not created by the Sims 3 developers, it was made for Maxis by Visceral Games. So it's not George Dean. But I really like your re-creation of the unknown sim, @JoAnne65, so I'm going to download him too.
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    Now I see that this Sim and Tamara are in center of the picture so it could be Marty or Stiles McGraw.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We can put a stop to this right now. It's me, I mean my selfsim, wearing a clever disguise. :)

Igazor, that's so impossible it's not even funny.

Fine, believe what you want then. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Does that mean you're Superman, @igazor ? :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - Oh My Goodness! What a surprise! Thank You, so very much! I think 'Dean' is absolutely gorgeous!

@Karritz & @IreneSwift - Thanks for the information about Riverview.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    Does that mean you're Superman, @igazor ? :joy:
    Well, let me put it this way. Have you ever seen the two of us in the same room at the same time? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Riverview and its population was not created by the Sims 3 developers, it was made for Maxis by Visceral Games. So it's not George Dean. But I really like your re-creation of the unknown sim, @JoAnne65, so I'm going to download him too.
    Didn’t know that, no, indeed, it’s probably not George then. He’s a mystery man and too bad they never used him. He beats Stiles and Christopher for me B)

@mw1525 You’re welcome, glad you like him! It’s basically George with different eyes. I’m kind of curious for the Superman story you’re planning with him :smiley:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I thought he looked interesting and would've made a similar looking sim myself to add to any game.The shared one looks like he might fit into Deery Meadows or Evermore Falls.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member

I'd go with Stiles McGraw as Clark Kent..
    Es3WvCs.jpg

..and Marty Keaton as Superman
    FJQHrYK.jpg
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - Oh, I have plans for Dean. I'm keeping Dean as his first name and will have to think up a suitable last name. Anyhow, Dean will join my journalists as an investigative reporter into the towns various corruptions. Since, I have created my own criminals, I get to choose which Sims he will investigate. But it gets better, every investigative journalist must have sources and connections in various places. Dean is going to meet a variety of Sims who will help his story. He will also befriend one very special woman named Regina Rhodes who works as a detective at SVPD. By coincidence (wink-wink), they will discover they are neighbors in the same brownstone (which I have to build after I find the perfect location). In Regina's line of work things can sometimes get a bit 'dangerous', although Dean won't wear a cape or costume, he will (at times) be what she needs to get her through. At least that's how I'm hoping it will go.

Here's a few shots of Regina and the Sims Dean will get to know:
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/av0czb2xenwtp/Regina

**Cora Francisco, the NPC newspaper girl has grown up and created her own news network 'Frontline News'. This is a fully functioning non-rabbit hole newspaper. She serves as Owner/Editor of the paper.

**There are several levels of Law Enforcement in Sunset Valley, from beat cops (Jared) to detectives (Regina), to the Special Unit. Dean will eventually get to know them all.

**Depending on what (or who) he is investigating he'll meet a variety of Sims, from Farmers to Political Sims, Models to Actors/Actresses, Scientist to 'Street Informants'.

**Yes, Sophia is actually an actress. She is in wolf costume because currently she's in Sunset Valley shooting a fantasy type music video for a machinima I'm working on (when I feel like messing with Blender & Make Human). She's not the singer, Crystal is. Here's the song if you want to hear it:

His Kiss:
    http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/Loveshadow/45975
  • Options
    @Auroraskies Seeing that second picture I think it might very well be Marty after all.
    @mw1525 Regina definitely has the Lois Lane vibes. I like all the other characters too, indeed a lot of variety, well done. Immediately start filling in their potential characters in my mind, which is always a good sign. Sounds like a lot of fun to play the story like that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Oh, I am just goofing around - I gave them new clothes and Marty a new haircut. The only thing original is Stiles' haircut and pants :tongue:
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Oh, I am just goofing around - I gave them new clothes and Marty a new haircut. The only thing original is Stiles' haircut and pants :tongue:
    Yes, but his muscular posture and hair colour (and eyebrows) are clearly the same (Marty that is).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @JoAnne65 Yes, I think both alternatives are plausible. Stiles is the 'common guy' and Marty quite ordinary too, good for drawing in the anonymous crowd. Place a clone made through The Door Of Life And Death next to Tamara as a compromise. And I think you should make a sim of @igazor as Kent/Superman :smiley:
  • Options
    I must admit, Marty does come the closest to the render. The only thing which throws me are those glasses the render is wearing, they're not sunglasses and I don't recall any young adult male Sims wearing eyeglasses in the game, do you? I could be overlooking someone, though.