Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beauty and the Geek

AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
The premise of the show consists of a group of "Beauties" (young women who have relied primarily on their looks) and a group of "Geeks" (young men who have relied primarily on intellect rather than social aptitude or looks) who are paired up to compete as couples for a shared $250,000 and other prizes. Each beauty lives together in a room with her geek during the course of the competition. There are challenges each week, one testing the beauties on a primarily academic subject, and another that has the geeks competing in a more popular/social realm. The winners of the challenges select two teams to compete against each other in a pure "quiz show" type question and answer session: the team with fewer correct answers gets eliminated.

Introduction:

This is how the show will work from start to end…

1. Your first episode will be the House Tour.
2. When I got all the housemates Choosing of the partners will start.
3. Please don’t post any pictures of your sims on the thread. I don’t want anyone to know who your sim is or how they look.
4. If they are on the exchange, it’s okay but please guys and girls I don’t want anyone to go look there for the other people sims. If you did keep it to yourself.
5. One of the guys will start first to introduce him to the girls. If you want it to be your sim, just PM me. First come first serve. Don’t say on the thread.
6. Then I will put a picture up on the thread without saying whose sim it is with their introduction. Here I also don’t want you to admit it’s your sim. Only on the end after choosing partners, I will reveal whose sim is whose…
7. Now the girls can start choosing the guy. If your girl sim wants to be partnered with this guy, PM me. Also first come first serve.
8. Then I will put a picture of the couple up on the thread.
9. Then it’s the girls’ turn. If you want your girl to be the first PM me.
10. And it will go the same way as the guys.
11. The last two remaining sims will automatically be partners.
12. After choosing your sims’ partners I will reveal whose sim is whose and you can choose rooms according to the order the choosing went. If your sim went first they will be able to choose their room first.
13. Then there will be challenges and the winners will be able to send any other couple to the elimination room that is not saved. You are saved if you or your partner win a challenge.
14. The couples will get 3 questions and a tiebreaker question each about what they have learned through the challenges.
15. Sometimes there will be challenges together as a couple or mostly separately. Guys will do a challenge and the girls will do a challenge.
16. The winners’ partners are automatically saved from elimination.
17. Then I will create a Nomination PM Chat where the winners and their partners will decide who they want to send to the elimination room.
18. After they have decided, the winners will reveal on the thread who did they chose.
19. Then I will create an Elimination PM Chat where the eliminates will choose a number between 1 and 6
20. After everyone chosen a number I will put the questions on the chat plus the tiebreaker Question.
21. You will only answer the questions you have chosen and the tiebreaker question.
22. I will reveal the results and the couple that needs to go home in the episode that will follow after everyone answered their questions and tiebreaker.
23. After the episode, there will be another challenge, nomination, elimination.
24. This will go on until the last 3 couples.
25. The winner of the challenge will be automatically in the Final 2.
26. The other 2 couples will go to the Elimination room and the loser couple will go home.
27. The final two couples will spend their time together knowing each other. Each contestant will decide how they want to spend the day with their partner.
28. After that the final night they will go to the elimination room where they will get questions about their partner. The couple that knows the most of their partner will win and get the $250 000.

WOOT and have FUN!!!

Post edited by Alleenmens on

Comments

• AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    edited January 2019
    Players:

1 Caro: Serena Case and Justin Case

2 Lala: Deborah Mayfair and Ben Kenobi

3 Shadami: Sasha Pierce and Derrick Boldt

4 Kitty: Sabrina Vincent and Milton Pickett

5 Ninja: Asia Heart and Dimitri Ramsa

6 Yannik: Linda Northwood and Ben Schiffer

7 Iceman: Cecilia Bertrand and Christian Bertrand

8 Jake: Marinette Francis and Lee Webbe

edited January 2019
    Partnerships:
    Jake & Caro
    MarinetteJustin.jpg

Shadami & Yannik
    Screenshot-17.jpg

Shadami & Lala
    Screenshot-23.jpg

Kitty & Ninja
    Screenshot-27.jpg

Ice & Kitty
    Screenshot-30.jpg

Lala & Jake
    Screenshot-33.jpg

Yannik & Ninja
    Screenshot-37.jpg

Ice & Caro
    Screenshot-38.jpg

edited January 2019
    Episodes:

1. House Tour -
    2. Episode 1 -
    edited November 2018
    Challenges:

Fashion and Sport

Your first challenges will be Fashion and Sports. ;) The Beauties will do Sports and the Geeks will do Fashion.

The Sports will be Basketball aka 'Hot Potato'.
    The girls will be sorted in 3 teams. 2x4 and 1x3 players.
    You will pass the potato as quick as possible to another player. Sometime during a 24 hour day the player who got the potato will be eliminated. This will go on until 1 player is left.
    After there is 1 player left in all 3 teams, the remaining 3 players will play against each other and they will pass the potato until the last one. The last one will be the winner and she and her partner are saved from elimination and can choose a couple to go to the elimination room. ;)
    The 3 teams will be playing in a PM chatroom.
    The remainder 3 will play on the thread.

The Geeks will learn about fashion and will dress one of the beauties that's not your partner. I'm going to give you pictures of tops and bottoms and you have to choose 1 top and 1 bottom for Every Day wear and another top and bottom for Formal wear.
    After that I will dress them accordingly and then there will be a fashion show.. ;)
    The Beauties will then judge everyone except their own and then PM me who they think is the best dressed. Everyday and Formal wear separate. After adding everyone's score the Geek that got the most score will win and he and his partner will be saved from elimination and will choose a couple for the elimination room.
    This will happen during the Beauties challenge, but the fashion show will be after the girls challenge is finished. ;)

Any questions, just ask.. ;)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, I've seen a few episodes of this. This looks fun :) I'll join
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    I remember it too - sign me in. :)
    Banner.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Me, please. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    What if you get 20 people interested?

Or... What if the standard gender types get switched around and the guys are the beauties and the girls are the geeks? I could try and sign in Ryan Tapp! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Me please :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

Or... What if the standard gender types get switched around and the guys are the beauties and the girls are the geeks? I could try and sign in Ryan Tapp! :smiley:

I think they tried that variant for one pairing once. I'm not sure if they lasted long.

I watched a few episodes from the first season because there was this YouTuber with a travelogue who joined that season, and people kept mentioning it. He really broke out of his shell
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

We can change next season ;)
    Also, now that I think about it, some of the "geeks" in the first season weren't bad looking at all. One of the girls even sought out a guy because she had a huge crush on him and kissed him (to the dismay of her challenge partner).

icmnfrsh wrote: »

I think they tried that variant for one pairing once. I'm not sure if they lasted long.

I watched a few episodes from the first season because there was this YouTuber with a travelogue who joined that season, and people kept mentioning it. He really broke out of his shell

I looked it up and it's Joe Goes, btw :D

https://www.youtube.com/joegoes

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Oh no, this sounds like fun but I don't know if I'm up to it. I used to watch beauty and the geek.

When will it be starting?
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Oh no, this sounds like fun but I don't know if I'm up to it. I used to watch beauty and the geek.

Mmmm... Maybe it's just what you need... ;) In the next two weeks... Just want to see how many players are interested.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    kittymeow wrote: »

Mmmm... Maybe it's just what you need... ;) In the next two weeks... Just want to see how many players are interested.

Maybe...I have been waiting to join something of yours. You can put me on the list. :)
    Okay... :smiley:
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I should sign up, I got a lot on my plate atm, I'll have a think and let you know soon. :)

Christmas_Banner.png
    Okay... ;)
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I'll join!
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I don’t know what this is, but if it’s an Alleen show I’m in!!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Aww you're sweet... <3
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Can you reserve me please?
    BTW, call me Jake.
    Done... ;)