Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Confessions

2...Next

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Hi — my name is stilljustme2 and I’m a saveaholic. I have on save where I’m trying to finish all the collections, but I typically start a new save when we get new content. Currently re-imagining Oasis Springs as sort of a Palm Springs type world annex to Del Sol Valley where Sims can commute.

Me too. I start saves all the tme for no reason. I think I have almost 30 now. oops.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Sha2520032003 wow, I can tell why your so attach to this specific sim. She’s beautiful! Loving her story too :)
    Just wondering, as I would like to do it myself. May sound daft asking this question, but how do you involve that detail story into the game?

@Chelseadude182 - Thanks so much. I really appreciate the compliment. Well, I don't really involve the detail into the story as it relates to her parents or adoptive parents, as far as creating them. I just wanted to create a background for her that gave an idea of who she is, & might explain some of the things about her. For example, Kamila always knowing she wasn't a Sherwood & finding out she's Selvadoradan....it really created a drive for her to know more about her ancestry....for her to know where she came from. That was important to her. She practically lived in Selvadorada when I first started playing her....really getting into the exploring, meeting the locals, etc. At some point, one of the elder locals she met, I pretended knew her birth parents...so she was able to learn more about them. She started out very poor....living in San Myshuno with her pup Peanut. & her story just kind of evolved as I played her. She met Reid, a fellow explorer....they fell in love, got married, and together have 5 kids.

I usually create a backstory for any new Sim I create or challenge I play (unless the challenge has the background)....it helps me stay focused on the character.

• MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    I have the same confession as most of you. I’m a huge control freak in my games. And i’ve never gotten past the first generation either. No shame in that. We all play differently! Everyone in this thread just seems to be into micromanaging

(and I have nothing but respect for people who can do legacies. I’ve never been able to do them unfortunately)
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • LovelyRose99LovelyRose99 Posts: 52 Member
    my confession...

i've never played sims 4 ._. but i've played sims 3 on mobile! it's so expensive, that's why.
    HELLO I AM YOUR HOST YANDERE-CHAN WITH EYEPATCH
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    ew, don't trivialize OCD. Use other terms if it isn't clinically diagnosed and you just have quirks with certain patterns.

Honestly, I was quite curious whether a post like this would crop up in the thread and lo and behold, here it is. I was certain that I would see this comment from the moment I read the thread. I will respond to you, as best I can, and then I will post my own gruelling confessions.

The world is currently intent on using labels for everything. People enjoy trivialising everything to make themselves feel… better, I think. It is like when people claim depression or, more recently (which has annoyed me greatly) autism. The issue at hand is that the OP only believes and was never diagnosed, which instantly makes it unlikely. As you have said, it is a few quirks, which everyone has. My mother claims she has OCD due to the fact she likes the coffee cups to be hanging a certain direction. Yes, I agree, that is* an OCD trigger, but not enough to claim OCD. She simply likes her cups to be the correct way.

Call me horrid, but I spent weeks moving them around and she never noticed. Instantly disregarded her self-diagnosis. I have ties to OCD due to me being autistic. I simply require a daily routine go undisturbed. Even typing that out makes me cringe. However, people will use labels because it makes them feel better. To me, opening a thread with, “I believe I have OCD because I want the letters in alphabetical order”, which would make it Compulsive Disorder Obsessive is a tad silly. Anyway, not trying to bash on people. Not my intention. Most people with OCD do not throw it around like they want it broadcasted. This, to me, is the way to tell whether people are lying or not. Even what I posted above makes me annoyed, but it needs to be there to state that I have the traits, but not full-blown OCD, which is vastly more complicated than a few quirks. I remember when I was at the hospital seeing someone get livid because the receptionists’ desk had a piece of paper not in line. The woman could not function right until it was shifted half an inch.

I am a passionate person when it comes to mental conditions. They are so underappreciated and made a joke of on a daily basis. I apologise.

As for my confession…

I like to just kill random Sims. I will put them in scenarios that make them angry and then will kill them, plain and simple. I will either force someone to cheat on their wife, ruining their lives, or set fire to their house with some creative use of game mechanics. I have never been fond of using pools or fire traps, it has to be creative.

In one of my houses, I made a killing room where my Sim could watch and paint the picture behind glass. :D
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    I don’t mean to offend anybody by stating an ‘OCD’ I just use it as a term of phrase. I struggle to understand and use correct terms due with dyslexia. But I promise to anybody that I mean no harm, and without sounding big headed, I’m a polite and friendly person :blush:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I'm a control freak - I can't tolerate playing with autonomy on, and I can't have more than three Sims in the house - two is ideal. (Right now, I've just got one - my teen was orphaned when her mother died of old age.)

I never got beyond the third generation in previous Sim games, but I've been playing legacies in Sims 4. I got to eleven, I think, before Seasons, and I would have continued it, but I thought it was best to start a new save because it was such a game-changing pack. I believe I'm up to five or six, now.

Are you certain you're not my grown daughter, in disguise? She's the same way, only she rarely gets to play. Her own RL household if full with small demanding little non-pixelated people. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CamilamjamCamilamjam Posts: 31 Member
    I've never had a sim become an elder because i feel like it would be "less fun". 🐸🐸🐸🐸????
    Picture%2B012.jpg

• SimsDramaSimsDrama Posts: 3 New Member
    I am constantly creating new saves and never playing much with already existing ones. Just because I constantly get more ideas about different strorylines, but recently I try to add the new ideas to the sabe I am playing. So far, so good.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My confession is that I am a " scatter-brained" player. I have a big save that I have played for a long time by adding sims to it and playing them. I will play a particular sim and think....yeah, they need this person or this thing or this group in their lives to add to their story.....so off I go to add that and build and create new sims and place them in the world. I then play them to get them established a bit and then I lose track because THEY need someone or something for THEIR story and I forget all about why they were created in the first place!

I'll create a teen, and then think, well I need more teens in the world for them! And off I go to make and place more teens....all the while forgetting the original teens story line!

So I have this big old world with so many different sims that were meant to be additions to other sim stories in the world. lol.

I admit I may benefit from writing about each sim BEFORE I make more. And then maybe I will be able to intertwine the sims better and play it from all the different angles.....so long as I can get the story straight!
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    My confession is that I can't play past the first sim generation. I managed to pull it off a couple of times in the past, but never went very far into the second generation, after the first generation has died, before starting over. So I usually end up playing on the longest lifespan, stopping the aging, or playing an immortal such as a vampire.

I am just as bad with having generations not going past the second generation. I have serial killers and find ways to torture them. I use lots of mods to make it interesting. I find new and better ways to torture them.

I play mostly vampires, and aliens and other creatures/races thanks to mods. I recently downloaded The Werewolf mod and I really am loving it. I think Werewolves are one of my favourite races.

For those of you not opposed to mods and waiting for the werewolf mod. It is truly beautiful.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=619440
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have never let an elder Sim die due to aging. I get them to the Elder age and then save and stop playing that household. I go to CAS and create a new YA Sim and start all over.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Although I have MCC, I cannot let it do story progression. i. e. marry, procreate the townies, instead, I have to do it myself, I also edit every single townie in CAS so they look normal. Essentially, I have to control everyone, like a god. My one consession is allowing my sims autonomy, although I stop them from using a lot too
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited October 2018
    Gosh, don't judge me, I married my sims immortal vampire with his 5 line descendant and they have children which is just weird and creepy that you're actually allowed to do that. It made the family tree look interesting though.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Gosh, don't judge me, I married my sims immortal vampire with his 5 line descendant and they have children which is just weird and creepy that you're actually allowed to do that. It made the family tree look interesting though.

Oh my :o how scandalous

• simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I confess that for the most part, I rarely put much effort into controlling the rest of the household. I have a main sim that I usually have some sort of goals for. The others in the household I only really touch if they're neglecting their own needs or if I need something done and the main sim is otherwise occupied. There is a LOT of autonomy in my sim homes, mostly because it is much more fun for me to just roll with whatever happens. I embrace the random! I love the random!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I've never played with ageing on so when others talk about how many days their sims have left until they age up, I'm just sitting there wondering like :/ ? I have killed sims off though. Also, my born-in-game sims have never aged beyond teens to have families of their own. I have plans and there are potential partners I've created for them for when they grow up (and their parents become friends and everything), it's just that I never get around to it :sweat_smile: So yeah, I've never played beyond the second generation either (that doesn't count families I've created in CAS that include parents, children and grandparents).
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for sharing your confessions! It does make me feel so much better that I’m not wasting my time doing the same thing over and over. So you know what? I’m going to try and break my habit today. I’m thinking of starting a new save! :smiley:
    So I’ve took people’s ideas and thinking of a story line. As I usually make my sim self and play with her (has to be perfect!) it can become a chore sometimes :unamused:
    So I’m thinking about making a character that starts with a young girl and she’s pregnant. Maybe the backstory can be that her family aren’t most loving kind and kind of not interested and her boyfriend who made her pregnant doesn’t want to know interest in her or the baby.
    So that is my quick thought. Probably see if I can purchase a house and she is struggling to look after the child and pay rent? I don’t know :grey_question: gives me something to think about during work today :blush:

Can you start a save with a teenage sim in a house please?
  • Talia17Talia17 Posts: 4 New Member
    I keep starting playthroughs where I have a goal like complete all the aspirations or careers before my sim starts a family but I get impatient and start the family any way (I always play with expanded lifespans or where I get to choose when they age up) so I quit that playthrough and start a new one. :|
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    My confession is that I've been playing for about a year now, and I'm only on Gen 2, LOL.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com