Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does some CC cause this to happen?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I added some CC to my game, and in CAS it would cause this to happen.
58c38ba2cb.jpg
Not an image in my game, but this is what it looked like.
I remove the CC item, and all goes back to normal. What causes some CC to do that?

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I think it's something to do with the selection of swatches at the bottom of the item - some of them are really long. You know when you hover your mouse over the item and the swatch options are at the bottom so you can click on them? I really can't explain it but I think it has something to do with that. I'll have to see if I can take a pic. Of course, I could be wrong.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Just went in game and took these
    xcB1JBw.png
    See how it goes out of the box?
    iHYcPG2.png

BAHZBQV.png

I don't think it aligns correctly or something
    aKQXHi4.png
    Upd7PIA.png
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you very much. At least now I know what I'm looking for when trying to figure out what's up. :)
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Well the new version from more cas columns fixes that problem. Because having more than 25 swatches causes that misaglin problem in cas.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    Nature of code. My area isn't gaming software, but I can tell you that on web design, sometimes all it takes is one little error, missing item (even as small as one character), or incorrectly written line/item (redundant to 'error') to mess something up in how it presents (to various extents) and sometimes to take it down entirely. It's possible there's an error in the CC. Or that other coding in the software has been updated/changed in a manner that is now conflicting with the original CC. Maybe you could re-download the code at the source/creator's site. There's always a chance that yours somehow became corrupted or that this is a known issue (or an update conflict issue) and the creator has uploaded a corrected version.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    SheriGR wrote: »
    Nature of code. My area isn't gaming software, but I can tell you that on web design, sometimes all it takes is one little error, missing item (even as small as a character), or incorrectly written line/item (redundant to 'error') to mess something up in how it presents (to various extents) and sometimes to take it down entirely. My guess would be that it's reasonably possible there is an error in the CC. Maybe you could re-download the code at the source/creator's site. There is always a chance that yours somehow became corrupted or that this is a known issue and the creator has uploaded a corrected version.

It's not an error with the cc. It's just cas starting glitching out when an item has more than 25 swatches. And the still happens when you're having a item from a normal pack item that has more than 25 swatches. The creator of the more cas columns stated that in his last update of the mod.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    SheriGR wrote: »
    Nature of code. My area isn't gaming software, but I can tell you that on web design, sometimes all it takes is one little error, missing item (even as small as a character), or incorrectly written line/item (redundant to 'error') to mess something up in how it presents (to various extents) and sometimes to take it down entirely. My guess would be that it's reasonably possible there is an error in the CC. Maybe you could re-download the code at the source/creator's site. There is always a chance that yours somehow became corrupted or that this is a known issue and the creator has uploaded a corrected version.

It's not an error with the cc. It's just cas starting glitching out when an item has more than 25 swatches. And the still happens when you're having a item from a normal pack item that has more than 25 swatches. The creator of the more cas columns stated that in his last update of the mod.

@Madachan88 Good to know. That is very helpful. So... if his code cannot override the limit of 25 swatches, is he planning to re-program it so that it only creates 25 swatches so it's not doing funky stuff on the interface for users? Otherwise, @afai1261 and others apparently just need to be aware of this and live with it... or am I misunderstanding how it works with CC on Sims? I don't use any Mods or CC currently. (Partly because I detest glitches I can't fix. Like this one would drive me nuts, but that's my OCD biting me on the butt...)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    @SheriGR he did kinda solved the problem by limiting the swatches shown in the previews tumbnail, but you can still select all swatches down the grid. If the cc has more than 25.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Sometimes if you click on the blue part of the screen and then go back into the category, the columns will correct themselves.
  • SharkberrySharkberry Posts: 1 New Member
    I use to have this problem a lot! But you can fix it with more mods. I find the more columns mod fixes it up and now mine are all in line. I don't know if it works for everyone but you can download the mod at mod the sims. I would give a link but I just registered today haha.