Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons questions

I've been playing a bit and I have some questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. When it rains does the grass get darker? I feel like it does but I might have gone crazy looking for environment changes.
2. My sims do not have any moodlets about being too hot or cold. I don't have a thermostat <.<
3. Does the heater from Dine out keep sims warm now? I had it on during summer and nobody complained.
4. When do sims do the windy walk thing? I had a couple of windy days and nobody did the walk from the trailer.
6. Does ice cream cool down sims?
7. Where is the rainbow? I have never seen it :( It exists,right?
8. Does it happen that no trick or treaters show up?
9. Should the leaf piles take several burning attempts to disappear?
10. Why when I choose to rummage for decoration from those bins, after the holiday they don't disappear with the other decor from the bin? Instead I'm allowed to sell them and receive free money :/

Thank you! As thanks for taking the time to read all these I'll leave you some seasons pictures

Just thought the differences between seasonal colors was breath taking

U8teiI4.jpg

WU7hr19.jpg

CZ47GCk.jpg

FeZ1iCD.jpg

Just because I captures lightning after trying so long
2Q8YLQL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No for number 3 nor does the ceiling fan cool sims.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll try to answer your questions:
    1. If it has been raining long enough, it should.
    2. Let me explain you the temperatures. Warm and cool are minor temperatures and don't affect your sims too much. Hot and cold are moderate temperatures and affect sims outdoors. Freezing and heatwave are major temperatures and affect sims both indoors and outdoors.
    3. Yes, it does. Confirmed by a SimGuru.
    4. Windy walk is actually never done during the windy weather. It is done during the blizzard.
    5. Question 5 doesn't exist. Let's go to 6.
    6. I don't know actually. Maybe it does.
    7. It sometimes appears after it's been raining for long.
    8. Many players had that problem. It can happen.
    9. Sometimes it does take more than one attempt.
    10. Holiday decorations are actually banners and other things hung on the roof, foundations, fences etc. Yes, it is a good way to get free money.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    No for number 3 nor does the ceiling fan cool sims.

Thank you ^^ I actually forgot about the fan that came with the patch. Thanks for answering a future question hah
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2018
    1. I haven’t noticed if the grass gets darker or not. I believe when the sun isn’t out, everything in general looks darker so maybe that’s what you notice?

2. They only get moodlets if they’re overheating (when it’s hot) or if they’re freezing (when it’s cold). So when the thermostat is either all the way red or all the way blue. Warm and cool do nothing. If your Sim is overheating or freezing and you don’t do something they will die. Also if it’s cold out and you have a thermostat set to warm, they get a moodlet talking about they’re happy to have central heating.

3. I know they mentioned they forgot to make the radiator from Vampires work with Seasons to warm your Sims but I have no idea about the heat lamp from Dine Out.

4. If you mean the walk they do when it’s a blizzard, I haven’t noticed they do the same walk when it’s just windy.

6. I don’t use the ice cream machine so I can’t say.

7. I’ve never seen a rainbow.

8. I always get a couple of trick or treaters.

9. Apparently it was by design to make the leaf piles take several burns to completely disappear. They have said they’re looking into changing this. There are mods out there already that fix this.

10. It is a known bug that holiday decorations do not disappear like they should. Who knows when this will be fixed. To avoid getting Last Exceptions and errors in my game, I do not put that holiday box in my homes or set up house decorations at all.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    2. Let me explain you the temperatures. Warm and cool are minor temperatures and don't affect your sims too much. Hot and cold are moderate temperatures and affect sims outdoors. Freezing and heatwave are major temperatures and affect sims both indoors and outdoors.
    4. Windy walk is actually never done during the windy weather. It is done during the blizzard.
    10. Holiday decorations are actually banners and other things hung on the roof, foundations, fences etc. Yes, it is a good way to get free money.

Okay, good! I thought so since it creates dark spots. Pretty Impressive

I get that, It's just my sims haven't gotten any moodlets from freezing or heatwave which is odd. They don't seem bothered by it at all and I don't have a thermostat because they are too poor already haha

Do you have a link? I was searching for it earlier before making this post and couldn't find anything confirming it.

Ahh, makes sense! I was going on what I think was in the very first trailer with the bearded sim.

Good to know they didn't miss it. I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you! I have enough kids around town so I figured it might be a bug

10. Yeah, I just thought it would make sense that the decorations you get from the box, disappear with the rest.

Thank you for all your answers
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    1. I haven’t noticed if the grass gets darker or not. I believe when the sun isn’t out, everything in general looks darker so maybe that’s what you notice?

2. They only get moodlets if they’re overheating (when it’s hot) or if they’re freezing (when it’s cold). So when the thermostat is either all the way red or all the way blue. Warm and cool do nothing. If your Sim is overheating or freezing and you don’t do something they will die. Also if it’s cold out and you have a thermostat set to warm, they get a moodlet talking about they’re happy to have central heating.

3. I know they mentioned they forgot to make the radiator from Vampires work with Seasons to warm your Sims but I have no idea about the heat lamp from Dine Out.

4. If you mean the walk they do when it’s a blizzard, I haven’t noticed they do the same walk when it’s just windy.

6. I don’t use the ice cream machine so I can’t say.

7. I’ve never seen a rainbow.

8. I always get a couple of trick or treaters.

9. Apparently it was by design to make the leaf piles take several burns to completely disappear. They have said they’re looking into changing this. There are mods out there already that fix this.

10. It is a known bug that holiday decorations do not disappear like they should. Who knows when this will be fixed. To avoid getting Last Exceptions and errors in my game, I do not put that holiday box in my homes or set up house decorations at all.

Thank you for answering

Maybe? But the again it kind of looks blotchy like the tiles and street when it rains. At first I thought those were crazy shadows ahah. They might have included that since it seems the grass changes color with the seasons. If so it's a cute feature.

Thank you, Mine didn't get anything from the heatwave though.

I hope the change the leaf pile thing. I thought it was broken lol

I think mine disappear as should I just wish the decor we got from the box when we rummage also disappears.
  • Options
    I have another question, actually two but I keep forgetting it.

Should flowers stay on the plants throughout the year? I believe I saw it was a bug.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I thought they said it didn't for number 3 but it might in a future update.