Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your fave healthy snack?

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
Ugh, I struggle so hard finding a good healthy savoury snack.
It's easier to find healthy sweet snacks - veg and fruit. All nuts and seeds are kinda flavourless.
I do eat dried fish, it's as healthy as I can get that is still salty enough for me. But the fish is so expensive. I mean I have the money but I just don't want to buy it cause it is expensive for the amount. And sometimes I want something different. I've eaten too much blue cheese too. OD'd. I guess cheese isn't the healthiest either but I'd like something that doesn't have monosodium glutamate in it. It's the devil! And something that doesn't taste artificially.
So... what are some of your fave healthy snacks, sweet and savoury?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    I used to force myself to eat raw almonds for the nutritional benefit..... I don't mind them, but I don't particularly like them that much. Very chewy and flavourless , like you said.

I like snacking on berries like raspberries and blueberries... fruit can be expensive though! :(
  • BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2018
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Everything in moderation is my motto.

A883-DADA-140-D-45-CC-A47-B-6334-FB7-BA3-A6.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Ugh, I struggle so hard finding a good healthy savoury snack.
    It's easier to find healthy sweet snacks - veg and fruit. All nuts and seeds are kinda flavourless.
    I do eat dried fish, it's as healthy as I can get that is still salty enough for me. But the fish is so expensive. I mean I have the money but I just don't want to buy it cause it is expensive for the amount. And sometimes I want something different. I've eaten too much blue cheese too. OD'd. I guess cheese isn't the healthiest either but I'd like something that doesn't have monosodium glutamate in it. It's the devil! And something that doesn't taste artificially.
    So... what are some of your fave healthy snacks, sweet and savoury?

fruit and cheese with a little salt
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    659778.jpg

(‘snoepgroente’ in fact means relish vegetables)(and ‘tomaat’ = tomato)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Apples!
  • Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    659778.jpg

(‘snoepgroente’ in fact means relish vegetables)(and ‘tomaat’ = tomato)
    Those look like what we call "Grape Tomatoes" here. I use them in salads and of course, the very-american dipped in ranch dressing.
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Fruit salad
    Jamie Olivers coleslaw (it's made from multiple types of root vegetable, cabbage, and has yogurt as the dressing.
    Zucchini and corn fritters
    Spinach omelette
    Canned fruit and yogurt
    Fruit and yogurt smoothie
    Veggie soup
    Roasted almonds
    Walnuts
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I try to keep pistachios, shelled sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and pecans at my desk for me to absently snack on. I used to eat a whole lot of wild blackberries too, when I lived at my old house. Our back fence was lined with those bushes lol.
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Carrot sticks are delicious and healthy. I also like frozen grapes. Just stick them in the freezer for a little while, take them out, and enjoy. They taste like popsicles.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't snack. It gets your insulin level up (after going down from a big meal) and this might not be good as it makes your body store fats or whatever it is from the flunctuation of the insulin, or so I've heard.

Yep. But if I really, really feel hungry, I would just grab an apple or some biscuits (those crac.kers type).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Fruit salad
    Jamie Olivers coleslaw (it's made from multiple types of root vegetable, cabbage, and has yogurt as the dressing.
    Spinach omelette
    Canned fruit and yogurt
    Veggie soup
    Roasted almonds
    Walnuts
    That seems like a lot of work. But I guess there's no other way around it. Plenty of different kinda sweets for instant use but no salty stuff. Just gotta cook them salty snacks.

DeKay wrote: »
    I don't snack. It gets your insulin level up (after going down from a big meal) and this might not be good as it makes your body store fats or whatever it is from the flunctuation of the insulin, or so I've heard.
    Not a problem for me. I do not gain weight. But when I snack I still want it to be a healthy kinda snack.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    nothing better then some healthy stirfry veggies but you have to actually like veggies to enjoy it <3
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Nuts can be really boring, but I usually eat them in small amounts and with the mentality of "this is just to get me by until I eat something real later" and then it's not so bad. Also, eating nuts with a banana can make even the most boring nut taste like dessert.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Fruit salad
    Spinach omelette
    Canned fruit and yogurt
    Veggie soup
    Roasted almonds
    Walnuts
    That seems like a lot of work. But I guess there's no other way around it. Plenty of different kinda sweets for instant use but no salty stuff. Just gotta cook them salty snacks.
    Think of it as effort for a reward.

Most of my list can be prepared in advance, and used as snacks over 3-4 days.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Dried Apple chips are good. Clementines too during fall/winter.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I love strawberries and almonds.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Grilled tomato sandwiches with a little cheese. :sunglasses:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    Corn on the cob yum
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2019
    Celery and peanut butter. Just be careful with the amount of peanut butter.

ETA: Popcorn. I like it made in my air popper with a little salt and butter.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • PlushPlush Posts: 48 Member
    I like to put bananas in the freezer and wait a couple of hours, put them in a mixer and finally I have my own healthy ice cream!
  • bbyjojibbyjoji Posts: 32 Member
    hummus & carrots
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Smoked almonds, or pistachios, or cashews (in moderation)