Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Communicating in the Sims 4

GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Thought I would start a new thread to hear your experiences with the new social system on the Sims 4 and what you think could be improved.
My experience so far has been when ever I go to a bar and I’m talking to a spouse or friend other sims will randomly join in and you obtain unnecessary friendships. On residential lots sims shouldn’t really talk to you unless you engage at least to manage your friendship inventory I understand the free will of sims but the invasion of conversations is just unruly.
Another prime example is when you go to clubs you get a swarm of random sims added to your friends list because of invasive interactions when out with other sims.. dancing

I would really like to see the interactions fine tuned because right now there are no boundaries.
If it isn’t for mods I wouldn’t have the option of deleting idle “friends” from my contacts.

Please share your views

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It reminds me of my Doctor Sim. While my Sim is treating her patient, her colleague is queuing to talk to her, and I just deleted the interaction because, I found it's quite 'unprofessional' for my Doctor Sim to talk to her colleague just about, nothing while swapping a sample...

But, as you said, when they are in a group conversation, random NPCs will starts join in. I found it more interesting rather than annoying... but, I do get you because there's a time, my teenage Sims was on a date, a random NPC join in their flirty conversation which I found it is kinda weird.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »
    It reminds me of my Doctor Sim. While my Sim is treating her patient, her colleague is queuing to talk to her, and I just deleted the interaction because, I found it's quite 'unprofessional' for my Doctor Sim to talk to her colleague just about, nothing while swapping a sample...

But, as you said, when they are in a group conversation, random NPCs will starts join in. I found it more interesting rather than annoying... but, I do get you because there's a time, my teenage Sims was on a date, a random NPC join in their flirty conversation which I found it is kinda weird.. :D

Exactly ! I found that with the Doctor career and to be fair they never do their job most are stuck in conversation with one particular patient on the bed.
    I do the same and cancel interactions while at work and shift+click to reset sims or objects . Another example is when you have your own business you talk to one sim to build repport with customers so they can buy your stuff other sims will join in and it becomes a mothers meeting! This really interferes with selling! And a big put off ...

It is interesting to have random sims approach you how ever there needs to be a boundary Set in place so that if you are engaging in convo other sims won’t just come and intersect like you said it could be an intimate conversation between you and another sim and someone jumps in very weird and random lol when a 3 way is not what you had in mind
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yeah, the friendliness of the NPCs is good ;) but, they should learn the boundaries.. :D And totally agree about the retail.. There's a time, my Sim ended up talking to all of her customers... instead of persuading them to buy.

Perhaps, if we could actually set individual Sim personal space, based on their friendship level, like how they greet each other...it could possibly change the random interruption. Or else, if there's a small UI pop up saying that XXX wants to start a conversation, or introduce themselves.. then our Sims could have an option to accept/decline it..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I wish they'd patch a solution for the strangers who interrupt your outing.
    You can't even go on a date without someone wasting your time with idle chatter.

Perhaps they need to fix it such that sims outside of your playable sims will not autonomously talk to your sims, if you have to direct your sim to talk to others, for there to be any conversation between them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Unruly is an excellent word to describe the social interactions OP.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    its super annoying on dates. thats a social call that weve organised by either being the initiate or invited and since its a social event between two sims everyone else should just bugger off until the event is ended. they seem to get annoyed i make my sims invade their conversations, it aint fair that they can invade mine!
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Yeah, the friendliness of the NPCs is good ;) but, they should learn the boundaries.. :D And totally agree about the retail.. There's a time, my Sim ended up talking to all of her customers... instead of persuading them to buy.

Perhaps, if we could actually set individual Sim personal space, based on their friendship level, like how they greet each other...it could possibly change the random interruption. Or else, if there's a small UI pop up saying that XXX wants to start a conversation, or introduce themselves.. then our Sims could have an option to accept/decline it..

thats a great option. in real world retail when a floor associate is helping one customer other customers patiently wait their turn, it should be the same in sim world retail. its a special space within their world, not walking by on the street so it should have special social rules.

IMO the mobile functionality needs to be overhauled. if im invited somewhere i want to be able to decline it and have that sim leave me alone instead of another message 10sim mins later for another event. itd be nice for a return of 'ill meet u there' instead of accepting an invite and whatever im doing is being dropped immediately. if im meeting the sim there, put a timer on so i have that amount of time to meet them or the invite is declined and we suffer a relationship drop.

id also like the option to have an sms convo with my sims friends. they message me about random stuf, why cant i? for example: a pop up near the notification wall (which doesnt impact gameplay and goes away after say ... 10 seconds or something) that says "insert name here, just 'intsert new thing here (married, engaged, baby etc etc)' would u like to send a congratulatory message Y/N" and if u click yes they get the messages we get.
    edited October 2018
    That is such a great idea ! We get prowled with phone calls I might be busy ... but happy to go once I’ve finished showering for 30 sim mins lol... like you said accepting calls drops everything your doing and shifts you over to the sims location there should be an option/timer of I will meet you at said place...

Yes interruption of conversations with another known sim from a random sim to me just highlights the flaw in the social portion of the game there needs to be a better structure in place it just makes conversing with other sims meaningless...

And worst of all is when you invite a sim round or out that is automised they break convo to go play a video game or do something else when I havnt finished the queue of interactions I have once again a flaw in the social system which clearly indicates the lack of structure in social interactions... with sims 3 this was a lot more engaging and you didn’t have random sims popping into your convo or walking away from your convo to do something else of no high priority such as if they needed to use the toilet fair enough but to break a convo when there is still a queue to go clean the sink or play video games it’s like really !? ....
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    That is such a great idea ! We get prowled with phone calls I might be busy ... but happy to go once I’ve finished showering for 30 sim mins lol... like you said accepting calls drops everything your doing and shifts you over to the sims location there should be an option/timer of I will meet you at said place...

Yes interruption of conversations with another known sim from a random sim to me just highlights the flaw in the social portion of the game there needs to be a better structure in place it just makes conversing with other sims meaningless...

And worst of all is when you invite a sim round or out that is automised they break convo to go play a video game or do something else when I havnt finished the queue of interactions I have once again a flaw in the social system which clearly indicates the lack of structure in social interactions... with sims 3 this was a lot more engaging and you didn’t have random sims popping into your convo or walking away from your convo to do something else of no high priority such as if they needed to use the toilet fair enough but to break a convo when there is still a queue to go clean the sink or play video games it’s like really !? ....

exactly. it also annoys me (but i think other threads have covered this) that sims will invite us places, talk minimally and then leave the lot, like "um hello u were my ride where are u? oh u left... guess ill catch an uber or taxi" type thing

im hoping this big patch theyre working on brings other improvements in to the game as whole and am getting more and more impatient waiting for it
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't mind so much when random Sims decide to talk to mine when they're out collecting or burning the leaf piles. It's the constant phone calls that drive me round the bend. I don't care whether it's someone my Sim met once or their mother who lives in another house - no, my Sims do not want to go to the Geek Festival. No, they don't want to catch a show in the city. No, they don't want you to come over. And no, they don't want you to spam them with invites every ten minutes.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    I agree with all previous comments... I know this is petty to add and a bit off topic but when a sim invites my sim out to eat as a friend, on a date or for celebrating a promotion can the inviter please pay? Why is my sim forced to pay when they weren't the ones initiating the event? I don't mind them paying when they ask someone out or whatever but when it's the opposite it's like you called me out to celebrate my promotion. I know I'm getting paid better but it's pretty rude to invite me out and make me pay when you're the one saying you will treat me out. And if possible if there was an option to split the payment somehow.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    I agree with all previous comments... I know this is petty to add and a bit off topic but when a sim invites my sim out to eat as a friend, on a date or for celebrating a promotion can the inviter please pay? Why is my sim forced to pay when they weren't the ones initiating the event? I don't mind them paying when they ask someone out or whatever but when it's the opposite it's like you called me out to celebrate my promotion. I know I'm getting paid better but it's pretty rude to invite me out and make me pay when you're the one saying you will treat me out. And if possible if there was an option to split the payment somehow.

Lmaoo!!! I never thought about that ! I mean to be fair our sims have so much disposable income can’t spend it on anything else why not ! Haha

However these are very good options.