Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I understand why we don't have currently have vehicles

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Okay, people, I know people want cars. But I understand why we don't have them in the game. In Sims 2 how a sim travel to community lot we had a taxi, or in Night life we had cars. The only way to travel was with taxi, and cars. In Sims 3 we had an open world, and use them to travel. In Sims 4 we travel by phone.Im not against cars, but I understand why currently are not in the game

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Yeah now Sims just teleport to every lot, so we technically don't need cars, but I think every Sim game should always have cars (open world or not). Be nice of we had parking lots too. It'd be a nice touch to the game. In Sims 2 you used the phone to travel too, and it was nice when a taxi would show up to drop you off. I do hope they can add them soon. I honestly think Sims 4 would've had vehicles if it weren't for *cough* Olympus *cough*. I don't think they would've left it out of the base game if the game was originally intended to be offline.

<3<3
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Okay, people, I know people want cars. But I understand why we don't have them in the game. In Sims 2 how a sim travel to community lot we had a taxi, or in Night life we had cars. The only way to travel was with taxi, and cars. In Sims 3 we had an open world, and use them to travel. In Sims 4 we travel by phone.Im not against cars, but I understand why currently are not in the game

Sorry but how does this highlight the reason we don’t have cars ?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    Okay, people, I know people want cars. But I understand why we don't have them in the game. In Sims 2 how a sim travels to community lot we had a taxi, or in Nightlife we had cars. The only way to travel was with taxi and cars. In Sims 3 we had an open world, and use them to travel. In Sims 4 we travel by phone. Im not against cars, but I understand why currently are not in the game

Sorry, but how does this highlight the reason we don’t have cars?

Because you don't need cars to travel to lots. You just teleport by phone. To be fair we didn't need cars to travel in three, but it did make it faster.
    Okay, people, I know people want cars. But I understand why we don't have them in the game. In Sims 2 how a sim travels to community lot we had a taxi, or in Nightlife we had cars. The only way to travel was with taxi and cars. In Sims 3 we had an open world, and use them to travel. In Sims 4 we travel by phone. Im not against cars, but I understand why currently are not in the game

Because you don't need cars to travel to lots. You just teleport by phone. To be fair we didn't need cars to travel in three, but it did make it faster.

But cars should always be in The Sims regardless, there is a need for them. Otherwise we don't need stoves, refrigerators, beds etc, Sims needs could just automatically get filled, but that's not realistic at all. It's just something that should be in the game. It is a simulation of life after all. o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    I can see why don't we currently have them.They probably didn't think we need them,and they were running out of time.I can understand for the need for realism.
    I can see why don't we currently have them.They probably didn't think we need them,and they were running out of time.I can understand for the need for realism.

Yeah I think time because they had redo a lot of things.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    We have never “needed” cars in any of the sims games but we have had them for immersion and gameplay. In the sims 4 the roads arent real so I think that may have something to do with it.
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    I would love for an Uber to pull up! I just don't like how long it sometimes takes to travel...
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I think we should have them. It doesn't make sense that sims just materialize from thin air. It's even worse that elevators are not animated so sims materialize from one floor to another.

It's like saying we don't need doors if sims could materialize from one room to another. Why take the effort to animate and code doors if sims could just vanish from one room to the next?
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    In Sims 2 you could just walk somewhere by going to the edge of the lot, or you could get in your car and drive there. For going to other lots, the end effect is exactly the same. Cars were still nice because they let people tell the stories they wanted to tell.

TS4 is weird because there's all the public area around the lot, and some lots don't even have anything that could be considered road access. I'm pretty certain that there are prototype cars that the Sims team is working on. (There are prototypes for a lot of things that aren't ready for public release yet.) The catch is that once cars are released, it'll be harder to justify working on them more in the future. And it's hard to make cars feel like proper cars that you drive, instead of simple teleporters, within the game as it stands now.
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I think we should have them. It doesn't make sense that sims just materialize from thin air. It's even worse that elevators are not animated so sims materialize from one floor to another.

It's like saying we don't need doors if sims could materialize from one room to another. Why take the effort to animate and code doors if sims could just vanish from one room to the next?

I but it was a reason we had them in 2 .Becuse you couldn't travel without a taxi, or car.Sims 2 cars came with late night.
    DreamaDove wrote: »

I but it was a reason we had them in 2 .Becuse you couldn't travel without a taxi, or car.Sims 2 cars came with late night.

they could have very well made it in ts2 to be able to travel by using the phone, but they went the extra mile and gave us cars. The fact that we can travel using the phone right now doesn't negate the need for cars. It's like when you buy something on the computer it magically shows up in your inventory instead of having to wait for it to arrive in the mailbox and picking it up there. It's not a feature, it's lazy shortcut.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It will be nice if we can have cars, in fact, any kind of transportation... a bicycle is awesome too! Although, for some of the TS4 neighbourhood setting, it's not making sense... or in general... because the furthest we can go is between 2/3 blocks away. But, why do they have the road to begin with? I think, to have cars, we need CAW tool. So, that we can add in the road.. or anything similar...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited October 2018

But you never actually said why they are not in game lol. Because of phones? That makes no sense. You could also travel by phone in previous sims.

The sims 4 desperately needs transportation. It feels incomplete otherwise given that most every house on the planet has garages and cars and bikes and skateboards etc...it's essential.

So many people are over thinking it saying it's impossible with how the roads are. Roads don't matter. Car animations and objects matter. The loading screen could start up right after a sim pulls out of their driveway. It's that simple.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    Even if we stay away from an open world, transportation is essential and universality too for a simulation .
    So car yes for sure but not only. Walk, bikes electric bikes motorbikes boats small and big ones windsurfs skate boards rollers ULM helicopters and public transportation of all kinds too.

I am sure I did forget a few ones.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The only real reason I can think of to make me understand it, is that it’s easier to develop. That’s not a good reason for me though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The only real reason I can think of to make me understand it, is that it’s easier to develop. That’s not a good reason for me though.

From the posts I'm reading on here lately, the new excuse for not having this or that is because there wasn't time? I really hope that's not true. If it is, it's a pretty sad excuse.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

From the posts I'm reading on here lately, the new excuse for not having this or that is because there wasn't time? I really hope that's not true. If it is, it's a pretty sad excuse.
    I think lack of time and easy are linked here ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2018

By having cars in Sims 3 it showed off the open world and there was no loading screens. For me I was glad there was vehicles even though unlike Sims 2 you would magically teleport inside the car. It would be nice to include Cars in Sims 4 but the tech for me is an step back in time as how they will be used even if they magically pop in their car.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 4 uses loading screens. It's not for fun either. It's the build of the game. You want to work on another lot in your world? You gotta load it. Sure, you could walk over there and THEN load it for realism, but the load screen would still be there. Or you could just load straight from your phone.

So it would actually take you longer to get to places if you used a car,

It would look nice, but right now if they were working on cars, they wouldn't be working on Terrain.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims 4 uses loading screens. It's not for fun either. It's the build of the game. You want to work on another lot in your world? You gotta load it. Sure, you could walk over there and THEN load it for realism, but the load screen would still be there. Or you could just load straight from your phone.

So it would actually take you longer to get to places if you used a car,

It would look nice, but right now if they were working on cars, they wouldn't be working on Terrain.

I so agree it is based more on the design of the game, I am so used to how Sims 4 work I really do not care now and if Sims 5 is on EA/Maxis radar I hope they do an proper car feature then.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited October 2018
    I wouldn't mind cars even with loading screens. They share animations, it can't be that difficult. I know there's lots without access to a road, so they could take a bus that comes by the nearest road. Come on, it's not like these things don't have solutions.