Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding The Pink Diamond, Palladium and Plutonium (XBOX360)

I have searched every place on the map in Moonlight Bay (Xbox 360) and have found nothing. I have googled and searched but nothing seemed to come up. I have used Carl's Sims 3 Guide, but that seems to mainly help PC users. Any tips?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    They are difficult to find in the PC version too. Especially the Pink Diamond.

I have no idea how the XBox works. Can you place spawners? If so and you're truly desperate you could place some spawners somewhere that might spawn the items you need.

With the PC I have found the Pink Diamond while using the digger the sim made with the Inventing Bench. Otherwise they just turn up randomly and very rarely while the sim is out collecting things.
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    They are difficult to find in the PC version too. Especially the Pink Diamond.

I have no idea how the XBox works. Can you place spawners? If so and you're truly desperate you could place some spawners somewhere that might spawn the items you need.

With the PC I have found the Pink Diamond while using the digger the sim made with the Inventing Bench. Otherwise they just turn up randomly and very rarely while the sim is out collecting things.

With xbox 360 there is no DLC's but i believe Sims 3 Pets for Xbox 360 has the inventing stuff. I dont think there are spawners, ill just try looking more and at different times of the day/night.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I've never played the console versions of TS3, but I did find a thread on the console forum at Carl's that indicated pink diamonds tend to show up just outside the fence at the public pool. HTH

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28033.0
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    If cheating for a bit isn’t a problem, you could buy a treasure chest (you’ll need buydebug to get one or travel to a WA world) and set it to contain very valuable gems in buy/build mode (not sure which one to choose anymore, it’s been a while). Apart from indeed using the digger but you’ll need a pretty skilled inventor to have one of those I believe (that also has been a while for me).

Oh, p.s., you’re not referring to the PC game? Then I’m not sure, sorry.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2018
    The only way to do this in XBox 360 is to level up your dog (the dog is the one that tracks down metals, gemstones and rocks) by sending him out hunting for gemstones and metals... and keep doing it...eventually he'll be at a high enough level to track down those pink diamonds, palladium and other precious gemstones and metals. Unfortunately, in Xbox 360 - there's no way to cheat around this. Sorry.

I have the Xbox 360 basic game, but not the Pets expansion.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Sims-3-Pets/walkthrough/3 - found this site for hints on the Xbox game.

I am assuming that you're trying to accomplish the: "No Fate But What We Make" task?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    The only way to do this in XBox 360 is to level up your dog (the dog is the one that tracks down metals, gemstones and rocks) by sending him out hunting for gemstones and metals... and keep doing it...eventually he'll be at a high enough level to track down those pink diamonds, palladium and other precious gemstones and metals. Unfortunately, in Xbox 360 - there's no way to cheat around this. Sorry.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Sims-3-Pets/walkthrough/3 - found this site for hints on the Xbox game.

I am assuming that you're trying to accomplish the: "No Fate But What We Make" task?

Sorry for the late reply, i was busy irl, but this is on sims 3 not pets, ive been looking it up i have a few places in mind that ill try to check out. but when i do get to TS3 pets ill definitely keep that in mind.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Pinky7797 wrote: »

Sorry for the late reply, i was busy irl, but this is on sims 3 not pets, ive been looking it up i have a few places in mind that ill try to check out. but when i do get to TS3 pets ill definitely keep that in mind.

With the PC Game all of the Expansions are combined together and are all called The Sims 3. Each expansion just adds extra stuff and extra interactions to the game as a whole.