Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Stuff Packs Are Still A Thing?

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    No
    Gamepack, yes. Stuff pack, please. Bowling stuff, really?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    With the shifting of people from team to team, possible re-introduction of two expansion packs per year and the deficiency of stuff packs the past couple of quarters, do you believe Stuff Packs will continue to exist?

Answer "Yes", even if you believe they still exist but will come at a much slower rate than before.

Yes I think their still a thing cause the gurus on Twitter avoid answering the question on whether their done or not. I expect more SPs in 2019. If stuffpacks were done the gurus would have said so by now.
    Yes
    Graham's response when questioned on the return of Stuff Packs.

So not even they know if they want to bring back Stuff Packs???

I bet they're waiting for the heat to pass, even though the year is almost over and I project no SP coming for the rest of the year. Perhaps in 2019 they may return, but at a much slower pace.

They know but they can't say yet. I think stuffpacks will return in Early 19.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    They're quick and easy money, often packed with items cut from bigger packs, or reskins and easy clothes. Why would EA give up on that?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    Yes
    @Loanet I couldn't agree more. It's a way easy way for EA to make money off those of us Simmers who can't handle having gaps in their collection (such as myself). However, I feel they could be slightly improved. That being said I feel Laundry Day Stuff was/is the best stuff pack currently included because it added something that I really missed from Sims 3. There are some things that I feel that could be in the base game, but are only available in the stuff packs such as hot tubs. They could have just given us more styles in the Perfect Patio Stuff pack, but that's just my opinion.
    Yes
    Now Backyard Stuff was an amazing Stuffpack. It threw in up to 4 Gameplay Objects. I'd really love a Pool Stuffpack Next.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    No
    Now Backyard Stuff was an amazing Stuffpack. It threw in up to 4 Gameplay Objects. I'd really love a Pool Stuffpack Next.

Yessssss. I loved Romantic Garden as well.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    They have slowed down, but they will make a come back. Im sure some stuff packs will come out related to the new EPs.

They don't have to be related -- certainly Backyard Stuff and Kids Room Stuff weren't related to any EPs existing at the time of release. Vintage Glamour ties in well with Get Famous but enough time has passed between VG release and GF that you can't really say there's a "tie in", just like you can't really say that Backyard is related to Seasons.

I think we won't see quite as many, and maybe they're re-evaluating themes after the MFP backlash (which is a shame -- if it didn't have the items that required C&D it's actually a cute little pack; I like that children can Study Rodent and it counts as the homework for the day), but if there are some themes that lend themselves to the SP treatments we'll see them. And maybe they'll do another community stuff pack project because that was really popular, and there might not be an overarching theme like laundry to dominate the discussion this time around.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Yes
    I think the team is just taking a step back after the whole MFP debacle.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    Yes
    i would rather the store you can pick and choose instead buying a pack for couple items you like
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No
    Yes, but what I think and hope is that they will tone down the number of stuff packs and focus on releasing more EP's and GP's per year instead. My ideal would be 2 EP's, 2 or 3 GP's, and 2 SP's a year, plus free stuff at least twice a year.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I fear they are not coming back - I think MFP did them in. Sad - as I enjoy the sps and liked MFP. So I hope they come back - but I worry they won't.

That sounds plausible. I hadn't realized that that pack was so unpopular. Just looking at the content and the value of the perceived gameplay from it, for me it seemed about on par with other packs that I've researched to consider for purchase.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes
    I don't think stuff packs are gone, but I do think they're going to limit how many come out considering how gung ho they were in cranking them out early on in the game's life. And I don't actually want them to go away, because I feel like there's potential for them.
    Like @pegasusventrice said, I think Laundry Day established a new standard that stuff packs should follow, because it really does add so much new gameplay with just the tiniest effort. If every new stuff pack added a very minor gameplay change like that, it would go a long way towards making them worthwhile. The next closest one to LD was Vintage Glamour, with it's addition of the butler, but I find that that pack could have used a tad more clothing options than it got to make it truly worthy.
    I just think there are decent prospects for the future if they put a tiny bit more effort into the stuff packs to have them be as significant as LD.
    No
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I fear they are not coming back - I think MFP did them in. Sad - as I enjoy the sps and liked MFP. So I hope they come back - but I worry they won't.

That sounds plausible. I hadn't realized that that pack was so unpopular. Just looking at the content and the value of the perceived gameplay from it, for me it seemed about on par with other packs that I've researched to consider for purchase.

It was because some of, it not most, of the pack's items were cut from the expansion pack.

Plus, the fact that it was DLC for DLC. That alone makes it a joke tbh.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes
    I have a feeling that they won't release more SPs, but I'm hoping they will. SP are essential to me since we don't have a store like in TS3. I like to get more items and I dont use CC, so please, more SPs. Also, the whole problem was with MFPS, because it required another EP. There was nothing wrong with the other SPs, so I dont see why stop making them.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019
    No
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

It was because some of, it not most, of the pack's items were cut from the expansion pack.

Plus, the fact that it was DLC for DLC. That alone makes it a joke tbh.

I do find it difficult when looking closely at all the content offerings to take the full price cost seriously. Even at 50% off, I've passed on most sales all but one sale.

In contrast, for ts3 I used to pre-order everything for full price for the deluxe/limited/whatever edition and be in bliss when I received the content. I can't believe that it has been just me that's changed so much between the ts3 content and ts4 content.
  • PlumbobsholiestPlumbobsholiest Posts: 22 Member
    Yes
    they better !!
    No
    they better !!

That wasn't really the aim of the poll. You wanting them to come back shouldn't be the equivalent of a 'Yes'. Answer with what you think will happen, even if it goes against your wishes.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • XjikookXjikook Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    Guys I want to ask something, My computer features; Intel(R), Celeron(R) CPU B880 @1.5GHZ 1.50GHZ, 4GB RAM.. But I have 32 bit operating sistem. and I want to buy Get famous but I guess İt wants 64 bit OS. If I get that pack, do I have a lot of problems.
  • MissPlayingMissPlaying Posts: 152 Member
    Yes
    I really think they should do another community pack. Look at Laundry Day, it's one of the most popular packs and that's why! It was made by the community for the community.
    Yes
    Xjikook wrote: »
    Guys I want to ask something, My computer features; Intel(R), Celeron(R) CPU B880 @1.5GHZ 1.50GHZ, 4GB RAM.. But I have 32 bit operating sistem. and I want to buy Get famous but I guess İt wants 64 bit OS. If I get that pack, do I have a lot of problems.

You ll probably have lag and crashes if you try to play GF with 32 bit especially if you have Seasons.
    No

So I guess she just revealed no SPs or GPs are in active development right now.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    Yes
    I wish they would do a stuff pack for a Creepy Garden (love the romantic garden, but would like to balance things out with creepy garden stuff)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    Maybe. Would be a shame to end it on My First Pet stuff.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr