Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Stuff Packs Are Still A Thing?

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I am sure we will see them reappearing in 2019.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    No
    I fear they are not coming back - I think MFP did them in. Sad - as I enjoy the sps and liked MFP. So I hope they come back - but I worry they won't.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yes
    Yes, of course. Why would they just abandon it unless the series is coming to a close?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    No
    Garethlex wrote: »
    What an odd thread ... of course they will

No, it isn't an odd thread. There is still a high chance they won't come back lmao.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    No
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yes, of course. Why would they just abandon it unless the series is coming to a close?

To focus on packs that net them more profit, perhaps. Although we don't know which type of packs sell most, I don't really believe stuff packs have a high profit margin. Definitely profitable, just not by much in comparison to game and expansion packs.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    No
    Graham's response when questioned on the return of Stuff Packs.

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes
    Considering we're getting an EP soon I wouldn't be shocked if we get two of them first quarter 2019.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    Not in the traditional sense, no. In the old days (Sims 2 and Sims 3), a stuff pack could stand on its own without prerequisites, like a scaled-down expansion back. The new model comes off as a tad bit opportunistic by comparison, more frustrating to the customer than anything else.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    I don't believe for a second that they would be done with stuff packs. Looking at their habit to bundle two stuff packs with each game pack, the GPs are still one pack behind. There's no pressure to put out a stuff pack any time soon, but eventually there will be. When it comes to Graham's tweet... it's not exactly unheard of them to be secretive about future packs and content.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes
    I hope they're still a thing. I love stuff packs.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • SoapBubbleSoapBubble Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping they are! I would love for them to do another community stuff pack, I loved the assets we got with Laundry Day.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes

So not even they know if they want to bring back Stuff Packs???

I bet they're waiting for the heat to pass, even though the year is almost over and I project no SP coming for the rest of the year. Perhaps in 2019 they may return, but at a much slower pace.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No
    You hopeful folks have apparently not noticed that pack release has been in steady decline since 2105 of 1 pack per year. 2018 had 5 (counting GF), so 2019 will have 4 if EA keeps to the pattern. If they do, I highly doubt they will dump half the quota in Q1. If we did get a double pack quarter, it would most likely be Q2, none in Q3 (we have been told we will have them), and one in Q4 for holiday shopping, paralleling this year's pattern.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes

I bet they're waiting for the heat to pass, even though the year is almost over and I project no SP coming for the rest of the year. Perhaps in 2019 they may return, but at a much slower pace.

"No info to share" = "they are not telling us". The tweet doesn't reveal what they know about the subject.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yes
    I personally want them. I need a stuff pack with more winter clothes options for especially female sims. All of my female sims end up looking the same. A stuff pack with more stylish furniture for babies and children would also be great.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes

"No info to share" = "they are not telling us". The tweet doesn't reveal what they know about the subject.

Surely they would just come out and say it if they were continuing stuff packs.

I'm still going to continue to read that as "we don't know". If they have no info to share, then it's up in the air. Hey that rhymes!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Yeah. I can't see any reason for them to randomly stop them just because of staff changes or releasing 2 EPs a year. That's still enough time for them to release some stuff packs throughout the year.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes
    I'm no fan of stuff packs myself, I've only bought a few, and always feel like I get a lot less than I pay for, but I don't think stuff packs will stop coming anytime soon.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    I'm building up my collection of stuff packs, so I hope they continue!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    I said yes because I think they might not be totally gone. Personally though, I don't miss them at all in fact I didn't bought the last three and I have no need for them in my game. I would actually rather not have them altogether and just have EP's and one ocasional GP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Yes I believe stuff packs are still a thing they just had to move the stuff pack team over to expansions to get enough "stuff" packed into a game pack to sell it as a expansion before Christmas now that Get Famous is done things should go back to normal.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    I hope so. I like stuffpacks. They are great for niche themes that wouldn't have a chance to be included in GPs or EPs.
    2019 I'm hoping for a bedroom SP with new PJs for all ages, new beds (return of vibrating heart bed as gameplay object?, a new crib or two, a simple matress as a new bed for homeless Sims or a very run down house), return of sleeping mask, out-of-bed hairstyles, new dressers and new decor (clutter, rugs, curtains).

Edit: Without SPs we wouldn't have "Void Critters". They need to stay! (What about a "Back to School SP" coming out some time after a University EP?) And: Don't let the era end with "My First Pet Stuff".
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Surely they would just come out and say it if they were continuing stuff packs.

I'm still going to continue to read that as "we don't know". If they have no info to share, then it's up in the air. Hey that rhymes!

I don't think they would. You can be really sure you're going to do something, but until you actually put it into production (and often times even after that), plenty of things could happen that change your plans. Saying, "Yes, there will definitely be more" or even "there will probably be more" will immediately lead to a ton of questions about what kind and when, none of which can be answered yet. Saying there's no info closes the conversation while still leaving plenty of possibilities open.

I don't see them saying anything for sure until the next stuff pack is already far enough into production that there's no doubt they're going to release it.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    No
    I'd rather see more gamepacks instead of stuffpacks, so I hope those have been scrapped.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Yes
    I like the idea of stuff packs and the items that come in them. I hope they just keep getting better!