Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to.....????

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
What happened to sims burning their food? Or doorbells?

Why did they remove these from the game? Am I the only one that misses this?

Are there other small details they have taken away from the game?
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    You mean things that were designed and developed for a previous Sims game that weren't designed and developed in this one?

I'd like those particular details added to this one -- maybe more burnt food as a particular kind of cooked-it-badly, and fewer new-cook fires -- but they weren't "removed". They just weren't included. They're still in the games they were included in. If we get doorbells, I'd like to be able to set ringtones for them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You mean things that were designed and developed for a previous Sims game that weren't designed and developed in this one?

I'd like those particular details added to this one -- maybe more burnt food as a particular kind of cooked-it-badly, and fewer new-cook fires -- but they weren't "removed". They just weren't included. They're still in the games they were included in. If we get doorbells, I'd like to be able to set ringtones for them.

You know what I'm saying. They disappeared from the franchise with TS4. I just now realised sims don't burn their food on the most recent game. That's kind of weird, for some reason I thought this was in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You know what I'm saying. They disappeared from the franchise with TS4. I just now realised sims don't burn their food on the most recent game. That's kind of weird, for some reason I thought this was in the game.

I think it's in some of the frypan animation at the first level? But maybe not in the results visually?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm pretty sure mine has burned their food. They usually struggle to get it out and its awful quality. Not sure it is black though...
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Of all the things missing in sims 4 you pick burnt food and doorbells...there's too many things from previous sims I miss to even name but those two things would be low on the list. On top the list would be reading in bed, dancing together, cuddling in bed, sewing machine skill, turn offs/ons chemistry meter, swimming in oceans, picnics and being able to carry a baby around.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Of all the things missing in sims 4 you pick burnt food and doorbells...there's too many things from previous sims I miss to even name but those two things would be low on the list. On top the list would be reading in bed, dancing together, cuddling in bed, sewing machine skill, turn offs/ons chemistry meter, swimming in oceans, picnics and being able to carry a baby around.

Hey OP has the right to make their own list of things they miss too :)

And did you say a sewing machine skill? We had that??
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Yeah well this is about small details that are no longer in the game and that you would like having back. There are already a thousand threads about swimming in oceans and sewing machines. So yes I picked burned food and doorbells.

But lounging in bed would totally be one of them that I miss too! I'm saddened by the fact that sims don't even cuddle in bed!
    Chazzzy wrote: »

TS2 has badges that worked sort of like skills. There was a sewing badge that your sims could get in Freetime.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I do miss the old phones. Both wall and static. Old landline phone sets are now fashionable and you can get them in loads of colours but with number buttons. They could come back as a Retro object.

Still useful for ringing up ISPs about mobile phone and PC faults and vice versa. :)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    For a game that tries to keep in the modern age, I'm still waiting on those laptops to return...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    I really really want to see a return of newspapers and land line phones. I want my dog to fetch the paper. 😊
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    For a game that tries to keep in the modern age, I'm still waiting on those laptops to return...

This is high on my list of "smaller" things I want back from previous games... but better. I really want to be able to actually use them on laps! And on coffee tables, etc. Lounging in bed, which I totally agree with @Sigzy05 I miss having.

I had Freetime, but I don't remember sewing in it. I suspect there's a lot I didn't use much in that pack.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I really really want to see a return of newspapers and land line phones. I want my dog to fetch the paper. 😊

Even though I use neither in my personal life I'd also love to see these return. ^^
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

I do kinda miss panning out to find my pets just munching on the paper nonstop.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't miss anything from old games cause I play Sims 4 but I'd like a doorbell just cause I often cannot hear the knocking. Or maybe the visitors don't knock lol. I just see a sim randomly standing outside of my door all of a sudden.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Sims used to burn their doorbells??? ;)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Sims can make poor quality food, so that is similar to "burning" it. There are no doorbells in Sims 4, they knock instead.
  • Options
    LadyLakewoodLadyLakewood Posts: 16 Member
    The couple dancing... all of it, even the silly animations and it taking forever to end a classic dance. Geez, I've even become nostalgic for the endless "Classic Dance With..." wants. But seriously, in what world do couples not like to dance *together*??
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Cuddling in bed. Spooning. Lap sitting. Romantic watching the stars. Get rid of that invisible line between sims, please.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Reading while relaxing (on a bed, in a lounger, or on a towel on the ground, all), laptops (why we still don't have these in 2018, in a 'current' game is beyond me), tag for kids, and slow dancing are high on my list of wants back in Sims 4.

I will say, though, as for the OP's misses. It really bugs me that sims don't burn food or catch the kitchen on fire from leaving food unattended. My sim has literally dropped cooking to go to work, spent a 8 hour shift at work and came home, no fire. And, if memory recalls correctly, the food was still normal quality. It has been a while, so I'll test it, now that I'm thinking of it.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member

and burglers and firemen
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    shnailehshnaileh Posts: 10 New Member
    In some previous games clocks actually functioned as clocks for in game time, not just decoration. I miss that.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    There are many things I miss from previous iterations (TS2 in particular) that aren't in TS4. I could make a very long list, but most of them are not small details. I'll try to keep my list to just a few of the smaller details as requested though. In addition to the above things already listed, I miss:

1. Moving Sims with MOO
    2. Call to and/or Serve Meal - Yes, we have these options in TS4, but it's not the same. Sims do not sit at a table and wait to actually be served a plate of food at home.
    3. Rabbits possibly eating your outside garden produce if you don't have a fence around it.
    4. Weeds growing in landscape plants. Made hiring a gardener necessary if you had a lot of flora/fauna around your house. The plants would also die and have to be replanted if you didn't water them.
    5. Small telescopes
    6. Porch/backyard loveseat swings
    7. Kids interactive games such as Mary Mack, zapping another Sim with static electricity from rubbing their feet on a rug, teeter totters, sandboxes and RC/motorized toys
    8. The 'Move Out' animation. Sims moving out would actually leave the house with a suitcase as their family stood by waving goodbye, sometimes cried. They got in a car and left too, but that's a bigger thing.
    9. Trash compactor, Insinkerator, Juicer and Blender
    10. Mrs. Crumplebottom

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    There are many things I miss from previous iterations (TS2 in particular) that aren't in TS4. I could make a very long list, but most of them are not small details. I'll try to keep my list to just a few of the smaller details as requested though. In addition to the above things already listed, I miss:

1. Moving Sims with MOO
    2. Call to and/or Serve Meal - Yes, we have these options in TS4, but it's not the same. Sims do not sit at a table and wait to actually be served a plate of food at home.
    3. Rabbits possibly eating your outside garden produce if you don't have a fence around it.
    4. Weeds growing in landscape plants. Made hiring a gardener necessary if you had a lot of flora/fauna around your house. The plants would also die and have to be replanted if you didn't water them.
    5. Small telescopes
    6. Porch/backyard loveseat swings
    7. Kids interactive games such as Mary Mack, zapping another Sim with static electricity from rubbing their feet on a rug, teeter totters, sandboxes and RC/motorized toys
    8. The 'Move Out' animation. Sims moving out would actually leave the house with a suitcase as their family stood by waving goodbye, sometimes cried. They got in a car and left too, but that's a bigger thing.
    9. Trash compactor, Insinkerator, Juicer and Blender
    10. Mrs. Crumplebottom

Happy Simming! <3

I forgot the rabbits and the goodbye waves. Bring them back I say!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Yeah well this is about small details that are no longer in the game and that you would like having back. There are already a thousand threads about swimming in oceans and sewing machines. So yes I picked burned food and doorbells.

But lounging in bed would totally be one of them that I miss too! I'm saddened by the fact that sims don't even cuddle in bed!
    Chazzzy wrote: »

TS2 has badges that worked sort of like skills. There was a sewing badge that your sims could get in Freetime.

Ah that explains it. I played on a Mac then so I never had FreeTime, Apartments, or Teen Style.
  • Options
    ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    Ugh, I miss these features as well.
    KbhKf88.png