February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

Some questions for MCCC players!

I've just started experimenting with it in my save as I'd been playing each household individually for a while now and decided I needed a break. I've got a few questions for players with much more experience in using the miracle that is MCCC, which are:
  1. How many/often do you get last exceptions?
  2. How many/which module do you use in your game?
  3. Do players ever share their settings file for the "ideal" setup?
6riwm5.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 143,027 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you have started using the MCCC mod :)
    You may like to post your questions on the MCCC mod help and chat thread, where fellow MCCC mod users will help you,
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,766 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) It is great that you have started using the MCCC mod :)
    You may like to post your questions on the MCCC mod help and chat thread, where fellow MCCC mod users will help you,
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

thanks for the link, rose! I'll definitely take my questions there.
    6riwm5.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 2,947 Member
    1. I used to get Last Exceptions every time the game loaded. Then, I got Last Exceptions every time I travelled, switched to a different family, or went into CAS from inside the home. I found out I had a mod that was causing me to get these Last Exceptions. I removed that mod and now I don't get any. One thing I have noticed though, is if I save the game while a holiday is currently active, quit the game and reopen it, I will get a Last Exception as soon as the house loads up. It says something about "holiday nodes". To avoid getting that, I just make sure I only quit the game after the holiday has ended.

2. The modules I use are: Career, Cheats, Cleaner, Occult, Population, Tuner and Woohoo.

3. Idk if there is an ideal setup because everyone plays differently ya know? I can't say I've ever seen anyone share their Settings file.
    If you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything.

Origin ID: ChazzzyGOAT
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,766 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    1. I used to get Last Exceptions every time the game loaded. Then, I got Last Exceptions every time I travelled, switched to a different family, or went into CAS from inside the home. I found out I had a mod that was causing me to get these Last Exceptions. I removed that mod and now I don't get any. One thing I have noticed though, is if I save the game while a holiday is currently active, quit the game and reopen it, I will get a Last Exception as soon as the house loads up. It says something about "holiday nodes". To avoid getting that, I just make sure I only quit the game after the holiday has ended.

2. The modules I use are: Career, Cheats, Cleaner, Occult, Population, Tuner and Woohoo.

3. Idk if there is an ideal setup because everyone plays differently ya know? I can't say I've ever seen anyone share their Settings file.

thanks for the reply! I'll have to avoid saving during holidays as a rule then. I've been getting last exceptions here & there, in part the game itself maybe being wonky and also due to my other mods, i.e. I get an LE when my sim leaves with all their dogs to "walk" them in a rabbithole. I've started off with just the Woohoo module but considering adding Tuner & Career as well.
    6riwm5.png