Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some questions for MCCC players!

I've just started experimenting with it in my save as I'd been playing each household individually for a while now and decided I needed a break. I've got a few questions for players with much more experience in using the miracle that is MCCC, which are:
  1. How many/often do you get last exceptions?
  2. How many/which module do you use in your game?
  3. Do players ever share their settings file for the "ideal" setup?
6riwm5.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) It is great that you have started using the MCCC mod :)
    You may like to post your questions on the MCCC mod help and chat thread, where fellow MCCC mod users will help you,
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

thanks for the link, rose! I'll definitely take my questions there.
    6riwm5.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    1. I used to get Last Exceptions every time the game loaded. Then, I got Last Exceptions every time I travelled, switched to a different family, or went into CAS from inside the home. I found out I had a mod that was causing me to get these Last Exceptions. I removed that mod and now I don't get any. One thing I have noticed though, is if I save the game while a holiday is currently active, quit the game and reopen it, I will get a Last Exception as soon as the house loads up. It says something about "holiday nodes". To avoid getting that, I just make sure I only quit the game after the holiday has ended.

2. The modules I use are: Career, Cheats, Cleaner, Occult, Population, Tuner and Woohoo.

3. Idk if there is an ideal setup because everyone plays differently ya know? I can't say I've ever seen anyone share their Settings file.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    1. I used to get Last Exceptions every time the game loaded. Then, I got Last Exceptions every time I travelled, switched to a different family, or went into CAS from inside the home. I found out I had a mod that was causing me to get these Last Exceptions. I removed that mod and now I don't get any. One thing I have noticed though, is if I save the game while a holiday is currently active, quit the game and reopen it, I will get a Last Exception as soon as the house loads up. It says something about "holiday nodes". To avoid getting that, I just make sure I only quit the game after the holiday has ended.

2. The modules I use are: Career, Cheats, Cleaner, Occult, Population, Tuner and Woohoo.

3. Idk if there is an ideal setup because everyone plays differently ya know? I can't say I've ever seen anyone share their Settings file.

thanks for the reply! I'll have to avoid saving during holidays as a rule then. I've been getting last exceptions here & there, in part the game itself maybe being wonky and also due to my other mods, i.e. I get an LE when my sim leaves with all their dogs to "walk" them in a rabbithole. I've started off with just the Woohoo module but considering adding Tuner & Career as well.
    6riwm5.png